Posted by Fausto Mugen in SNES Manuals scans (Started by Fausto Mugen October 30, 2020, 04:12:07 PM
Board: Resource Releases
Board: Resource Releases
There are two conditions that need to be met for the round to officially end:
- The KO'ed player needs to be in state 5150 (either in their own states or a custom state for the character that serves as the stage mechanics).
- The character that serves as the stage mechanics needs to be put back in state 0 with control enabled.
The round should then end as normal.
Oh? so its fullgame now, this should get interesting, I wonder how the companion cube and turrets are gonna work. (If you do plan to add em.)
Interesting. I'd love to see where all this is going.
I see someone's a fan of my bonus stages.
This is POTS style not CvS2
-There's no super jump sound effect when the opponent is caught by Rolling Izuna Drop.
-There's no heavy kick swing sound on is crouching heavy kick and Splendid Claw (The sliding effect can be heard, but no swing sound itself).
-The custom combo effect when performed in the air is misaligned.
There is just one thing I found. When you try to use Splendid Claw using LP+LK, he does the roll instead (this is because the dodge and roll are above Splendid Claw in the CMD), in this case I'd put Splendid Claw above them.
Who provided the finished AI? I know you asked if someone could do it.
2. The EX Scarlet Terror doesn't feel much different from the normal version, an easy suggestion would be making it do a 3 hits as opposed to 2.
3. Splendid Claw feels kinda cheap when you have to block low. Unless that was a source thing (Don't feel like checking SF4 at the moment).
4. May I suggest adding the ~DB, $D, F, UF shortcut for his ~DB, DF, DB, UF Supers? Jmorphman's Guile does that and his Chun-Li used to before he added the Explodsive Buffering.
5. There was one point when I Air Parried when I was testing that AI and his Claw and Mask (The latter I'm not sure about because it was brief) were very misaligned, couldn't replicate it though.
Just passing by to say that this Vega mostly uses accurate velocities to CvS, however, these are actually normal velocities instead of turbo veloticies, which makes the character feel slow. Fausto, default CvS2 is played on 3 star turbo which means everything is speed up to *1.25. You need to manually speed up velocities in MUGEN. This means that frame data is divided by /1.25 and velocities are multiplied *1.25. Also, since frames are cut *1.25, acceleration is actually *1.25*1.25.
This means that something like the walk.fwd constant changes like this:
4.125 -> 4.125*1.25 = 5.15625
and jump.neu velocity changes like this:
-12.125 -> -12.125*1.25 = -15.15625
and ofc since we have to change yAccel
0.65625 -> 0.65625*1.25*1.25 = 1.025390625
Changing these two values make the WORLD of a difference as you can see here:
This Vega is super solid and I congratulate you for that so if you find any of this confusing or you don't have the time to fix this I'm more than open to help you out going over the character and making the proper adjustments necessary to match CvS2 play. If you don't want anything to do with me and you want to do things by yourself, just remember: is not just multiplying everything up to *1.25, acceleration (repeated VelAdds essentially) goes *1.25*1.25 and the framecount NEEDS to be divided /1.25 on startup-active-recovery too.
Another thing this character could benefit a lot from is a buffering system. I've never implemented a buffering system but I would be willing to try :]
I'm not the biggest Vega fan, but I'd like to commend you on a job well done. Reading your profile text, I very much respect that. Rolling up your sleeves and putting in work. Especially with a not beginner friendly char like Vega. Where you had to deal with all the no claw/no mask/mask/claw various variants. Not to mention adding in the gate climbing shenanigans.
I just want to note: When looking over your showcase vid, you seem to be using the old Max Mode depletion I used to use, where it drains half the bar/time per EX move. I've since raised the efficiency to 1/3 instead of 1/2. It's an easy enough tweak. Just go to all the Max Mode drain coding, and change the -500 value to -335.Code:[State ####, MAX Timer Drain]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = !Time
trigger1 = var(20) > 0
var(20) = -335 ;<--- This value here
Ok, got to test it and I have a couple more splices of feedback:
1. The Rose FX for Red Impact could be bigger, around the size of the Rose in SvC Chaos.
2. Splendid Claw's Slide should be a little slower.
3. I'd suggest a Slide sound like PotS' or Froz's Bison/Vega for C.HK and Splendid Claw.
4. His (Air) Cresent Line and could do with a Slam sound like that of most PotS chars (Jmorphman's Guile is a fair example).
i fail on a try to make a sfv
anyway seems cool on some parts