YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1445168 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1181  December 04, 2014, 02:21:21 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
@Jmorphman:

haha yeah you already hit us with the Info on the walking dead director doing wonder woman info twice. You posted it earlier too  ;)
I totally forgot about that previous post but the one I just posted came a week later and was when it was made official so it still counts!!!
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1182  December 04, 2014, 02:39:14 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
#1183  December 04, 2014, 04:39:36 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#1184  December 04, 2014, 04:42:53 am
    • USA
It's just gonna be one of those things where it's an off-screen or exceedingly minor on-screen character who is only mentioned and probably killed in some explosion or something.

S&M clad Soviet assassins with gun-arms just don't get any respect these days.
#1185  December 08, 2014, 03:42:49 am
    • USA
John Ostrander, the creator of the Suicide Squad (and one of my all time favorite comic book writers ever) did an interview about his thoughts on the casting; he thinks they're all good choices, but was most excited about the possibilty of Oprah Winfrey as Amanda Waller. He also wants a Stan Lee type cameo, and they better fucking give it to him!!!
#1186  December 08, 2014, 03:57:47 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I think I'm more excited for this movie than I am for Law and Order: BvS. Whoever they've got casting this is going all out.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1187  December 08, 2014, 04:10:04 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Dude I can't wait for that movie, I want to see how Captain Boomerang is going to be. Hopefully better then arrow, which was disappointing.

Him and Deadshot are the characters I'm looking forward to seeing the most.

I also heard there is a Booster Gold movie in the works, all my hype!
Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:14:28 am by -Whiplash-
#1188  December 08, 2014, 08:55:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
John Ostrander, the creator of the Suicide Squad (and one of my all time favorite comic book writers ever) did an interview about his thoughts on the casting; he thinks they're all good choices, but was most excited about the possibilty of Oprah Winfrey as Amanda Waller. He also wants a Stan Lee type cameo, and they better fucking give it to him!!!
best stanlee type cameo is teh aku no hana mangaka in teha ku no hana anime. the anime is rotoscoped and low staffed, so he appears as several differentr secondary characters, even if that means wearing fake moustachoes, wigs and/or dresses.
#1189  December 09, 2014, 02:26:43 am
    • USA
I don't know what that means and I won't respond to it.

I probably should put this in the entertainment news section because it's (probably, like all other DC shows) not gonna be in the same continuity as the DCCU, but who even cares; this isn't the MCU thread! Anyways...

Visonary screenwriter David S. Goyer is doing another DC show, Krypton (which had been rumored a while back). Naturally it is set on Krypton, and follows Superman's grandfather "as he brings hope and equality to Krypton." I, for one, can't wait to see how they'll shoehorn references to Superman villains/mythos in terrible, terrible dialogue, ala Gotham. Also curious to see how Goyer will follow up his two previous shows in turning a gay character straight for this show (see his shitty da Vinci show, and his shitty Constantine show), which isn't really going to be able to use many established Superman characters!

in more hopeful/interesting news, Mark Hamill is playing the Trickster again for the new Flash series which is pretty cool:
Mark Hamill returns in a brand new interpretation of James Jesse (aka The Trickster), a role he originated on the 90′s ‘Flash’ series. In this new iteration, The Trickster is an anarchist terrorist con man serving a life sentence in Iron Heights who helps Barry (Grant Gustin) and Det. West (Jesse L. Martin) to foil the city-wide attacks of a wannabe Trickster eagerly following in the original’s deadly footsteps. The episode will reunite him with John Wesley Shipp who went up against him as the original ‘Flash’ on the CBS version.
Oh. oh. Ewwwwwwwwwww.
#1190  December 09, 2014, 02:43:55 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Visonary screenwriter David S. Goyer is doing another DC show, Krypton (which had been rumored a while back). Naturally it is set on Krypton, and follows Superman's grandfather "as he brings hope and equality to Krypton." I, for one, can't wait to see how they'll shoehorn references to Superman villains/mythos in terrible, terrible dialogue, ala Gotham.

That's why I don't watch gotham.

Also I don't want to get a huge paragraph of angry ranting but who in Constantine is gay that they turned straight? I have yet to read hellblazer mind you, so take it easy.

So axel walker is going to be the version of the trickster they use.

I still hope he somehow gets air walking shoes.
#1191  December 09, 2014, 02:50:32 am
    • USA
Constantine is (was, maybe? there was a reboot) bi in the comics. When asked about this Goyer got all hot and bothered and basically dismissed the idea of that.
#1192  December 09, 2014, 02:53:37 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Constantine is (was, maybe? there was a reboot) bi in the comics. When asked about this Goyer got all hot and bothered and basically dismissed the idea of that.

Oh, I knew he was bisexual but I didn't know they explicitly stated he was not bi anywhere, the show has yet to show any of his sexual preferences but I'm like 4 episodes behind so what do I know.
#1193  December 09, 2014, 03:08:02 am
    • USA
Constantine is (was, maybe? there was a reboot) bi in the comics.

Constantine's still bi, but like most changes from the early nu52 it's a momentous part of his back story rather than just a character trait.
This time
This time
#1194  December 09, 2014, 10:32:39 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#1195  December 09, 2014, 04:32:05 pm
  • SNK is life
Should every comic book movie stick to a comic book storyline? Marvel isn't necessarily doing that. The twist the article describes is ... unexplored (?) in the Batman comics, so it'd be an interesting spin IMO

STILL I agree with you being skeptical about DC movies in general, but this particular turn of events doesn't necessarily spell WORSE
#1196  December 10, 2014, 03:23:50 am
    • USA
Spoiler: Spoilers for 12/09's Flash. (click to see content)

Spoiler: Spoilers for 12/10's Arrow (click to see content)
This time
This time
Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:09:42 am by Speedpreacher
#1197  January 10, 2015, 12:24:00 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#1198  January 10, 2015, 01:00:19 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
What I thought it was full standalone movie and they are doing 2 parts how lame can this get?
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie t
#1199  January 10, 2015, 01:33:38 pm
They realized they could make it two movies instead of one when they saw Marvel do that for Avengers Infinity War. It's not the worst idea considering the convoluted clusterfuck that it's going to be.
... But I thought they were already filming, what with all the casting reveals ? Well, the two parts are only five months apart, so they should have everything ready together, but I hope they planned for it well enough.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:36:42 pm by DKDC
#1200  January 10, 2015, 04:30:58 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
Seeing all of these changes pop up I can't help but assume that the people in charge of these decisions are doing ridiculous amounts coke and firing off these ideas to eachother. There seems to be no clear plan in motion for this film at all it just seems they'll try to do what ever is working for other movie studios to try and increase this films success.