YesNoOk

Yoshimitsu UPDATE 6 12 2011 (Read 50171 times)

Started by LM_MAVERIK, November 06, 2011, 10:23:32 PM
Share this topic:
Yoshimitsu UPDATE 6 12 2011
#1  November 06, 2011, 10:23:32 PM
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/

go straight to practice mode before you use him in combat you will definately need to practice with him before you take on the world. When you become good you'll find hes quite the beast. Everything has been done strategically and for a purpose so if you will think a particular attack is useless eventually you'll see what they are for (a lot of them are chains to secret arts) or work in specific situations. if any one still isnt sure how to use a move to it's full potential let me know.

Tips
yoshimitsu uses (DF diagonals as commands too)
some secret arts require precision timing (manji regeneration)

whats to come
- refine animations as some are still place holders
- I will go over some sprites due to some minor geommetry issues
- more secret arts
- i will perfect the bounce system on the tsuka splitter 

UPDATED MOVELIST
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DOWNLOAD

NEW DOWNLOAD
http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=1A7UP4U0
------------------------
http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=0IWRFQVS

http://www.2shared.com/file/Bz0diw6H/yoshimitsu.html

Thanks
My team I.e.t. for testing and tiering
Laharl for ripping the voices
all the feedback givers
and Mr harada & namco/bandai for creating the best fighting game ever Tekken! ;P
Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:35:41 PM by DA_MAVERIK

GLB

Re: Yoshimitsu beta (No AI)
#2  November 06, 2011, 10:37:33 PM
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
This looks very interesting!

Thanks for sharing it with us.
#3  November 06, 2011, 10:40:04 PM
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
awesome finally your download link does not work however

file is temporarily unavailable

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#4  November 06, 2011, 10:43:10 PM
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
awesome finally your download link does not work however

file is temporarily unavailable

wtf? it should be back up in a sec, i thought 2shared was shit but megaupload seems equally as shit.
any how im uploading there as well..............
#5  November 06, 2011, 10:44:01 PM
  • I see you.
I personally use mediafire as long as you login to your account at least once a month your files never get taken down.

edit: files back up awesome downloading

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#6  November 06, 2011, 10:45:35 PM
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
#7  November 06, 2011, 10:47:13 PM
  • I see you.
yeah it went back up for a super short time i caught it in time but its back to being unavailable id use a different host if i were you so people don't have issues.

edit: its back up now it should be fine now

Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:52:33 PM by Laharl
#8  November 06, 2011, 10:54:02 PM
Can you put up a new link?  It's not available right now.  :'(
#9  November 06, 2011, 10:57:24 PM
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
#10  November 07, 2011, 12:58:58 AM
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
My head just exploded!! This is AWESOME!!

I will leave you some feedback very soon as my schedule is crazy.

EDIT!! Quick feedback after 5 minutes of playtime:

-Some infinite priorities on basic moves.

-Obvious missing things (Animations and whatnot) as he is a beta.

Although awesome, the Yoshimitsu nut in me is going to have a hard time adjusting to his Mugen adaption. This is merely nitpicking on my part. Aside from that, this is hands down a very good creation. You have his feel down perfectly and I love the direction you took. More playtime with him (and a controller) will only warant positive and constructive feedback. This is coming from a tournament good Soul Calibur 2 player (Back in the day, I was exceptionally good with Yoshimitsu).

Amazing job Maverick!! I really love this release!! This screams character of the month!!

All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:22:11 AM by Saikoro
#11  November 07, 2011, 02:21:08 AM
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@saikoro
thanks, you will definitely bring out his potential with a control pad. It will be hard to hit the diagonals otherwise.
cheers man, there are no infinite priorities. not unless its a move using his sword. I think i made sure of that.

also let me know how the fights go when you perfect him and give me a tier rating. ;)
Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:30:21 AM by DA_MAVERIK
#12  November 07, 2011, 03:01:30 AM
  • The Black Knight ALWAYS triumphs!!!
    • Brazil
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

FINALLY! It is released!!!!! (My favorite Tekken character too).

My fingers are starting to itch... *-*
Sorry about english errors. Really.
#13  November 07, 2011, 04:52:12 AM
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
awesome man, havnt tested it yet, but damn u make some killer Stages , so i know u chars are going to be killer as well
#14  November 07, 2011, 09:13:05 AM
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Missing required sprites, but I'm sure this will be fixed.
- Can crouch when running. Personal preference, but most fighting games don't allow that.
- His height seems low : he can jump over another Yoshimitsu at a very low height.
- Remove all the BAK files form the archive, for faster DLing.
- He slides a whole lot when landing from a non neutral jump. Feels clunky.
- No hitsparks, or are they shared with all chars in your fullgame ?
- Not a fan of the way you made the speed FX in c.XX, Moonsalt Slayer and the such. This is the kind of attack where I think you could use a separate FX with some transparency, to avoid colorloss.
- Double jump !?
- I don't like how far he can jump, even from stance. It's like he's flying.
- He can jump over a downed cornered opponent.
- Some CLSNs are OVER complicated, such as Solar kick. Some work is needed here.
- End of animation for poison breath could be slower, because the poison FX is out of synch at the end.
- reverse somersalt kick can pass through the opponent at close distance.
- You can pass through Yoshimitsu by walking through him when he gets up from lying down. May be done on purpose.
- retreat low slash could get some CLSNs but be vulnerable to throws.
- Press Forward near the opponent, then pres either Y, Z or C, and Yoshimitsu won't perform any attack.

Loving all the attacks you've included. There are a lot, but they don't look out of place. It's hard for me to remember the commands for them and all, but maybe it's because I'm not a Tekken player at all.
Missing some anims and overall polishing, but for a beta this is very impressive. :)
#15  November 07, 2011, 10:23:37 AM
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@cybaster

I answered these in no particular order...

-what required sprites are missing i was sure I included all of them care to point out the groups?
-the crouch when running thing is something i'll keep, it can be done in tekken too as sort of a wave dash or CD crouch dash
-jumping over a cornered opponent again is something ill keep, i do it all the time in tekken as part of tech traps and frame traps.
-double jump will go definitely i forgot to take it out.
-hitsparks will come eventually not too concerned about that right now
-are you referring to the blur on the moonsalt slayer? if so then I disagree,the blur adds exaggeration to the movements but i do plan on putting in slash effects to compliment the effect.
-lol yeh i did that for a reason too. You will see in my next update why yoshimitsu gets good air time on a jump but if you noticed too he also falls at a greater velocity then other characters.
-poison breath FX float was done on purpose, there is a secret move that follows after the attack called (poison ashura blades) when you spit the poison hangs in the air and you can execute the poison ashura blade move straight after as a tech-trap so its a extended combo and a guard breaker.
-passing through when he gets up , yeah hes missings collisions for that
-reverse somersalt ill fix that
-forward, y, c, z........well spotted.

thanks for the feedback yeh there are a lot of moves to remember but trust me with practice its nothing. I still have a few more to give him as well.
and thanks :D
Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:35:24 AM by DA_MAVERIK
#16  November 07, 2011, 02:22:53 PM
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
-what required sprites are missing i was sure I included all of them care to point out the groups?
Just go in debug mode (ctrl+D), and you'll see which ones are missing.

-are you referring to the blur on the moonsalt slayer? if so then I disagree,the blur adds exaggeration to the movements but i do plan on putting in slash effects to compliment the effect.
Yeah, I'm talking about the blur, and I know why it's there. But I don't like the way you made the blur embed with the main char sprites. You could separate the blur FX from Yoshimitsu, allowing you to use gradients, transparency, and get overall much nicer results, such as CVS Hayato's sword attacks by Warusaki3, if you see what I mean.
#17  November 07, 2011, 02:33:54 PM
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Interesting point on the blur Cybaster. I'm assuming Maverick went with that look as he was emulating Tekken 6's motion blur. But you are correct. Coding that blur into specific movements would save a ton of time and it would simply be a sweeter looking deal, even moreso than it already is.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#18  November 07, 2011, 07:00:41 PM
    • Mexico
i supposed that this the Tekken version, i guessed that be the Soul Calibur version
#19  November 07, 2011, 07:02:55 PM

Does this download work for regular mugen?
#20  November 07, 2011, 09:16:47 PM
  • Just a regular goon
Probably wrong place to ask but...in your sig there is the Yoshimitsu beta picture and Armour King. Have you released the Armour King yet or is it on hold?

Also I'm nerding out over Yoshimitsu
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)