YesNoOk

Dan Hibiki Released, Malin Updated (Read 1883 times)

Started by Koop, March 31, 2024, 05:23:30 pm
Share this topic:
Dan Hibiki Released, Malin Updated
#1  March 31, 2024, 05:23:30 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Re: Dan Hibiki Released, Malin Updated
#2  March 31, 2024, 06:34:43 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Nice work as always. What I found so far for Dan:

- The hard normal kiai voice is overused to the point of getting annoiyng
- Should be "Chouhatsu Densetsu" in the readme
- I think the small portrait doesn't quite look like himself
- He seems to get a lot more shiny DP's than normal. I forget how it was in SvC. But I guess you wanted to buff that regardless
- DP juggles after CD when no other special does
- State 3302 is not at Pos Y 0
- If you do Lv2 Hishou Burai Ken (which by the way is great) with your back against the corner, the fireball reaches P2 but does not hit them

Edit: Disregard the last one. It had to do with my debugging setup (which caught the Pos Y part). It works correctly.

- He can be throw looped since you bypass Mugen's wakeup invincibility
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 07:04:53 pm by PotS
#3  March 31, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
- The hard normal kiai voice is overused to the point of getting annoiyng Fixed
- Should be "Chouhatsu Densetsu" in the readme Fixed
- I think the small portrait doesn't quite look like himself My usual small portrait makers were unavailable. I asked a friend who was able to make a portrait with very short notice (I wanted to release Dan on or before April 1st). Personally I am quite pleased with their work.  :)
- He seems to get a lot more shiny DP's than normal. I forget how it was in SvC. But I guess you wanted to buff that regardless Correct. For RNG moves I like to go for a 1 in 8 chance since SNK does that with a lot of moves. It's his best move. Which leads nicely into....
- DP juggles after CD when no other special does Only the shiny DP can do this. I gave it an anywhere juggle effect. This is to make up for his lack of range and versatility.
- State 3302 is not at Pos Y 0 Fixed (surprised I missed this. probably because he didn't fall through the floor)

The link was updated with the fixes.

Interesting. How exactly does it work?

#4  March 31, 2024, 07:59:00 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Interesting. How exactly does it work?
The HitBy you have in state 0 clears the throw invincibility that is universally granted by Mugen in state 5120. So you can throw him again as soon as he gets up from a throw (unless of course he does something that beats throws). Not sure if intentional. I only tested 2002 but the throw invincibility is present there.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.