YesNoOk

1.1 P4A Yu Narukami Release (Read 130649 times)

Started by Magatsu Izanagi, July 08, 2013, 08:52:44 PM
Share this topic:
1.1 P4A Yu Narukami Release
#1  July 08, 2013, 08:52:44 PM
    • Argentina
    • santiago.pacheco@outlook.com.ar
After seeing so few P4A chars and that the only 2 chars are from SXVector, i decided to learn how to make a mugen char and make the roster bigger. After a month of work here is the result:

Peview:

I uploaded 2 Version of Yu:

-The "Light" Version doesn't have the Instant Kill.

-The "Normal" Version come with the Instant Kill but come with and important file size too.

Download Links:

-Light Version (No Instant Kill): https://mega.co.nz/#!yM9AkTpD!Jtw8aiql_PIqR9MSlp53CiCUatsvmWSiKo3Y6_4M_OA

-Normal Version:
-Link 1: https://mega.co.nz/#!jMlwUS6a!LRPsHgGVB5LW7OS6UNqLEHejtzZiKSysyNgpvTO0ywM
-Link2: https://mega.co.nz/#!6Ack0DSa!Rv-KUHdmhlunn0cPRLNakUD-tx9XuQCd1QSz2UfQHh8
-Link3: https://mega.co.nz/#!KY0THbxK!TIj-fEcM4oAgKMo_-j-Uomn563Y3iK2nTh68FvvetkE

Mirror:

Light Version (No Instant Kill): http://www.mediafire.com/download/jto1hjfpsucxuej/Yu_Light_Version.rar

-Normal Version:
-Link 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r98dynldz54gfd3/Yu.part1.rar
-Link2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/avtmie8ga7xwnd2/Yu.part2.rar
-Link3: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h3zhh0xucmop3g/Yu.part3.rar

I want to thanks SXVector for letting me use his chars as template and Ryon for his tutorials.

PD: Tested only in Mugen 1.1, don't know if it works in other version of Mugen. I'll really appreciate feedback.
Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:41:37 PM by Magatsu Izanagi
Re: 1.1 P4A Yu Narukami Release
#2  July 08, 2013, 09:08:35 PM
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
mugen 1.1 kusssssoooooo ! ( ToT) but greaaat work
I wanted to know if it was possible to pass it in 1.0
ourselves????? (sorry my english is bad)
#3  July 08, 2013, 09:46:54 PM
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Doesn't he look kind of huge in the screenshots? Is that his normal size?

For what I can already see in that screenshot, Zyodine appears way too high, and it's smaller than in the game, I think.
#4  July 08, 2013, 09:55:25 PM
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
You should really lower the scale on him. He's too big.

Nanashi, Zio is ok, the problem is that he's using the native resolution size Yu has. The size should be dropped to a 35 or 40% (of the character in general).
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#5  July 08, 2013, 10:18:56 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Will test!

(I haven't played the game though, so I won't know for accuracy)
#6  July 08, 2013, 10:22:14 PM
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Nanashi, Zio is ok, the problem is that he's using the native resolution size Yu has. The size should be dropped to a 35 or 40% (of the character in general).

I said Zyodine. Ziodyne is that super which makes him use that huge thunder-laser attack. If you look at the screenshot, it's clearly placed too high and is too small.
#7  July 08, 2013, 11:58:11 PM
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas

I said Zyodine. Ziodyne is that super which makes him use that huge thunder-laser attack. If you look at the screenshot, it's clearly placed too high and is too small.

Wrong pic to look.

You're right, though my point on either re-size or localcoord stands.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#8  July 09, 2013, 01:01:34 AM
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew
If I'm using him in 1.0, what should I set the localcoords to be?
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#9  July 09, 2013, 01:44:20 AM
Thank You man!!!! Works fine in 1.1 and 1.0
Blz Brother...
#10  July 09, 2013, 02:36:01 AM
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
Thank You man!!!! Works fine in 1.1 and 1.0

it doesn't work in 1.0 ( -__-)

if you have proof that it works in 1.0
I want to know
how you did (sorry my english is bad)
#11  July 09, 2013, 03:18:04 AM
    • Argentina
#12  July 09, 2013, 03:41:32 AM
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
    His auto combo is incredibly messed up.  It doesn't even function remotely like it's supposed to, and he can get stuck in the third part forever. 
    All of his stuff is so fast and so safe, especially 5B and Raging Lion, even more so Big Gamble
    Big Gamble does not take off life as a cost
    All of his hitdefs are completely wrong.  For instance, 2C has them recover before Yu and Izanagi do
    AOA is way too fast, and the follow ups to it function nothing like they do in P4A.  Where's the smoke cloud anyway?
    j.5D is wrong.  Yu is supposed to land while Izanagi stays in the air for a bit
    2B is not supposed to be a launcher, it's an anti air
    Throw is completely wrong
    Ziodyne is WAY too fucking fast, and its hitdef is wrong as it creates a bounce when it should nail them against the wall
    Zio slide is way too fast and way too safe
    No EX moves?
    Awakening portrait is bad quality, you should have used the one from P4A
    Certain normals are supposed to be jump cancellable, but aren't

I didn't check things like his fatal counter combos and such because everything on a basic level is fundamentally incorrect.  I'm gonna be honest here, it seems like you just looked at the sprites and guessed how he's supposed to play.  If you own P4A you should sit down, spend some serious time with it and keep Dustloop open.  This needs a lot of work.
#13  July 09, 2013, 06:37:49 AM
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
^ As MC2 has mentioned, the timing for the moves are a bit iffy. Try to test the game and manually decide the time slowly for each move. Play the animation (in air at a looping stance) and recheck the moves for each move. For supers you can play with triggers to make the ziodyne work properly as it should. Auto combo should have easy timings for it. Certain combos should be comboable.
You could enlarge the sprites for the instant kill as it doesn't cover the whole screen.
Awakening port (use the one in the sprite file and just apply the default palette!)
Throw takes some time, try to use targetbind a lot and use hitdef for a hit when it needs it.

Persona animations and move should be slower. His dive kick really needs work, use a velset instead of a posset to do this easily. Make a landing state as he reach ground and make it pos y = 0 for posset to prevent zoffset errors.

That's it for now, and if you want me to test. I could always test. At least you're trying, so try your best and make it better!
#14  July 09, 2013, 07:54:11 AM
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
    Ziodyne is WAY too fucking fast, and its hitdef is wrong as it creates a bounce when it should nail them against the wall

Like Instant fast? C version of Ziodyne came out pretty fast.

Does Cross Slash do the ridiculous amount of damage as in source? Cause that's one thing I would like to see nerfed.
#15  July 09, 2013, 07:55:51 AM
    • USA
Yes it's instant.  I don't even think he has cross slash, I couldn't get it to come out.
#16  July 09, 2013, 03:06:17 PM
    • Argentina
Thanks for the feedback. I don't own the game neither a console, my references are dustloop wiki and youtube videos and i took the time from the videos, so i thought the times were fine. Well i'll work on fixing him and he have cross slash but is awakening only.
#17  July 09, 2013, 09:38:15 PM
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
#18  July 09, 2013, 09:41:03 PM
    • USA
Also if you are using Mugen 1.1, you should probably do something about that super background because right now it's very lossy.  Dustloop's wiki also has complete listings of accurate frames for every move so that will help you a lot.
#19  July 16, 2013, 09:38:30 PM
#20  July 17, 2013, 03:35:54 AM
    • Argentina
Ok i just updated him and fixed a lot of things (moves time, 5AAAAA combo, specials, super specials and more). Still not sure about some things like All Out Attack, Raging Lion, Dive Kick and combos. So if you notice that something is not right just post it and i'll fix it. The link is in the main post, only updated the version with no Instant Kill atm.