YesNoOk

Sprite Artists Needed Please (Read 786 times)

Started by Roseredwrath, August 16, 2011, 02:55:52 am
Sprite Artists Needed Please
#1  August 16, 2011, 02:55:52 am
Hey there everyone.  I'm Roseredwrath and I'm new to these forums... but at the current moment, that's not the point.  My point actually was that I am currently trying to create my own fighting game in MUGEN and I was looking for some sprite artists who would possibly be willing to help out and work on some sprites for me?  I don't need a full sprite sheet at the moment.  One still sprite would be perfectly fine at the moment.  But over a long period of time, I would like to have more done.  Perhaps four to six full characters?  I am willing to discuss details, conditions, and other such things with whoever may be willing to assisst me here.  Thank you all for your time.  :)
Avatar base by Endlesspossibility on Deviantart
Re: Sprite Artists Needed Please
#2  August 16, 2011, 03:05:55 am
    • USA
HEY GUYS! I NEED SPRITERS, CODERS, AND MUSICIANS TO MAKE A FIGHTING GAME TO MY ACQUIRED TASTES!

I'LL HELP BY DIRECTING!
#3  August 16, 2011, 11:19:52 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Yeah it's another one of these...ugh
#4  August 16, 2011, 04:14:04 pm
Look, I'm new here, I don't know how anything works.  Actually, this forum was recommended to me by Wizzywhipitwonderful from youtube.  I could do the sprites myself.  I just don't know how.  If you don't want to do it, that's fine, but some pointers and tips would be nice if you don't mind.  I'm not trying to use anyone for my own personal gain.  It's just a really big passion of mine to try and become a game designer and I figured MUGEN was the closest thing at this current point in time.  I don't know anything about spriting or getting them into MUGEN.  I'm sorry I bothered you guys or that my general being on this board disgusts you, I just wanted some pointers or help on editing sprites.  I don't know what to do.  Would it be too much to ask for just some pointers?
#5  August 16, 2011, 04:17:35 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Sup. Download kfm and using fighter factory and the guides section , attempt changing some stuff around. There are a lot of people that come around and demand spriters and coders to do all the work for them and say they refuse to do anything but stating how they want it made, and obviously no one is going to code stuff for you, they are usually coding it for themselves, since it takes a bit of time.

After testing around with kfm, you will have a bit more experience, step up and try to edit some other character, add or remove moves, change their properties, it will give you the basics of sprite editing and code editing.

Aim for creating one character from scratch, then you will know how much effort it takes to make one that you can think of more with a realistical view, if you need any help use the help sections, awright?

Cheers.
#6  August 16, 2011, 04:23:48 pm
Thanks very much.
#7  August 16, 2011, 04:31:52 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Will I ever find a sprite artist who likes Puyo Puyo as much as I do...?
#8  August 27, 2011, 05:13:44 am
 ::)

Yeah I dont think this dude has ever investigated what it takes to make just one character, I loved how that guy said "Yeah it's another one of these...ugh" and the other "I'LL HELP BY DIRECTING." HA HA HA HA HA HA, but to be real, you can check out all it took for me to make that Predator character, and I didnt know how to do the programming so hes not all that complete, but the animations were, trust me dude, we want a lot done with M<UGEN but the leg work is very hefty...