YesNoOk

Character still untouchable even after adding blue boxes and deleting NotHitBy s (Read 14579 times)

Started by Redben, November 01, 2021, 01:02:15 pm
Share this topic:
Character still untouchable even after adding blue boxes and deleting NotHitBy s
#1  November 01, 2021, 01:02:15 pm
    • Morocco
I've added Clsn2Default to all animations of the character and even deleted every single NotHitBy in all cns yet it still is untouchable.

When General attempts to grab the char, he simply grabs empty space and after he finishes the grab move animation he gets hit by the char's projectile. Which means there is a specific coding at play that prevents the char from being touched even if the opponent's move lands.

The char in question is Legend of The Golden Witch by "Aegis."
Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 06:34:03 pm by Redben
Re: Character still untouchable even after adding blue boxes and deleting NotHitBy s
#2  November 06, 2021, 12:33:55 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Press ctrl+c to turn on clsns. What colour are they? Are they actually there? Blue means you're missing. Teal means nothitby or hitby are in effect. No hitboxes means you havent hit the anim its using with your new hitboxes

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Character still untouchable even after adding blue boxes and deleting NotHitBy s
#3  November 07, 2021, 10:44:00 pm
    • Morocco
Press ctrl+c to turn on clsns. What colour are they? Are they actually there? Blue means you're missing. Teal means nothitby or hitby are in effect. No hitboxes means you havent hit the anim its using with your new hitboxes

I manually added tael colored clsns to the animations. I've just noticed that many HitBy's values are empty (i.e: value =       ) which may be the source of the problem. I'll fill them up and see if the issue is solved.
#4  November 08, 2021, 05:09:38 pm
    • Morocco

Update:
 After filling all the values of HitBy and NotHitBy states the issue still persists: only that currenty the attacks of the opponents do connect but without applying any damage to the char in question nor putting them in a get hit state; as the latter never enters such a state but instead just continues as if nothing happenned; as if the attacks connect solely with the tael/blue boxes and the char animation itself is independent from said boxes.
#5  November 12, 2021, 07:23:04 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Well you don't want any nothitbys or hitbys in play at all. That said it sounds like the character has super armour as well and you've managed to break it.

If its using the helper style super armour... give up. Or recode it yourself from the sff and air file. Fixing that is almost as much as coding it anyway.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  November 12, 2021, 02:32:06 pm
    • Morocco
Well you don't want any nothitbys or hitbys in play at all. That said it sounds like the character has super armour as well and you've managed to break it.

If its using the helper style super armour... give up. Or recode it yourself from the sff and air file. Fixing that is almost as much as coding it anyway.

Yep, it indeed uses helper style super armor.
Giving up is the way to go.