YesNoOk

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Announced (Read 79074 times)

Started by Iced, May 17, 2016, 04:05:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Announced
#61  July 09, 2016, 08:21:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I don't think Toriyama has any tie to the character customization in these games, or even Dragon Ball Heroes that had female MC go SSJ for the first time.
first introdced in dbo .

But ofc, its canon since super.

#62  July 09, 2016, 08:26:54 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#63  July 09, 2016, 08:29:22 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#64  July 09, 2016, 08:43:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
yeah videl went ssj durign that ritual thing to awaken Goku God form, which means that Pan has the ability. Good thing too the whole "pan cant go ssj" thing of GT was hot garbage.
#65  July 09, 2016, 08:44:16 pm
yeah videl went ssj durign that ritual thing to awaken Goku God form
Uh... You're joking, right ? I know, her hair looked blond, but you're joking, yeah ?

Anyway, I'm sure Toriyama wanted to give females a different look for SSJ, but surely the blond thing would stick, it's just the spiky things and probably the fierce eyes that he didn't want to give to girls... And eventually the no-eyebrows of SSJ3.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:49:12 pm by Byakko
#66  July 09, 2016, 08:57:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Uh... You're joking, right ? I know, her hair looked blond, but you're joking, yeah ?

her hair went blonde and went up and her eyes turned into greenish blue. Seems to me like a direct reference to the SSJ transformation ? I mean, I know videl is not able to go super sayan since shes not a sayan, but it was the baby inside her transforming her.
#67  July 09, 2016, 09:00:30 pm
... No. It was the golden aura from everyone around her, passing through her and lighting up the whole area. You know, the kind that makes rocks float up, and surely hair too. She's absolutely not SSJ here. Even with a baby inside her, that's not how genetic works. Gohan's cloths are golden-green and gold-white on that very picture too, that's exactly what's happening to her hair and her eyes. For SSJs, even the pupil turns green-blue, she has only the iris change color - because of the lighting.
#68  July 09, 2016, 09:10:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
she was already golden haired before the lighting become different.

I dunno man I think this was just implying that the baby had the capacity to go ssj.
#69  July 09, 2016, 09:21:43 pm
I'm sure it's related to the SSJ energy from everyone passing through her and, yes, Pan too, but there's no justification to think Videl could have a transformation like that. It just makes much more sense that this is only an image.
Of course Pan has the capacity to turn SSJ - because she's a Saiyan. It's just that it'll probably look a bit different, but still with the same color scheme, the golden glow and the eye color. It'll just look different. Hell, it might even look closer to that shot here than everyone else (in the sense that this appearance could easily be them testing the water to see what would look good for a SSJ woman), but it's a giant leap to claim that Videl in that scene is actually going SSJ herself (or that a SSJ woman will look like that whenever it really happens). As in, it's not her own energy, her ki and her physical power aren't shooting up or anything. She's just flooded in the SSJ energy from everyone else that's passing through her and Pan.
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:28:01 pm by Byakko
#70  July 09, 2016, 09:23:42 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh I know Videl wont have the form permanently, I just think its showing that pan is going to do it ( unlike gt)
I went and digged the scene up anyway for whoever wants to re-watch it.

She was actually the first one going golden in the scene.
#71  July 09, 2016, 09:28:39 pm
Yeah, I was just rewatching it too.
In fact, when that scene ends, when everyone goes back to regular form and the golden light goes away, her hair goes back to black but her eyes are still lit up while everyone has black eyes (the area is still flooded in light and there's still energy going around - it's red this time, and her eyes are red - just like Trunks, who doesn't have black eyes in the first place) (4:47 in that video). This can't be because she's SSJ (otherwise her eyes would be black again), but clearly because of the surrounding light. It's just inconsistent animation more than an actual thing where she's really SSJ herself.

edit - to clarify, the golden hair is definitely meant to "resonate" with the SSJ form, with that power passing through her, she's meant to *look* the same as everyone around her, but she herself is not going SSJ. SSJ eyes don't have black pupils.
I don't expect that to be what SSJ Pan would look like. But it might be close.
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:40:16 pm by Byakko
#72  July 10, 2016, 06:04:10 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Personally been fond of that design for SSJ Pan myself.  Super Saiyans are supposed to have spiky wild hair, they're kinda part of the anime hair trend-setter.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Anyways, Frieza's clan was my choice for my first character in the first game, so getting the golden form is pretty neat, I like it.  Nice to see more of the Kid Buu form for Majins as well, but when're Nakemians getting any love?  They need something new too.

lui

#73  July 10, 2016, 06:39:21 am
    • USA
while i really, really hate most dragon-ball fan-mangas or videos (absalon is included too, its just too damn fucking edgy), i really like the art in multiverse, it really stays true to toriyama's style
#74  July 10, 2016, 11:16:33 pm
    • USA
#75  July 12, 2016, 06:51:29 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
*Long John Killer's post goes here*

Glad I finally have the proper context to share this video I recorded of a Xenoverse mod.

To keep myself on topic, From what i've seen so far, it really doesn't look like they've honestly fixed any of the issues with the combat. Sure, they added additional actions to take after a combo has ended but that really seems to be it. Everything else combat-related seems to be pretty stiff and unfinished-feeling except for that one video where they showed off the Bending Kamehameha it was single-hit too, so no more invisible-hanging-in-the-air beam attacks hopefully and the attack seemed to have a lot of utility, but we'll see.

I'm more looking forward to Xenoverse 2's story. I LOVED THE SHIT out of Xenoverse's story so the bar has been set high for me.
Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:56:38 pm by Negi Springfield
#76  July 20, 2016, 05:47:13 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Spoiler: new scan-low quality (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:50:45 pm by 1Ultima

lui

#77  July 20, 2016, 08:04:04 pm
    • USA
lol theyre literally adding in all the characters that have been modded into the first one already :p
#78  July 27, 2016, 12:43:11 pm
    • Germany

Giant Namekians confirmed, and humans get a Flying Nimbus form with Powerpole. ö_Ö
#79  July 27, 2016, 05:42:31 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Just imagine the battles between them and the Ōzaru
#80  August 19, 2016, 12:30:29 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Who's ready for some new scans?

Spoiler: Scans (click to see content)