Posted by tiranojor in Aoi Kusanagi MUGEN CHAR (Started by Blue_blood December 25, 2020, 10:50:33 PM
Board: Your Releases, 1.0+
Board: Your Releases, 1.0+
Welcome to the forum bruh!
I remember when you show this game in Mugen Imperio Latino. Very glad that you use my 1.0 edit of the KOF '94 screenpack for the game.
One of my problems with this is how the stages are edited to have cameos in it. It's a very common mistake that a lot of people tend to mess up with, because the common reasoning for it is just "paste the character sprite in there and it'll look good". It doesn't, it stands out like an overdetailed eyesore and doesn't blends with the stage at all. Even KOF 2002 UM had a few reused fighter/striker sprites from previous games, and yet they were still edited to blend in with the rest of the level and not have as much detail, due to their distance:
Here's Duke Edwards, for a sample. You can easily tell it was taken from his striker animation from KOF 2000, yet he wasn't just copy and pasted in. They actually bothered to make him not as detailed, and desaturated him a bit due to his distance (and darkened him a bit, since he's inside that tent), which is common knowledge in perspective, when it comes to art. So yeah, if anything, avoid from just copy and pasting characters, and try to make them blend with the stage.
- bosses recover life during battle and their supers give back power (... what the actual FUCK?!)
- drunk guy's super (i don't remember nor will i botehr to look up his name) explosion super also gives back power
- chang has a messes up palette
- terry flew of the stage at one point and came back some time later
- why didn't you used matching small avatars in the select screen
- for whatever reason ralf is the only one who does not have his default palette on his select screen big portrait
- projectile spamming
- this game reminded me how much i hate the china team
- the original stages are pretty meh
- you can see the top of the random select icon below. in that case it should be either in the select screen or hidden a bit lower
- no move list
- game is moleboxed. probabbly to prevent people from taking stuff without permission and making their own games amirite?
- why not use visuals from the kof94 HD version? (i'll assume a response like "it's for a nostalgic feeling" rather than "no one has ripped it yet so ti was easier to edit what was available")
overall is a pretty bland compilation. yuo say some changes have been made but they were nothing i noticed other than the DM's etc (are those even still popular, heck kofxi came out 11 years ago... damn i'm old!). the most fun i had was form using and fighting characters i already had in my mugen (like, that was totally ironmugen's kim, right? i recognize that annoying ai also, iron's yuri "sabisu sabisu~").
so might as well just download the un-edited characters and have fun with them instead