YesNoOk

Clsn standards that ought to be followed. (Read 15720 times)

Started by EvilSlayerX, June 06, 2008, 11:46:04 pm
Share this topic:
Clsn standards that ought to be followed.
#1  June 06, 2008, 11:46:04 pm
Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 01:14:59 am by Cyanide
Re: Holy Ryu Hoshi
#2  June 06, 2008, 11:51:47 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Too many CLSN cause lag, i suggest reading K.O.D's CLSN tut.
http://kod.sitesled.com/K.O.D%27s%20Basic%20CLSN%20Tutorial.html

Heh heh, personally, people should be allowed to use more than what you and the rest of the elites here say for fact is right. 

The too many CLSN rule is quite stupid, and whats even more dumb is that far too many people follow it!

He's free to use it that way if he wants, there is no rule.
But, it's pointless to have 8 CLSN when only 3 are needed.

Also "Too many CLSN cause lag"
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:55:13 pm by Gun Form
#3  June 06, 2008, 11:55:51 pm
More CLSN's that are correctly placed means better hit accuracy(As in said attacks from the foe will actually hit the character instead of simply thin air.), which is probably what Ryon is aiming for.

More CLSN's cause lag?  Never seen that happen myself actually, but yet all of you Mugen elites preach it to basically no end, and such pisses me off.
#4  June 07, 2008, 12:00:49 am
  • "The Future is Now"
for a character that is nothing like its original incarnation. i figured i might as well made something accurate.
#5  June 07, 2008, 12:06:49 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
More CLSN's that are correctly placed means better hit accuracy(As in said attacks from the foe will actually hit the character instead of simply thin air.), which is probably what Ryon is aiming for.
1 CLSN can cover that Hadouken, and it would have the same(probably better) hit accuracy as 5. --;
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#6  June 07, 2008, 12:20:40 am
  • King of Sona
then tell me why 3 collisions on the legs is okay ?
it's not like you could attack him between the legs
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:
#7  June 07, 2008, 12:21:54 am
I simply think some of you overblow this CLSN issue way out of proportion.
#8  June 07, 2008, 12:37:52 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#9  June 07, 2008, 12:49:09 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Sigh.

Here, lets quote elecbytes definitive word on the creation of clsn boxes shall we?

Don't be too detailed with your collision boxes. The point is not to make a pixel-accurate representation of the character, but to make one that is game-friendly. For example, boxes for your character on the ground should have Clsn2 boxes that span the space between both legs. In this case, too much detail is actually undesirable.

Here is a picture of a one that is too detailed. You want to avoid this

This next one has a better set. Not only does it take less effort to create, but it better approximates the movement of the character over time. Also, there is less chance that a Clsn1 box from an attack would slip through a gap.

Ok, so you didn't use the autclsn creator or FF. It bloody looks like it though.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#10  June 07, 2008, 12:59:35 am
Elecbyte's rules aren't law, even though quite a few of you might think they are.
#11  June 07, 2008, 01:08:10 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Maybe not but MOST of the time they're bloody sensible. This is one of them.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Clsn standards that ought to be followed.
#12  June 07, 2008, 01:23:45 am
  • "The Future is Now"
i've seen those pictures ages ago Cyan.

and you know what? some characters DO attack other characters from below, for instances Buu from Hyper Dimension, he has an attack where he puts his leg in the ground and it appears below the characters feet.

now if i had 1 solid clsn box he would hit bit, but if i had a more precise one, he wouldnt hit me, which would be more accurate to real life, than to hit me between the legs, MISS, and it still count.

and honestly now. some people make characters with a BUNCH of CLSN boxes, i only have like ... maybe 10 maxed for detailed moves. but for others max at 4 clsn2, and like 4 clsn1.

also the hadouken is high res, so i couldnt really do the clsn boxes to well since it was all guessing.
#13  June 07, 2008, 01:25:37 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I think it's worth pointing out this isn't really an argument because Cyanide's points are proven in every single fighting game you can check.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#14  June 07, 2008, 01:26:32 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I think Cyanide is bored.

Also, the clsns aproxiamte the movement over time, that being the keyword here, the sprites are not an accurate representation of movement.
#15  June 07, 2008, 01:34:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Just trying to prove a point.

Possibly a wee bit bored as well.

#16  June 07, 2008, 01:43:14 am
i've seen those pictures ages ago Cyan.

and you know what? some characters DO attack other characters from below, for instances Buu from Hyper Dimension, he has an attack where he puts his leg in the ground and it appears below the characters feet.

now if i had 1 solid clsn box he would hit bit, but if i had a more precise one, he wouldnt hit me, which would be more accurate to real life, than to hit me between the legs, MISS, and it still count.

and honestly now. some people make characters with a BUNCH of CLSN boxes, i only have like ... maybe 10 maxed for detailed moves. but for others max at 4 clsn2, and like 4 clsn1.

also the hadouken is high res, so i couldnt really do the clsn boxes to well since it was all guessing.

Heh, same here really, I don't really care much about it, despite the fact that people would not like what I do at all.  It doesn't really even help you get more publicity at all either.

Hitting thin air and still having it register as a hit is quite silly actually.

I used to do this actually.  I changed to the normal CLSN's, and guess what?  Not many more people liked the character.  And also, who even likes playing as my characters, I mean that in itself is a rarity, so I don't see why I should be concerned with CLSN's if only a few people even download it in the first place?

What pisses me off, is that people think that if a creation doesn't follow a certain set of Elecbyte's rules, it automatically sucks.

Oh, and hopefully, people won't listen to such a point, Cyanide.

And so what if it's true in fighting games, it really doesn't need to be true in Mugen at all.
#17  June 07, 2008, 01:49:00 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Now I have the last word.
#18  June 07, 2008, 01:52:35 am
#19  June 07, 2008, 01:53:34 am
  • King of Sona
nobody said it automatically sucks
you can fit as many boxes on your sprites as you want
it's just a fact that it slows down, thus playing with him becomes less enjoyable, thus maybe the reason your char is played as a rarity.

[E] is right though. the boxes are for the animation itself like a swing of a sword
not a single sprite, therefore it's also logical to make the boxes bigger
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:
#20  June 07, 2008, 01:54:59 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/

I think I'm getting dumber. :(
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.