YesNoOk

make shao kahn have protection his body only performs a special move like MK9 (Read 1439 times)

Started by DosKillerFighterTrue, May 06, 2024, 09:33:26 am
Share this topic:
make shao kahn have protection his body only performs a special move like MK9
#1  May 06, 2024, 09:33:26 am
    • Argentina
Hello, I'm looking for a way for Shao Kahn to be challenging and fun like in mk9 similar, have a shield or protection on his body only when he performs a special move or hits a blow, and when I hit him he glows yellow but the animation doesn't appear. get hit

I will use char from shao kanh by Serega_Stryker's as an example

look at the comparison between mugen and mk9

As you saw, In Mugen, it is easier to defeat Shao Kahn because his special moves and punches are very immune to attacks. While in MK9, when Scorpion tries to hit Shao Kahn, he performs special moves and the attacks are not immune to Shao Kahn due to the protection on his body. Shao Kahn sends Scorpion flying, but he glows yellow and can take life, although that doesn't stop him from hitting him. The only time he is immune is when he performs a taunt.

code example, I will use "Upward Shoulder" move special as the protection

Code:
;tackle - knee

[StateDef 1210]
type = A
movetype=A
physics = N
juggle = 4
ctrl=0
anim = 1300

[State 1000, Bounf]
type = velset
trigger1 = animelem = 3
x = 8;10
y = -5;-6

[State 1000, w]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = Time = 2
value = 4, 10+5*(random%2)
channel = 3

[State 1000,w]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = Time = 0
value = 20, 4
volumescale = 200

[State 1000, 10]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = !movecontact
attr = S, SA
animtype = back
damage = 270, 50
guardflag = HL
hitflag = HAF
pausetime = 1.1
priority = 8,hit
sparkno = -1
guard.sparkno = -1
hitsound = 5.0
guardsound = 5.14
ground.type = High
ground.slidetime = 12
ground.hittime = 12
ground.velocity = -6,-3
air.velocity = -6,-3
air.hittime = 12
yaccel = 0.5
fail = 1
fail.recover = 0
kill = (Var(9) = 0)
fall.kill = (Var(9) = 0)
guard.kill = (Var(9) = 0)
hitence = 1

[State 1000, Bounf]
type = null;nothitby
trigger1 = animelemno(0) = 3
value = A,NA

[State 1000, Bounf]
type = null;helper
trigger1 = Movehit
stateno = 7150
pos = 60,-70
facing = -1
persistent = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, Bounf]
type = screenbound
trigger1 = 1
value = 1
movecamera = 1.0

[State 1000, Bounf]
type = velset
trigger1 = movecontact
trigger2 = animelem = 4
x = 0
y = -1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, Bounf]
type = targetstate
trigger1 = Moveguarded
value = 280
persistent = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, Bounf]
type = envshake
trigger1 = Movecontact
ampl = 6
time = 16
freq = 70
persistent = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, BounceOff]
type = selfState
trigger1 = Time >= 15 || p2dist x < -35
trigger1 = !movecontact
trigger2 = movecontact > 12
value = 1211

One day I will start doing Mortal Kombat 9 in Mugen to do with all the characters be very similar to mk9.

If anyone helps me I will appreciate it

(I apologize for my English, I use Google Translator)
Re: make shao kahn have protection his body only performs a special move like MK9
#2  May 06, 2024, 05:31:36 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: make shao kahn have protection his body only performs a special move like MK9
#3  May 06, 2024, 05:43:31 pm
    • Argentina
#4  May 06, 2024, 05:47:48 pm
    • Argentina
Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 06:02:05 pm by DosKillerFighterTrue
#5  May 06, 2024, 05:51:38 pm
    • Argentina
by the way Basara Lapis, I see that you are from Chile, that you speak Spanish, you can speak to me in Spanish if you want, I feel comfortable with that language there.
#6  May 06, 2024, 06:28:16 pm
    • Chile
by the way Basara Lapis, I see that you are from Chile, that you speak Spanish, you can speak to me in Spanish if you want, I feel comfortable with that language there.
I would like to, but it's only allowed in the International subforum, there's a Spanish thread but it's kind of abandoned, but from time to time we post there :P

But yeah, the Super Armor it's a code where your character can be invulnerable for some time to make attacks without being stopped and receiving less (or 0) damage in the process, unless the attack would be so heavy that can be broken by the enemy. Apart of MK9 Shao Kahn, this can be seen with Hulk and Juggernaut in MVC series and some characters that are machines or got metal armor (like some versions of Iron Man or War Machine from the same series). This is pure try and failure, so you've to experiment a lot with the code to get the effect you like, so good luck with that ;)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  May 06, 2024, 06:43:35 pm
    • Argentina
Got 2 words for you: SUPER ARMOR, hope this helps

I got it, THANK YOU!! but a problem occurs below

As you can see in the video, the problem is that the animation of being hit appears. Not that Shao Kahn no longer lands it on the ground (I just modified that to see if it worked)
#8  May 06, 2024, 06:46:15 pm
    • Argentina
I would like to, but it's only allowed in the International subforum, there's a Spanish thread but it's kind of abandoned,

oh ok=(...

but from time to time we post there :P

oh ok...
#9  May 06, 2024, 06:58:21 pm
    • Chile
As you can see in the video, the problem is that the animation of being hit appears. Not that Shao Kahn no longer lands it on the ground (I just modified that to see if it worked)
The video can't be seen since it was stated as private. However, as I said to you, it's just experimentation, try to make all the possible combinations to get the effect you want, a unspoken rule of MUGEN is that no code work instantaneously after you copy it, you've to (strongly) modify it to get it done, so you better make a lot of work there

#10  May 06, 2024, 07:00:58 pm
    • Argentina
Sorry, I forgot to post after uploading it, the video is now available. Now I will see your post
#11  May 06, 2024, 07:16:08 pm
    • Argentina
The video can't be seen since it was stated as private. However, as I said to you, it's just experimentation, try to make all the possible combinations to get the effect you want, a unspoken rule of MUGEN is that no code work instantaneously after you copy it, you've to (strongly) modify it to get it done, so you better make a lot of work there

OK =(, and I realized that the animation was not the animation of being hit, but rather the animation returns to the beginning of the attack.
Like you said I'll try to figure this out. I hope I don't give up on solving this...
#12  May 07, 2024, 04:09:01 pm
    • Argentina

I have almost given up, as you said, not all chars work on everyone, so I had to look for a chars that uses super armor to be able to guide me that is similar to the link you provided me.
until causedida I found a char that also uses super armor, it was a bit difficult, but I have also learned how to use super armor, and it looks like the code you provided me, so it was a little easy to guide me, and now a bit has become clear to me. bit. It was a headache because after receiving a hit that has super armor, p1 could no longer hit p2. I already fixed it, but I'm still seeing more Super Armor bugs, possibly, thanks for helping me. Currently I have another problem, after receiving a hit that has super armor, the character p1 (who has super armor) is supposed to change yellow, but it doesn't change, so I had to put BGPalFX instead of PalFX so that it turns in yellow, but it is uncomfortable if the screen shines.

I don't know if there is a solution for this...
#13  May 08, 2024, 03:51:16 pm
    • Argentina
Forget it, I already found the solution.