YesNoOk

[Resentone Thread]: Botan, Tao, Yuzuriha Released (24/03/2024) (Read 842624 times)

Started by Resentone, January 22, 2022, 05:49:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Ryougi & Yukina Released (06/09/2023)
#221  September 06, 2023, 06:38:10 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
Ryougi and Yukina has been released, head over to the first page to download.

Changes:
06/09/2023
-Updated the Planned Characters section.
-Shizuo, Bullet, Gardevoir, and Shiki Tohno has received an updated.
Specific changes:
Shizuo:
- COME ON...! no longer being able to counter Ultra Burst and certain Distortion Drives.
- 66B is now an uppercut instead of looking similar to 5B
Bullet:
- Minor aesthetic fixes.
Gardevoir:
- Fixed some errors of her sprites on certain palettes (thanks to ZolidSone.)
- Fixed an infinite where one could spam Psychic endlessly.
- Fixed an error on Movelist.png.
Shiki Tohno:
- Reduced damage on some moves.
- Fixed some aesthetic errors.

About my distant future releases, lately I've been messing around with these:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Sorry for the late release, I was sick after uploading the release vid and have to take some days off.
As always, report any errors you found.
Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 07:15:29 am by Resentone
#222  September 06, 2023, 09:48:08 pm
    • USA
i dont think this is supposed to happen. I tested it and it seems like it only happens on both normal and CF Ragna. It also happens in the corner.

https://streamable.com/jcolwl
Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 10:09:01 pm by Noticer22
#223  September 07, 2023, 12:36:56 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I have nothing to report on Yukina, but I found a few errors on these characters:
Saber:
-All versions of Cross Air doesn't deal chip damage.
-The 2nd hit of EX Cross Air doesn't have a swish sound like the B version.

Shizuo:
-The swish sound on 66B plays after it hits the opponent (Should play on the 2nd frame).

Bullet:
-The Ultra Burst sound is still off sync (The sound during the Burst that uses (3000, 2) should have an AnimElem of 3 and was set to 2).

Gardevoir:
-Psychic still plays a hit sound when it successfully connects (The Psychic Attempt should have the hitsound of S1,1 instead and not a separate code for the sound on the Psychic Success animation).
-The (500,0) sound doesn't play when she reappears back on stage at the end of Fairy Tempest.

Also, interesting to see you plan to do your own version of Hyde based on the Under Night In-Birth sequel. Hopefully he's built from the ground up instead and have completely different command normals that diverge from OHMSBY's Hyde from BBTAG. Otherwise, he'll probably just be an variant like Enigma Hyde.

Edit: Actually, I forgot another thing on Ryougi. The Burst icon gets briefly layered behind the Black Fade Away on Mystic Eyes of Death Perception - Five Scenic Collapse. I've been trying to find the best sprpriority number so it still keeps the lifebars itself covered and only keep the Burst icons layered in front, but still trying to figure it out. That's why I haven't reported it yet.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 03:33:53 am by ZolidSone
#224  September 07, 2023, 12:59:41 am
I see Tails is next.

Will this mean there may be a chance that we could possibly see your adaptation of a OHMSBY style Sonic?
#225  September 07, 2023, 03:54:30 am
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
I personally doubt it as Tails is a commissioned character (by yours truly!). If you’re looking for OHMSBY style Sonic, then k6666orochi has a rendition in progress and I’m still working on OHMSBY style Vector.
#226  September 07, 2023, 09:14:59 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia

All fixed. Also fixed some errors that were missed.

Do report back if you found more. Thanks

Also, interesting to see you plan to do your own version of Hyde based on the Under Night In-Birth sequel. Hopefully he's built from the ground up instead and have completely different command normals that diverge from OHMSBY's Hyde from BBTAG. Otherwise, he'll probably just be an variant like Enigma Hyde.
I'm doing it from the ground up of course. He will be much closer to UNI and can do something like these.
https://streamable.com/ztuk4z
https://streamable.com/07a7la
I can show more to give you an idea but OBS for some reason won't recognize UNI so I have to record in windowed mode which caused some lag.
#227  September 08, 2023, 12:27:03 pm
    • USA
I found a few details I missed on Yukina after playing as her in-depth in source:
-On the 2nd frame of her Turn animation, Schneewalzer is completely absent from her hands (On that brief frame, there's a twirl animation that is missing).
-5AAAA should do slightly more damage as the 2 hits of the Twin Strike special does more than the entire chain of the A command normals.
-For some reason, Schneewalzer on the forward/backwards throws when she places it down on the ground doesn't stay in place when she hits the opponent (It doesn't shake with the envshake from the hit or may push forward from the cornerpush).
-All of Arrow Strike's Follow Ups can be charged.
-Arrow Strike's C Follow Up should position her higher as it's exactly the same as the B version.
-The strong ground shockwave on Resonant Thunder continues playing instead of staying frozen during the finish animation.

I'm doing it from the ground up of course. He will be much closer to UNI and can do something like these.

I can show more to give you an idea but OBS for some reason won't recognize UNI so I have to record in windowed mode which caused some lag.
Since it's based on II Sys:Celus, he'll probably still able to do these as well along with the addition of the new moves. I have a decent idea, but I'll know much more when the sequel is out.
#228  September 08, 2023, 01:19:30 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Fixed

-On the 2nd frame of her Turn animation, Schneewalzer is completely absent from her hands (On that brief frame, there's a twirl animation that is missing).
I missed this somehow despite the twirl animation being in the files.

-For some reason, Schneewalzer on the forward/backwards throws when she places it down on the ground doesn't stay in place when she hits the opponent (It doesn't shake with the envshake from the hit or may push forward from the cornerpush).
If it stayed in place, Yukina will grab into nothing and the spear will teleport to her hand when the animation ended. As for the envshake, I'm not sure because it did shake for me. Either way I changed the explod code.

-All of Arrow Strike's Follow Ups can be charged.
I intentionally made them unchargeable, maybe I'll change it. but not now.

-Arrow Strike's C Follow Up should position her higher as it's exactly the same as the B version.
This is an oversight on my part as the C button was reading the B statedef instead of C.

Since it's based on II Sys:Celus, he'll probably still able to do these as well along with the addition of the new moves. I have a decent idea, but I'll know much more when the sequel is out.
I heard that from the tester that played the game early, most of routes from uniclr can be done in sys celes. but we'll see
Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 01:32:27 pm by Resentone
#229  September 08, 2023, 01:52:46 pm
    • USA
Just found a few more left:
-The strong ground shockwave on the NOY version of Resonant Thunder still continues playing instead of staying frozen during the finish animation.
-The 3965 Magic Circle Big effect during Strike the Blood isn't aligned on Scheewaltzer during the 3905 Cut In.

If it stayed in place, Yukina will grab into nothing and the spear will teleport to her hand when the animation ended. As for the envshake, I'm not sure because it did shake for me. Either way I changed the explod code.
Yeah, I have a feeling you can't perfect this as since it's completely separate from the character's animation. The screen did shake, but the spear didn't shook along with it.

I intentionally made them unchargeable, maybe I'll change it. but not now.
I see. Not sure if this beneficial for BBTAG style gameplay, so thought I mention it. Mostly the A version would wall bounce on contact, while the B and C version deals slightly more damage.

This is an oversight on my part as the C button was reading the B statedef instead of C.
Another oversight is that it is also missing a jump sound on the startup like the B version.
Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 02:00:00 pm by ZolidSone
#230  September 08, 2023, 02:50:40 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
All fixed.

-The strong ground shockwave on the NOY version of Resonant Thunder still continues playing instead of staying frozen during the finish animation.
I headass removed the wrong supermovetime, it's fixed now

-The 3965 Magic Circle Big effect during Strike the Blood isn't aligned on Scheewaltzer during the 3905 Cut In.
I changed the code, it's a little scuffed but it works. the previous one use gamewidth but it didnt work out.
#231  September 09, 2023, 02:01:21 am
    • USA
Hey. I found out what's wrong with Schneewalzer on the forward/backwards throws when she places it down on the ground after looking at Sennou-Room's Yukina. Turns out the ignorehitpause was set to 0, which was why it's causing it to shift after the hit. Also the removetime of the 811 animation for both sides should be 66 instead of 51 as it starts to disappear early once the ignorehitpause has been changed to 1.

Also, I checked Ryougi's Double Belfry - Row of Beads on OHMSBY's Ragna and it seems like it can go though him and miss completely if the opponent is too close to her. That means the red hitbox on the back should be the same length as normal Double Belfry.

I changed the code, it's a little scuffed but it works. the previous one use gamewidth but it didnt work out.
It looked fine in the video when you recorded it, but on my end I then realized it was misaligned when used in a 640 x 480 ratio on 1.0. Now it looks good.
#232  September 09, 2023, 08:34:44 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
All fixed, should cover everything I hope.

It looked fine in the video when you recorded it, but on my end I then realized it was misaligned when used in a 640 x 480 ratio on 1.0. Now it looks good.
I wanted to use ohms screen ratio because of this reason alone, but I couldn't just ditch the Lumina Lifebar despite being unfinished
#233  September 09, 2023, 11:45:11 am
    • USA
Unfortunately, I found a couple more on Yukina that ended up being overlooked:
-The twirl effects on the Turn animation don't play if she jumps over the opponent and turns around instead.
-The Schneewalzer on the 811 animation during the forward/backwards throw don't have shadows and reflections.
-The opponent's get hit on the running throw doesn't snap them back to the ground if it grabs them in the air (Depending on the opponent's hitbox, it can miss and may cause them to get stuck).
-The 3rd and 15th hits of Strike the Blood is slightly misaligned as they don't have the same x axis as the 2nd hit.

I was originally thinking of letting this wait until Summer Yukina as it would be more convenient, but that probably won't be until after Tails and Taokaka. So might as well address this in case I forget. I did check to see if the bug regarding the running throw occurs on your other DBFC characters, but it's just her specifically since it's recycled from 5B. This should be everything for sure this time as I have nothing else to report on Ryougi.
#234  September 09, 2023, 01:51:20 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Alright, it's fixed for real now. That took a bit..

Also the removetime of the 811 animation for both sides should be 66 instead of 51 as it starts to disappear early once the ignorehitpause has been changed to 1.
Actually the removetime is 62 now because if it's 66 there'll be overlapped shadow under her spear.

#235  September 09, 2023, 02:53:53 pm
    • USA
Actually the removetime is 62 now because if it's 66 there'll be overlapped shadow under her spear.
Oh I see, so it has to be reduced to accommodate that shadow. But you accidentally left the removetime for it on the backwards throw to 57 and should be the same as the forward one.

Now we're done. Also, her big portrait on your site still has the strand of her hair on top clipped off.
Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 02:58:33 pm by ZolidSone
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Cirno & Tails Released (21/10/2023)
#236  October 21, 2023, 02:09:58 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Cirno and Tails has been released, head over to the first page to download.

Changes:
21/10/2023
-Updated the Planned Characters section.
-Yukina, Ciel, Ushiwakamaru, Gengar, and Gardevoir has received an updated.
Specific changes:
Yukina:
- 5C velocity changed instead of using Type Lumina characters.
Ciel:
- Tuned AI behaviour when opponent is blocking
Ushiwakamaru:
- Added an intro against Tails.
Gengar:
- Changed the DP into a new move called Nightshade using custom sprites thanks to J64.
Gardevoir:
- Mega Gardevoir sprites' Torso are now color separated, thanks to ZolidSone.

Took my sweet my time with this one.
As always, report any errors/jank you found.
#237  October 21, 2023, 06:16:56 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Looks like Cirno's 5AAA makes her stuck until she gets hit.

#238  October 21, 2023, 07:00:09 pm
    • Brazil
Actually, she gets stuck until she uses the follow-up attack from that string or she uses dodge:

EDIT: Oh, and, a bit of a complaint... why can't Tails' airplane super be used in the air?
Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 07:17:58 pm by Macaulyn97
#239  October 21, 2023, 07:32:20 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
5AA is an infinite into itself because 5AA is +16 on hit.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#240  October 21, 2023, 09:24:35 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
About Tails, There is a sprite made by MugenHunter, I am not against you using sprites from Sonic Advances and Sonic Battles (In fact those sprites are my favorites) but I think it could have been better to use one that matches one from a fighting game like those from MugenHunter.