YesNoOk

A guy is making a functional Mugen clone in Unity (Read 162701 times)

Started by Foobs, December 29, 2022, 07:48:55 pm
Share this topic:
A guy is making a functional Mugen clone in Unity
#1  December 29, 2022, 07:48:55 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Re: A guy is making a functional Mugen clone in Unity
#2  December 30, 2022, 04:40:49 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
I'm stupid so let me make a question, unity is used to make games, right ?
so is a mugen game which is possible to make 2.5d chars (like guilty gear)?
Even if is possible to make 2.5d I think will very difficult to find animators when a char make a climax move
is coming a full game finally ? as I can remember unity is an engine to game makers to make game
finally my dreams come true
Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 04:45:08 am by kamui 2.0
#3  January 01, 2023, 12:18:13 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
The project looks really promising:
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4  January 01, 2023, 01:10:26 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

From a Bomberman clone to taking Mugen to the next level alongside IKEMEN? This guy is going to go places, wishing him best of luck with his game projects.
#5  January 27, 2023, 09:08:33 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Bomberman clone?
#6  January 28, 2023, 08:40:32 pm
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
This is neat but I do wonder will it be possible to add unlockables, boss fights and story?
#7  June 02, 2023, 05:25:39 am
    • USA
Something else cool that not even Ikemen supports to my knowledge would be simultaneous d-pad and analog stick support on controllers like the Xbox controller, which is a thing many commercial fighting games for both consoles and PCs do support. Possibly even having the ability to use the right stick as a shortcut/hot-button for select moves ala BlazBlue or Smash. Pad players are becoming rather prevalent even at fighting game tournaments, and ideally should be taken into account for controller support.
#8  July 30, 2023, 05:41:56 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#9  August 02, 2023, 04:53:07 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
This engine promises a lot.
#10  August 27, 2023, 07:06:42 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
with this engine I see possibilities like ground particles like the blazblue snow stage actual stage transitions so I could actual make that fighting game I wanted to make where it takes place in one city and you can get knocked around to other parts of the city and the next round continues from where you last left off at and depending on where you start the fight for a new opponent they'd be a character in the background in that area in the previous fight. I also see potential for rain particle interaction say ryu spin kick during rain it could send some rain flying off his feet we could even have palette dimming during a passing rain shower as if to simulate being soaked come on people.
#11  September 21, 2023, 01:19:15 pm
hmm....

I just bombard by the news that Unity is going to charge it's user pre install  not pre sale..

#12  September 21, 2023, 01:54:51 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Unity getting messed up by the backlash it was getting over trying to squeeze more money out of a rock out of greed.

The situation is a bit complicated to explain in words, but, to my understanding, the TLDR is that Unity is going to add an additional "fee", against the developers who uses the engine, proportional to the number of downloads/installs of the finished game (as much as 20 cents per install, which can be crippling).

Asmongold TV has a breakdown of this drama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwcrSiQ1JDE
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#13  September 21, 2023, 02:55:42 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
dragonball fighterZ mugen unity
#14  September 28, 2023, 08:02:13 pm
  • http://proyectomugenfairytails.wordpress.com/
    • Spain
    • paindeva6@gmail.com
    • http://proyectomugenfairytails.wordpress.com/
The Unity Mugen Project is still in development. The Unity Mugen project was developed to create fighting games using the same language resources as the old Mugen, one of the biggest differences is: The possibility of generating games for Android, Xbox, Playstation and other platforms. Add different types of effects, such as screen filters, 3D scenarios, the possibility of changing 100% of the screens and menus according to what the person wants. Add as many color palettes as you like for the characters.

El Proyecto Unity Mugen todavía está en desarrollo. El proyecto Unity Mugen fue desarrollado para crear juegos de lucha usando los mismos recursos lingüísticos que el antiguo Mugen, una de las mayores diferencias es: La posibilidad de generar juegos para Android, Xbox, Playstation y otras plataformas. Añade diferentes tipos de efectos, como filtros de pantalla, escenarios 3D, posibilidad de cambiar el 100% de las pantallas y menús según lo que la persona quiera. Agrega tantas paletas de colores como quieras para los personajes.

Le projet Unity Mugen est toujours en développement. Le projet Unity Mugen a été développé pour créer des jeux de combat utilisant les mêmes ressources linguistiques que l'ancien Mugen, l'une des plus grandes différences est : La possibilité de générer des jeux pour Android, Xbox, Playstation et autres plateformes. Ajoutez différents types d'effets, tels que des filtres d'écran, des scénarios 3D, la possibilité de changer 100% des écrans et des menus selon ce que souhaite la personne. Ajoutez autant de palettes de couleurs que vous le souhaitez pour les personnages.

https://mega.nz/file/sFIFTQyY#qfwp2OzFerHShjp9Ca_HOqolfV0D7yR5LfmD76Hv--io

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zyl4stsbv1bs5un/UnityMugenDBZ.rar/file
Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 12:41:11 pm by Mikel8888
#15  September 29, 2023, 05:08:39 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Oh, another slowpoke guy, eh?? Well, I merged it here since it has more to do with this thread than a sole thread about this than isn't even about MUGEN itself. more news about Unity in the other thread

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
New #16  September 29, 2023, 11:43:15 pm
Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 09:13:50 pm by AlexSin
#17  September 30, 2023, 03:22:38 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Honestly I don't know which section it would fit. I moved it to Mugen Discussion as you suggested, but someone reported it again saying it was in the wrong section... :???: