Posted by RagingRowen in Hoshikuro/Evil Dan - Current Ver: 4.2c Beta (Started by Nocturnis July 03, 2022, 10:41:04 PM
Board: Your Releases, 1.0+
Board: Your Releases, 1.0+
1. I'm still messing about with rapid lights, actually. Not happy with them just yet, but I will keep playing with timing on them.
2-3. Not all cancels haven't been implemented yet, sorry about that. But, I agree - they need to be there.
4-5b. I agree his launcher still needs work, especially with the problematic infinites. Right now, yes, I'm relying on Juggle count to cancel him out of that. It's just a bandaid for now. I don't like the way it easily triggers by mistake instead of a gadouken/koryuken/etc. I'm not terribly familiar with PotS's code, but any mores suggestions on how to fix it are more than welcome.
5c. Yep. Superjump kinda sucks right now. lol. I think you're right about the timing here.
6a-c. What else do you think I should do to help with the Gadouken aside from the flash variant knockdown (I like that idea btw). It's been a strange journey with that move.
7. Oops. I'll fix that.
8. I like the idea - what do you think I should do to the third string to make it stand out? I want to avoid flames if at all possible.
9. I really want to add this as well, but I'm uncertain how I want to approach it. I was toying with the idea of taunt variants via directional input - each with different hit properties like a knockup or pull-in effect. What do you think?
10. I'm open to ideas on an air fireball. It was difficult for me to come up with something Dan-like, as his Gadouken typically fizzles out. Maybe a gadouken that propels him backward and up into the air?
11. Not going to lie... I'm burnt out on sprite editing right now. I thought the same thing. I just don't want to tackle it right now.
12. If I'm understanding correctly - do you mean to have Dan do sort of spinning Dan Kuu's into a Koryuken?
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!
6. I supposed instead of making it invincible it could simply get a lil' extra distance. To make each special flash variant unique, I could suggest giving Koryuhiji the ability to ground bounce on the 2nd hit replacing invincibility.
8. I wouldn't suggest anything special. Dan never did 3 DP's in a row in source games anyways so it would be nice to see him gain one for a change.
9. Seems like a fair idea to me.
On the subject of Taunts, I'm surprised he lacks a Chouhatsu Densetsu. Perhaps with it he could be Asura Warping instead of Rolling.
10. Well in my head the fizzing out is all I really had in mind, nut perhaps for the flash variant he can throw 2, Shin style!
12. Not really, just the original animation with added movement to each attack so it could have better range.