YesNoOk

Ogre Ex Release (Jun's Ogre edit) last time updated 5/10/2017 V.96 beta (Read 63431 times)

Started by ShotokanEditor, August 20, 2013, 07:48:51 pm
Share this topic:
Ogre Ex Release (Jun's Ogre edit) last time updated 5/10/2017 V.96 beta
New #1  August 20, 2013, 07:48:51 pm
  • I'm power made flesh! Feel how weak you truly are
    • Greece
    • youtube.com/user/ShotokanEditor
Hello mugenguilders :D
Since today its my birthday..i wanted to give a small meaningless gift to some friends around the world :D
After all i made some things which i only shared with some close friends but this is the only first time i release something to the public :s
Anyway...
I was working for some time on this edit but i didn't really have time to truly work on bugs etc
Its just an edit...from Jun's OGRE.The floating around bug still happens :/ Don't know how to fix...
I added a lot of things from sounds to intros and sprites :D
And i gotta be honest... i cant find JUN to ask for permission for this edit.
I recall she said that ogre is open-source in the last version(2008) but still if this is an edit that should be here just delete the thread ASAP
I used to have the site with the ogre link but i cant find it anymore

Old version of the character Video

Download: Latest release V.96 beta
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i7nznb8cb19l934/Ogre+EX+V.96.zip

Ogre Ex By ShotokanEditor
V.90 changes 20/8/2013
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
V.92 changes 23/8/2013
V.94 changes 5/11/2013
V.96 beta 5/10/2017
I don't have the changes available..
I haven't worked on this one for a long time, I made some changes here and there but since I lost the list due to HDD fail and even lost an Evil Dan plus Soul Gen edits I had secretly in works I had to retire  back then since there is not much of a free time these days :)
0.96 is a beta unfinished version but don't worry its working ok

To do list:
-Add shinkuu hadouken style super move(remove messatsu gohado beam maybe? in widescreen stages it looks horrible)
-Add shin shoryuken style super move
-Change a lot of sprites to match the wideness of mugen 1.1 this also includes SGS cutscenes and hitsparks
-Convert Ogre Ex completely to Mugen 1.0-1.1 exclusive
-Implement a proper damage reduction dumpener(some help on that would be appreciated)
-Add Super BG's :D
-ReTweak AI which im very bad at atm but i dont want to change the Ogre style but make him smarter
-New intros versus with the evil trio
-Convert sff to sffv2(if i can)
-Add some differerent akuma sounds

Credits
Any kind of feedback would be appriciated
MANY MANY thanks to all those from youtube that asked me for this release
Especially all those that helped me in the help section of mfg ,Cyanide you helped lot man
Also many thanks to Ryon for using his sprites from his R.Akuma preSGS stance and many other things i used from his great works
I cant really thank the person who motivated me since 2004 with mugen but THANKS A LOT Reu

I hope Ogre users like it :D
Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:30:28 am by ShotokanEditor
Re: Ogre Ex Release (Jun's Ogre edit)
#2  August 20, 2013, 09:28:32 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
FINALLY MAN  AFTER MONTHS OF WORK YOU FINALLY RELEASED HIM!

And happy birthday :)

#3  August 20, 2013, 09:56:18 pm
    • Greece
Thanks mate :] enjoy
#4  August 20, 2013, 10:00:25 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Been waiting a longgg time to try this bad-boy out, I will still send you my sound file for him if you're interested in implementing it in your updates in the future?
#5  August 20, 2013, 10:41:01 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Easy aerial infinites in corner:
repeat Shoryuken as many times as necessary.

There are many other combos like this as well. 
The juggle system is way too loose.
#6  August 20, 2013, 10:56:59 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

Sorry this is off topic,  yo where you get them icons?
#7  August 20, 2013, 11:09:28 pm
    • Greece

I know mate, tbh thats the way ogre always was.I dinttry to rebalance on jugglewise way
Might do later.Cheap i know

Posted: August 20, 2013, 11:18:58 pm
Been waiting a longgg time to try this bad-boy out, I will still send you my sound file for him if you're interested in implementing it in your updates in the future?

Dunno yet what more to add tbh xD but  Im sure i will take a look for sound changes if needed and ask you :]
#8  August 21, 2013, 12:57:42 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
This is a completely overhauled soundfile for Ogre, only thing missing is a new voice, I replaced just about every sound effect tell me what you think or if there's anything you might want to use from it :-)

http://www.4shared.com/file/5BB0Wtid/Oni_Ogre.html
#9  August 21, 2013, 01:43:49 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#10  August 21, 2013, 04:15:54 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Don't worry about asking Jun for permission, he certainly didn't lol. During the unrequestable era his Ogre was notorious for all the code it blatantly stole.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#11  August 23, 2013, 10:11:14 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Great job on this edit, I really like it. Having him versus my MvCSI God Ken would make an awesome fight. With a few more edits, you can even make your own version of "Shinny" as it feels almost close to him. I can help you on that if you want. I did a few edits on someone else's attempt, but I didn't like how it turned out due to the effects. Maybe I'll use yours as a base instead and it will look 3 times better than what I did before.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#12  August 23, 2013, 10:27:04 am
    • USA
    • kaoatlas@gmail.com
If you dont mind me asking... whats the difference between this guy and Death Ogre? As I recall.... there are like 7 ogres.... the Death Ogre.... then Aragon!
Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:35:31 am by KaosBreaker
#13  August 23, 2013, 07:14:33 pm
    • Greece
If you dont mind me asking... whats the difference between this guy and Death Ogre? As I recall.... there are like 7 ogres.... the Death Ogre.... then Aragon!

They are just getting cheaper and cheaper between versions.Especially Aragon and soul ogre.
Facking hell man these 2 i mentioned couldnt be touched.When get hit there was a reversal with the rugal glide
THis version here is toned down a lot on many skills he has and i added some of mine preference and tweaked some things.(the 22 buttons smash for guillotine is gone for example...you could almost never make it happen)
There was particular guillotine grab were Ogre was hitting your face on the ground that could get the 70% of health

Death Ogre was one of the good edits of ogre back then.
#14  August 23, 2013, 07:50:19 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I really like the concept behind Ogre, with moves from Yamazaki, Kim, Rugal, etc.
Would be so much better if he could be balanced as POTS' balanced Evil Ken and Evil Ryu to make them fair in a regular Mugen.

He's totally unhittable during the move where he bursts into flames with wings and charges the opponent. That sounds cheap as hell seeing the damage.

Anyway, good job with the new effects, it looks pretty. ;)
#15  August 23, 2013, 08:16:50 pm
    • Greece
I really like the concept behind Ogre, with moves from Yamazaki, Kim, Rugal, etc.
Would be so much better if he could be balanced as POTS' balanced Evil Ken and Evil Ryu to make them fair in a regular Mugen.

He's totally unhittable during the move where he bursts into flames with wings and charges the opponent. That sounds cheap as hell seeing the damage.

Anyway, good job with the new effects, it looks pretty. ;)

Indeed...But my knowledge is very liitle :(
Btw the End of eden of krizalid skill(the one you mentioned) was always like that.Krizalid was invincible untill the pallete effect was gone
Maybe i can tweak the dmg and the range traveled of the skill

Holy shit! i just saw that the explosion hit was 3 hits! :s will change

Posted: August 23, 2013, 10:10:03 pm
See first post for a small update to download  :D
Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:10:03 pm by ShotokanEditor
Re: Ogre Ex Release (Jun's Ogre edit) last time updated 23/8/2013
#16  August 23, 2013, 10:42:01 pm
The character is nice, but I would change the basic hit sprites and those bursting flames are a lot ( I am talking about when u do that move forward + down+back + punch) The intros need touching up as well.For now this is what I can say.There is still a lot of work on this char but if done right, this might be even better than the evil duo and dragon claw( that are still the best characters  around to date)
#17  August 23, 2013, 11:18:44 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
TBH, I liked the original Ogre better. This one seems to have too many effects. Also, it's hard to asura warp, if it's still there.

Though this is a nice update. :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#18  August 23, 2013, 11:32:51 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
Toning down the flashiness, nerfing some of his moves, and having consistant comands for moves would make him better, I really like it so far.  you can only do the guile kick with HK, and did you check out my sound file for him?
#19  August 23, 2013, 11:55:31 pm
    • Greece
TBH, I liked the original Ogre better. This one seems to have too many effects. Also, it's hard to asura warp, if it's still there.

Indeed its still there and i hope i just fixed it.try the V.92 i have a the cmd file included
Too many moves and skills...Sigh..  I understand having to many moves is a pain sometimes
And to think i went a bit too far collecting all his moves from almost all previous versions.( i dont have the very first realese of jun anymore tho(the one with the Sgs taunt XD.If more ppl complain for the many many moves i might start remove any unnessesary ones, Thanks for trying him tho :D

The character is nice, but I would change the basic hit sprites and those bursting flames are a lot ( I am talking about when u do that move forward + down+back + punch) The intros need touching up as well.For now this is what I can say.There is still a lot of work on this char but if done right, this might be even better than the evil duo and dragon claw( that are still the best characters  around to date)
The hitsparks are too glowy?I made em tbh just to make him look a bit more flashy...that wasnt a good idea i see :/
THe purple fire burst is too flashy too? maybe ill have to revise again :s
Evil Duo and DC are amazing creations :D this one its just an edit with flashy thingies ;p

Toning down the flashiness, nerfing some of his moves, and having consistant comands for moves would make him better, I really like it so far.  you can only do the guile kick with HK, and did you check out my sound file for him?
Yes its with HK only atm because i wanted to have all of his moves in his roster even from the old versions...but there is a limit on commands too :(
but i can add more for Lk and Mk buttons if its really nessecary
Ofc i checked it ,its just i dint have time to go on with sound changes atm.Just fixed and tweaked 1 or 2 things due to some feedback
For sure there were like 5-8 sounds clips which i liked.Will inform you again for it ;)
#20  August 24, 2013, 12:04:06 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA

Indeed its still there and i hope i just fixed it.try the V.92 i have a the cmd file included
Too many moves and skills...Sigh..  I understand having to many moves is a pain sometimes
And to think i went a bit too far collecting all his moves from almost all previous versions.( i dont have the very first realese of jun anymore tho(the one with the Sgs taunt XD.If more ppl complain for the many many moves i might start remove any unnessesary ones, Thanks for trying him tho :D

The hitsparks are too glowy?I made em tbh just to make him look a bit more flashy...that wasnt a good idea i see :/
THe purple fire burst is too flashy too? maybe ill have to revise again :s
Evil Duo and DC are amazing creations :D this one its just an edit with flashy thingies ;p

Yes its with HK only atm because i wanted to have all of his moves in his roster even from the old versions...but there is a limit on commands too :(
but i can add more for Lk and Mk buttons if its really nessecary
Ofc i checked it ,its just i dint have time to go on with sound changes atm.Just fixed and tweaked 1 or 2 things due to some feedback
For sure there were like 5-8 sounds clips which i liked.Will inform you again for it ;)

Thank you sir!  Just saying with some tightening, he could becomes amazing.  I think the hr alpha hitsparks looks good, but glowy, I wouldn't mind even seeing him use mugens autospark set.  I'm glad to see new life being breathed into an oldie that I loved when I first started :)