YesNoOk

RELEASED - Rorschach (Watchmen) by SeanAltly (Read 52023 times)

Started by Sean Altly, February 04, 2009, 06:33:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: RELEASED - Rorschach (Watchmen) by SeanAltly
#41  February 23, 2009, 01:01:50 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
sorry slight snag in the ai, it caused some problems elsewhere, ill fix it sometime or another, or kamekaze will
its fixed and uploaded
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:47:07 pm by Shades team
#42  February 23, 2009, 08:36:01 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
Thank you for the work on the Rorschach AI, he does fight much tougher now. I was able to run him through a few AI battle tests, each time in 4 on 4 turn based rounds, just him vs whoever else.

-Vs. Rorschach without AI, beat up on him, but there was a round where the AI version flew off the top of the screen
-Vs. Starfire, good fight with no fight problems
-Vs. Mr. Fantastic, Another good fight, but one of the rounds he was standing at Mr.Fantastic head level in the air for a good 20 seconds or so.
-Vs. Semi Juiced Up Hyper Spawn, good fight with no problems.

General notes:
Pros: He uses the various fire moves much more efficiently, as well as the Grappling Swing to his advantage better. He also used the move where he pulls the opponent to the ground and swings the cleaver into his chest more. In fact, I do not remember the first Rorschach download doing that at all before. And I liked that move alot :)

Cons: He relies on the sliding tackle move where he pounds the opponent in the chest a little too much. Any move involving the shooting the Gas Powered Grappling Gun at the opponent did not work ever. Whether he aimed low, or at the opponents head, he'd just pull it out and stand there for a moment, not shooting before holstering it. In all those fights (remember 4 on 4 turn based rounds) he never used the Who Killed Edward Blake Hyper.

Overall good, just thought you would like to know all that stuff.
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:56:41 am by volzzilla
#43  February 23, 2009, 08:42:29 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
being that that hyper was a lvl 3, which in my AI i only make them use if they are low on health or the opponent is close to death, he wouldn't use it as much. As for the floating away thing. I will fix asap.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#44  February 24, 2009, 12:50:46 am
being that that hyper was a lvl 3, which in my AI i only make them use if they are low on health or the opponent is close to death, he wouldn't use it as much. As for the floating away thing. I will fix asap.

In all of those fights except for against the non AI Rorschach, he was at low health and so were the opponents numerous times (vs. Spawn, Starfire, and Mr. Fantastic, it all went 7 rounds) so there were opportunities to do the Who killed Edward Blake move. Also, thoughts on shooting the gas powered grappling gun at the opponent not working?
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:57:57 am by volzzilla
#45  February 24, 2009, 08:57:21 am
  • ABRAHAM LINCOLN!
I must say, Sean, you never cease to impress me.

I love it!
~Voice of seanaltlys' Tristan Samroy~

Need a voice for your custom MUGEN characters? Talk to me.
#46  February 25, 2009, 04:30:32 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

In all of those fights except for against the non AI Rorschach, he was at low health and so were the opponents numerous times (vs. Spawn, Starfire, and Mr. Fantastic, it all went 7 rounds) so there were opportunities to do the Who killed Edward Blake move. Also, thoughts on shooting the gas powered grappling gun at the opponent not working?

but did he have 3000 power?

and the moves work fine on my end.
#47  February 25, 2009, 10:21:40 am

but did he have 3000 power?

and the moves work fine on my end.

I was going strictly off AI fights for this test. Did not see the power level, just general observations as to what he did and did not do in a multitude of fight tests.
#48  February 25, 2009, 07:59:29 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
being that that move is a lvl 3, the AI probably didnt have a chance to use it.
#49  February 27, 2009, 04:30:00 am
so i was thinking that maybe my hard drive needed a defrag to get him to work right. so i did it. and so he's the same, does not use the gun offensively at all. i wish i knew how to make a video to show you...especially when i had him fight himself and they both pulled the gun, and they both just stood there not shooting for a moment or two before holstering.
#50  March 03, 2009, 11:20:04 pm
I realllly love the way this character is made, but is there any way to make him super cancel out of fire? Im having trouble getting supers to land, especially considering My mugen consists of only crazy characters, such as Reus/vyns work, and the Rajaa characters.  If he could super cancel, i might be able to take them down. Can anyone simply tell me how to edit the code, or send me an edited version with this?
#51  March 04, 2009, 12:06:20 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
so i was thinking that maybe my hard drive needed a defrag to get him to work right. so i did it. and so he's the same, does not use the gun offensively at all. i wish i knew how to make a video to show you...especially when i had him fight himself and they both pulled the gun, and they both just stood there not shooting for a moment or two before holstering.
thats because kamekaze never coded it to do that, since the grappling hook and the shooting it are a sepperate action, it will be updated eventually

I realllly love the way this character is made, but is there any way to make him super cancel out of fire? Im having trouble getting supers to land, especially considering My mugen consists of only crazy characters, such as Reus/vyns work, and the Rajaa characters.  If he could super cancel, i might be able to take them down. Can anyone simply tell me how to edit the code, or send me an edited version with this?
sean hates people editing his stuff, and super cancels arent his style, so i recomend you just change your strategy
#52  March 04, 2009, 12:09:54 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
He can edit for his personal use, I don't care about that. Like I'd be able to stop him if I did care, lol.

Download Last Bout now!
#53  March 04, 2009, 01:03:00 am
Im pretty much new to this, but ive been spending alot of time finding characters and such. I guess its time I did a little work into learning how to code. I wouldnt edit it, but i love the character, and i love the way you do the movesets, but landing that 3rd super is difficult enough, and this one diffrence would make me able to take on the craziest of characters in their small mistakes.
#54  March 05, 2009, 05:21:06 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
thats because kamekaze never coded it to do that, since the grappling hook and the shooting it are a sepperate action, it will be updated eventually

Yeah I did. he uses the gun all the time on me. I don't know whats going one for you but I assure you, if you open up his .cmd and look it up, you will find it being used by the AI.

edit: I've found the problem. I will give the update to laxxe immediantly.
Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:25:52 pm by kamekaze
#55  March 05, 2009, 07:38:59 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Not sure if it was intentional, his D, B, MK or HK can be cancel into aerial attack.
D, B punch is pretty broken imo, NotHitBy through the whole animation. Also unblockable o.O

Definitely like the window hyper.
Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:00:16 pm by Cloudius
#56  March 05, 2009, 10:02:52 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
If I remember correctly, and I'll have to check to be sure, but he should be able to be hit by crouching attacks. So when he starts to dash, sweep him. I'll check real quick and edit this if I'm wrong. It's designed to pass through standing attacks and projectiles.

Download Last Bout now!
#57  March 05, 2009, 10:19:47 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
If I remember correctly, and I'll have to check to be sure, but he should be able to be hit by crouching attacks. So when he starts to dash, sweep him. I'll check real quick and edit this if I'm wrong. It's designed to pass through standing attacks and projectiles.
Your right, he will get hit by the crouching attack.
Then just this
Not sure if it was intentional, his D, B, MK or HK can be cancel into aerial attack.
Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:27:39 pm by Cloudius
#58  March 06, 2009, 03:17:11 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
ill update to the site soon, once im at my home computor
#59  March 07, 2009, 09:13:05 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I just watch the movie and I just have to say that after watching it that I now understand Rorschach's moves!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#60  March 07, 2009, 09:21:03 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, that definitely helps!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download Last Bout now!