Share this topic:
Re: Tetsu 110%
#21  February 21, 2009, 04:15:42 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

I think you failed in concept :P

Tetsu Yatogi is a name XCB invented for that character (like all other creators did with the rest of Kakuge Yaro chars in MUGEN), his original name is Renshu. You can look how really Renshu is in Youtube, these're some non-MUGEN videos there...

And KONG already ripped all characters from Kakuge Yaro in his Mediafire account. You can look there.

People, stop raping "Tetsu" and make something original :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#22  February 21, 2009, 06:34:11 am
  • Head on!
    • kevinamlewis.wordpress.com
I think you failed in concept :P

Are you serious? If so, how did I fail? Feedback, please!

Tetsu Yatogi is a name XCB invented for that character (like all other creators did with the rest of Kakuge Yaro chars in MUGEN), his original name is Renshu. You can look how really Renshu is in Youtube, these're some non-MUGEN videos there...

I honestly didn't know. Renshu, huh? That's actually pretty fresh! ::)

People, stop raping "Tetsu" and make something original :P

Listen, I'm not trying to "drag the character around in the dirt"; I just want to work on a character that is fun to play with. I'm not a fighting game aficionado, I can't make original sprites, and I don't have infinite resources and large amounts of free time to go ripping stuff. However I do like to challenge myself, and I see this project as a challenge. I understand the community might be growing sick of shotoclones--really, I do, I've been there--but I already explained in my opening post that I intend to make this character play differently from the rest. That's why I'm having such a hard time coming up with a new move list. However, I'm not making any promises; I am still a noob at this and will need some time to figure things out.

If you can't have faith, then at least have patience.
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#23  February 22, 2009, 11:55:19 pm
  • Head on!
Well it looks like I now have to eat my own words. After several days conceptualizing, I've come up with nothing for Tetsu's movelist. A few ideas came here and there, but none proved suitable enough to this character. I'll have to learn how to edit sprites if I want to make him truly unique, so that's where I'm going next. Maybe I'll pick up this project again when that day comes.

You can test the latest edition here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tjmmgwatwmk/Tetsu110.rar

Look in the "Docs" directory to see the moves I had in mind. I guess that's all for now! My apologies to anyone who might've been interested.
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
Re: Renshu
#24  March 28, 2009, 03:18:39 am
  • Head on!
Back on the ball.

One day, I just went ahead and recreated Tetsu's (now Renshu's) .sff file. Before I knew it, this had happened:

MediaFire
Sendspace

Check the movelist, play around if you feel like, ignore him, whatever. I'm just trying to make someone fun to play with.

The variable system is pretty much complete; I've been able to string combos together through it flawlessly. I am having trouble implementing super armor, however (DISCLAIMER1: please play Shin Budokai to know where super armor is used, such as during Smash attacks, Aura Burst, etc.), and also in coming up with a proper attack/defense modifying system (DISCLAIMER2: PLAY IT); but all of that will be solved in due course. What I am really having trouble with is editing sprites. In a word, I suck at it. I also can't decide between the Shin Budokai guarding system and CvS'/PotS'. Any suggestions regarding those are welcome.

Don't expect too much from this character for now, cuz I'm just doing this to pass the time.