YesNoOk

DaMarioMemer released an AI Patch for Cruz's Clark (Read 2758 times)

Started by Yagoshi300, July 31, 2024, 02:22:54 am
Share this topic:
DaMarioMemer released an AI Patch for Cruz's Clark
#1  July 31, 2024, 02:22:54 am
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300
Preview:

Description Copy-Pasted from this video above:

Hey everyone! DaMarioMemer back with another AI Patch, this time for Cruz's DivineWolf styled Clark Still. Now after patching Infinite's Ralf, this Clark was a character that immediately took my interest. After looking at this kit for a bit and having someone give me the ENCOURAGEMENT to patch this Clark I decided to do it! To my surprise doesn't use the 1.0 mugenversion mode, so for that this patch has a setting in the configuration for Auto AI. Like Cruz's other works, Clark uses the DivineWolf system which uses Max Mode instead of Custom Combo. Clark has VERY good normals, decent but limited combos and high damage. Clark's main issue comes from closing the gap which makes sense as a grappler, his roll is very mediocre had a lot of endlag where Clark can be hit and his superjump while good, doesn't go too far. Despite his seemingly limited combos, I did my best to implement as much combo variety into the AI as possible despite his limited combo game with some being togglable in the configuration settings. Overall Clark was pretty fun to work on!

AI Patch: https://www.mediafire.com/file/waicoo0a6hbvznp/Cruz_Clark_AI.rar/file
Original Character: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jz7xhb1hs2j7x0d/Clark.rar/file

Configuration File included Settings include:
- Auto AI
- AI Level
- Parry Settings
- Rate of using Running Three/Running Pirate over Ultra Argentine Backbreaker during Combos
- Rate of using EX BackBreaker over Ultra Argentine Backbreaker during Reversals
- Rate of using Mount Tackle over Gatling After EX Back Breaker
- Rate of using Cark Lift after a successful Mount Tackle
- Rate of using Rolling Cradle after a successful Mount Tackle

Pros:
- Great Normals all around. Has a lot of good up close options with decent range. Crouching medium punch is a great poke that's very fast and has good range. His sweep and his overhead are actually very good neutral tools as both are special cancellable and lead into combos of their own while being moderately safe. Clark is also packed with Anti-Airs. Obvious stuff from his standing punches and crouching strong punch this his insane standing medium kick that covers a lot of range. Most of this also leads into combos. And his Aerial Attacks pretty much cover all the needed options which good landing tools and Anti-Airs.
- Good but limited combos. Clark has some decent combo options like his mount tackle which is a solid command grab that has quite a few options. His Shining Wizard which despite only working on crouching opponents, is still an equally good combo tool and can confirm into Running Three. Gatling Attack is only consistent on aerial opponents, however this can be combo'd into with his sweep and after an EX Backbreaker. And lastly backbreaker is sometimes just a decent combo mixup to throw out after a light due to it's quick range. Most of his specials have the Flashing Elbow follow-up which can confirm into all of his supers besides Running Three and Rolling Sphere, but those two do have their own combo setups.
- Reversal game is very solid. Medium and Light Backbreaker have a reversaldef that tanks an attack before the grab which works well, though if at really close ranges, Clark can use Frankensteiner which has iframes until the attack comes out but is slow and has low range. Overall decent meterless reversals. For EX Moves, EX BackBreaker uses the quick animation of Strong BackBeraker while having full invincibility until the hitbox comes out. For supers, the main two are the normal and max versions of Ultra Argentine Backbreaker, works similar to EX BackBreaker. Great reversal game overall that's only boosted with meter and Max Mode.
Cons:
- Can struggle to get in due to a few factors: A mediocre roll that has a lot of vulnerability near the end and doesn't even go that far, a relatively slow run and a super jump that doesn't get too much horizontal distance. This however makes sense for Clark's archetype being a grappler since of course getting in is going to be what he wants.

Homina Homina Homina