YesNoOk

Obama is trying to remove fox news channel (Read 15175 times)

Started by Saohc, October 30, 2009, 10:27:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Obama is trying to remove fox news channel
#81  November 04, 2009, 01:46:59 am
Have you ever watched CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, etc.?  Just because you agree with it doesn't mean it isn't more of the same.
Have I said anything about CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc. ? Is this topic about them ? No. Whatever these channels do, does it make Fox News any better ? No. Does it have anything to do whatsoever with the question at hand ? No.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#82  November 04, 2009, 02:26:03 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
I'm just amazed to NOT see a single reasonable conservative in these discussions. All of them are the same irrational kind of redneck who has lost any possibility to reason and just hasn't read a single book on sociology, economy or philosophy. Not one of them can criticize where they f'ud up in all these years they were in command. And yes, I do see a sense of self-criticism in liberals and 'middle' guys.

I want to think not all conservatives are George W clones, but I don't know for how long I can keep that. :P
#83  November 04, 2009, 02:31:11 am
  • I got a PM.
That is not fair. I haven't seen Atomic say anything crazy yet.

I'm sure he just hasn't got around to it, but still.

He didn't say he expected Obama and the white house to employ enough people to call every single news person and blogger who says something inaccurate. That isn't even close to rational. That is without even going into the political and ratings consequences of such an act.

#84  November 04, 2009, 02:42:53 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages

OZ

#85  November 04, 2009, 02:45:09 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Meh, they didn't seem to think too 'critically' when old Dubyah was in office.

To validate your point, would you agree that MSNBC was fighting the good fight during the last administration?
ಠ_ಠ
#86  November 04, 2009, 02:50:59 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Could I receive an answer as to how "Obama is trying to remove fox news channel"?
He's just ignoring them.

Which, by the way, doesn't work against bullies. :no:
#87  November 04, 2009, 02:57:02 am
He's just ignoring them.

Which, by the way, doesn't work against bullies
All those who go "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS" are WRONG.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#88  November 04, 2009, 02:58:31 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
^because that just bumps their threads and gets them more views!!!

To validate your point, would you agree that MSNBC was fighting the good fight during the last administration?

yes, at that time, it was all "he's the president and we HAVE to support him", but i know for a fact that bill o' said bush sucked.

so did michael savage, but he's not directly linked with fox news.

OZ

#89  November 04, 2009, 03:50:04 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#90  November 04, 2009, 06:32:27 am
Have you ever watched CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, etc.?  Just because you agree with it doesn't mean it isn't more of the same.
Have I said anything about CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc. ? Is this topic about them ? No. Whatever these channels do, does it make Fox News any better ? No. Does it have anything to do whatsoever with the question at hand ? No.

Actually it's very relevant to the discussion, as it's a comparison that supports my point.  But English isn't your first language, so I understand that you have to work twice as hard to keep up.

Agreed.

I'm just amazed to NOT see a single reasonable conservative in these discussions. All of them are the same irrational kind of redneck who has lost any possibility to reason and just hasn't read a single book on sociology, economy or philosophy. Not one of them can criticize where they f'ud up in all these years they were in command. And yes, I do see a sense of self-criticism in liberals and 'middle' guys.

I want to think not all conservatives are George W clones, but I don't know for how long I can keep that. :P

You're being facetious, right?  I only read through half the thread, but from what I saw there weren't any outlandish or inaccurate statements made by the conservative-leaning posters (kingofM.U.G.E.N.and myself).  So I'm going to assume you're joking.  And speaking for myself, I'm a well-educated person.  As in degreeSSSS (multiple).
Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:47:13 am by Atomic
#91  November 04, 2009, 07:35:42 am
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Thank god this hasn't turned into a flame war..
#92  November 04, 2009, 07:43:06 am
Thank god this hasn't turned into a flame war..

Who, me?  I wasn't flaming anyone (if you're bored enough to check my post history, you'll see that I rarely do). :(  My comment to Byakko wasn't meant as an insult.  He's French, so he may have some trouble understanding certain points or subtleties made in English that could be lost in translation.
Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:47:20 am by Atomic
#93  November 04, 2009, 07:52:53 am
  • I got a PM.
So you agree with everything King said then? Even the telephone thing?
#94  November 04, 2009, 08:00:35 am
  • What are you looking at?!
    • devilmanozzy.deviantart.com/
This thread is too easy to flame. That and I noticed that the people who do watch fox news don't play video games and seem more in touch with nature as they like gardening, fishing, not living near anyone. Me, I live in the city and no one at my school watches the station. The few times i have, I found they form of news pointless. Then again I watch cnn.
#95  November 04, 2009, 08:03:12 am
That network ring is obviously controlled by the jewish media and their power heads with their zionist agendas; however Obama is a supporter of that abomination called israel (formally Palestine)

--; I'ma vote neither, I have a soul to think about

OZ

#96  November 04, 2009, 09:31:30 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
._.
Wait a dern minute, I thought Obama wuz one ah them ther Muslums.
Don't they hate jews?
ಠ_ಠ
Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 09:34:39 am by Oz the Firestarter
#97  November 04, 2009, 11:56:47 am
Actually it's very relevant to the discussion, as it's a comparison that supports my point.
You can compare it to whatever you want, it still doesn't change anything of what we're talking about. If they're doing bad crap, then they're doing bad crap, even if someone else is also doing crap it doesn't make their crap less bad. You're just trying to throw the fault onto others so you can wave off the heat and make people look the other way. And I can't see what would make you think there are things I didn't understand too well, this is you refusing to get what I'm saying and claiming I misunderstood something. Those are different matters, period.
Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:01:31 pm by Byakko
#98  November 04, 2009, 12:11:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The spreading of outright lies is dangerous, any system that enforces spreading misinformation is potentially very very hazardous.

If a newspapers was found out spreading fake news and populating them as the absolute utmost truth I wouldnt blink twice when it was disbanded. One thing is to be opposition and have critical thinking, but when critical thinking comes with "jumping into lying" as an accepted method you dont have a news channel anymore, you have a marketing agenda.

You americans and your ideas of free speech... you talk as if with free speech you dont have the duty of standing up for what you talk.
Free speech != say whatever you want, claiming to be right and that your lies are truth
Free speech = not going to jail for speaking the truth, no matter who it is about
#99  November 04, 2009, 08:46:42 pm
  • I got a PM.
We should bring back the Alien and sedition act for 3 years and then maybe renew it depending on election returns.  ;D
#100  November 05, 2009, 12:28:38 am
  • I got a PM.