YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat X / XL (Read 1168082 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 01, 2014, 08:19:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat X (Last update on 02.26.15)
#2041  April 24, 2015, 04:34:30 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i was online and whenever i press b during a match it tells me to quit the game, it's quite an annoying bug. This game needs to get updated just so a bug like that won't happen again
Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:56:35 pm by drewski90
#2042  April 24, 2015, 07:11:37 pm
    • Brazil
We may all dislike the fact that the alive versions of Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana were fake from the start, but we're forgetting one thing: remember what happened with the last character that was just an undead? Yeah, Zombie Liu Kang, it sucked, completely, a poor excuse for adding a zombie in the game because of their popularity, instead of reviving Liu Kang like happened to pretty much all the rest of the cast.

In MKX, the alive versions of the characters are pure fanservice, they knew we hate Zombie Liu Kang, and while we would probably hate less if they were just boring revenants, we would still want their normal appearence. Also... if even Scorpion, who was always a revenant got his human form, it would be REALLY unfair if the characters that made their debut alive didn't have theirs too.

Regarding Cassie VS Shinnok, well... the game should have at least explained what the fuck is that aura that protected Johnny and her. If it was actually their power, and powerful enough to resist a god, then it shouldn't simply appear out of nowhere. Also, I'm glad they finally started working on the characters' personalities, Cassie is awesome, in MK9 most of them didn't have really good ones, Kenshi actually surprised me being more humorous instead of the usual blind serious lonely samurai stereotype.

Somethings still bother me, though:

- Where the fuck is Jade, why isn't she with the other revenants? All others were there, even if only in cutscenes, but she was not.
- Why didn't Tremor even make a cameo?
- Will Baraka and Sindel be in the next Kombat Pack with Rain (the latter is quite obvious)? Or will they add cutscene-only characters, like Fujin, Sareena, Frost and Li Mei?
- What will happen to Mileena's rebellion now she is dead? Will Rain take it over?
- Who restored Goro's arms?
- Who exactly is Erron Black? Considering his intro quotes, he appears to be a little more than "just a mercenary".
- What happened to Reiko and Havik?
- Rain was melted in the comics, how is he alive in the game?
- Is Corrupted Shinnok playable?
#2043  April 24, 2015, 07:19:35 pm
    • USA
The comic is still running, I'm sure many of the questions will be answered there. Goro is not even in this game's story mode so meh.

EDIT: I managed to unlock the mobile costumes by just editing a .ini file because PC bish!

Because fuck emulating that shitty mobile game. It's sooooooooo boring!
Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:25:22 pm by -Red-
#2044  April 24, 2015, 07:28:56 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I actually kinda liked Scorpion's Injustice outfit.

Glad it can now actually get bloodied and torn to shreds because hey why not
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#2045  April 24, 2015, 07:55:20 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!

SNT

#2046  April 24, 2015, 08:05:59 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
It's up to 16 now. 17 comes out in a couple of days.
#2047  April 24, 2015, 08:38:21 pm
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
The comics get released every Sunday, the last one explained why Sub-Zero is no longer a Cyber Ninja, the comic does answer a pretty fair amount of questions, but my gripes with the story still exist. Kotal Kahn is fucking cool as shit in the comic, but then is made to look like a bitch in the game.
#2048  April 24, 2015, 11:49:22 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Yes, I know...I just can't find them D: !!
I swear there was something cool here!!

SNT

#2049  April 25, 2015, 01:39:48 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
They're like a buck each on iTunes...
#2050  April 25, 2015, 02:17:47 am
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
I've read every issue of the comics, and I do not recall Rain getting melted and even if he did, the dude is pretty much water, melting would induce him to a liquid which he can easily regenerate out of.

Cassie was a fucking dissapointment in my opinion, like I said before. I don't hate the character, but her having the final battle against OP Shinnok doesn't make sense. In MK9 Shao Kahn was hard to beat with Raiden (A FUCKING GOD), and I had to use cheap tactics to beat him. But I took out Corrupted Shinnok in like three attempts fighting normally. Cassie is not powerful enough to beat a former elder god (imo), especially not an overpowered one. She got shrekt easily by Subs & the Lin Kuei. Continuity is a bit fucked in the MK-Verse. Like I  stated before I would've rather seen Takeda take out Shinnok, at least it's more believable, he's the son of a master swordsman/telekinetic, and was trained by Scorpion, c'mon can you have a cooler back story? Takeda was an all around enjoyable character minus the whole love story bullshit with Jax's daughter.

Something else... does Ermac's arcade ending confirm that Shang Tsung is not completely dead? In a fight intro with Kenshi, Kenshi tells Ermac "One of your souls is fighting for dominance". Interesting shit.

Also, in Quan Chi's MK9 ending he kills Shinnok, obviously that's not canon or else the events of MKX would've never happened. In Kenshi's MKX ending he kills Daegon, this is mosy likely not canon like Quan Chi's ending, anybody think we'll see Daegon as the next main villain in the next MK game?

ONE FINAL THING... I'm still pretty pissed about Cassie's arcade ending totally shitting all over Shujinko, I don't usually take arcade endings as canonical, but I mean her ending pretty much happens right after the events of the main story mode, so it's really give or take I guess, fuck it.
#2051  April 25, 2015, 02:45:59 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
to me it's all proving a point about Armageddon..no matter what everything will still end up the same. Armageddon will still happen..just a tad bit differently. Raiden fucked shit up BUT I like this timeline because I hate Quan Chi and he got what was coming to him. He literally got his ass handed to him for all the bullshit he did...Sonya kicked his ass, Jax kicked his ass and Scorpion finally ended his ass. It was SOOOO satisfying that that asshole got the death he deserved. It was also nice to see Subby and Scorpion actually getting along for a change. It would've been even cooler to see their respective clans working together for a change.
#2052  April 25, 2015, 03:45:47 am
    • Brazil
I've read every issue of the comics, and I do not recall Rain getting melted and even if he did, the dude is pretty much water, melting would induce him to a liquid which he can easily regenerate out of.

I know he wouldn't technically die (I even defended that in this topic), but how did he recover?

Cassie was a fucking dissapointment in my opinion, like I said before. I don't hate the character, but her having the final battle against OP Shinnok doesn't make sense. In MK9 Shao Kahn was hard to beat with Raiden (A FUCKING GOD), and I had to use cheap tactics to beat him. But I took out Corrupted Shinnok in like three attempts fighting normally. Cassie is not powerful enough to beat a former elder god (imo), especially not an overpowered one. She got shrekt easily by Subs & the Lin Kuei. Continuity is a bit fucked in the MK-Verse. Like I  stated before I would've rather seen Takeda take out Shinnok, at least it's more believable, he's the son of a master swordsman/telekinetic, and was trained by Scorpion, c'mon can you have a cooler back story? Takeda was an all around enjoyable character minus the whole love story bullshit with Jax's daughter.
I don't think it actually matters the difficulty between MK9 Kahn and Corrupted Shinnok, as game difficulty is not really part of the canon. Also, Liu Kang beat Shao Kahn, while Raiden needed the Elder Gods to beat him, that is proof enough that earthrealmers are strong enough to beat some of them, that considering Johnny, Cassie, Sub-Zero, and a very decent number of the cast.

Something else... does Ermac's arcade ending confirm that Shang Tsung is not completely dead? In a fight intro with Kenshi, Kenshi tells Ermac "One of your souls is fighting for dominance". Interesting shit.
Well, Jade's ending in MK9 could tie to her abscense in MKX. Maybe Shang Tsung is actually alive, we never know. But the soul fighting for dominance in Ermac is Kitana's father, it was shown in his MK9 ending that it was the strongest one, unless, of course, that is not canon.

Also, in Quan Chi's MK9 ending he kills Shinnok, obviously that's not canon or else the events of MKX would've never happened. In Kenshi's MKX ending he kills Daegon, this is mosy likely not canon like Quan Chi's ending, anybody think we'll see Daegon as the next main villain in the next MK game?
Maybe him and Taven will play a decent part, but I think the next main villains are Liu Kang and Kitana, as they appeared in the epilogue, and maybe Raiden too. It happened to Shinnok.

to me it's all proving a point about Armageddon..no matter what everything will still end up the same. Armageddon will still happen..just a tad bit differently. Raiden fucked shit up BUT I like this timeline because I hate Quan Chi and he got what was coming to him. He literally got his ass handed to him for all the bullshit he did...Sonya kicked his ass, Jax kicked his ass and Scorpion finally ended his ass. It was SOOOO satisfying that that asshole got the death he deserved. It was also nice to see Subby and Scorpion actually getting along for a change. It would've been even cooler to see their respective clans working together for a change.
Hopefully this will not happen. It would be a very bad decision from Netherrealm to just repeat that shit all over. Also... Sonya did not kick Quan Chi's ass, she kicked his dick.
#2053  April 25, 2015, 05:02:12 am
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
I got it!

That explains Rain becoming bald in the game.
#2054  April 25, 2015, 06:15:35 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I only say what I said because it seems like things are heading in the Armageddon direction. Bi-Han still becomes Noob-Saibot, Raiden still goes Dark, beyond mention of Taven, Daegon, and Rain as well. same universe and no matter what the Kombat will never end unless the realms end. The main differences I see are no dragon king due to no team up via Quan-chi/Shang Tsung as both are supposedly dead. However it depends on what endings ARE canon in the game.
#2055  April 25, 2015, 06:31:59 am
    • USA
None of the arcade mode endings in MK9 ended up being canon. What makes you guys think that it is going to be different this time?
#2056  April 25, 2015, 06:37:27 am
    • Brazil
None of the arcade mode endings in MK9 ended up being canon. What makes you guys think that it is going to be different this time?
Jade's MK9 still has a chance of being canon (partially, at least), as she is the only revenant to not appear in MKX. At least, that is the reason for me.
#2057  April 25, 2015, 09:01:59 am
    • USA
Almost ANY ending from both MK9 and MKX still has a chance to happen if you put enough thought behind it.
#2058  April 25, 2015, 09:08:11 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
the only shitter is that in Mortal Kombat..no one is ever truly dead. they may end up skipping a game but they'll come back somehow. Besides if Quan Chi can bring people back who's to say he didn't prepare himself a new body for himself before Scorpion beheaded him? Every character has a chance at new life. Hell if the fans demanded it enough I'm sure the Dragon King AND Shujinko would make an appearance in an upcoming MK title.
#2059  April 26, 2015, 07:40:05 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Personally I think that the armageddon will occur again, with all fighters but that not mean that will finish equal like mortal kombat 9, even I think that Raiden can win and appear a new bad guy and another plot can occur.
Anyway the next mortal kombat is very probably that appear the dragon king and maybe Shujinko, my question could be if some events occur again Raiden will see the future and will try to changing like mortal kombat 9?
Open to commisions or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#2060  April 26, 2015, 02:11:19 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Armageddon occured because Kahn beat Blaze,and then killed every other kombatant and just destroyed everything and became the ultimate asshole of an emperor.
The Battle of Armageddon WILL happen again,and theres no way Raiden can change that,as the creation of Blaze and the "lets shove our kids in the rock" event happened waaay before he got his vision.
Its just that probably this time it will be either Taven or someone else who gets the winning punch and knocks out Blaze.
Hopefully not Taven as him kicking Blaze down did jackshit nothing in Konquest.
I don't think Daegon will beat Blaze as Daegon is
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty