YesNoOk

Street Fighter All-Stars - Version 1.05 (Read 21485 times)

Started by RagingRowen, April 29, 2022, 12:20:54 am
Share this topic:
Street Fighter All-Stars - Version 1.05
New #1  April 29, 2022, 12:20:54 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
After over a year of on-and-off development, I present:

Features:
- 15 Fighters
- 16 Stages
- At least 3 supers per Fighter
- Alpha Counters
- Rage Moves which cost health to use
- Custom Credits Sequence

What I'd add in the Future:
- Better Screenpack
- Consistent Artwork
- Character Dialogue
- More Characters and Stages
- Moving to IKEMEN?
Looking for volunteers for the first two.

Download here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZjDL_MoMq904FX-rFtgPUnjQFCDzeV8/view?usp=sharing

or visit my website:
https://sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Survey for Feedback and Suggestions: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLgf6twOvRzi--PQvbR-M-M8oXhSapIodcoSKntIEubPBx6Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

PS: If you're wondering where each char's movelist went, please check -Movelist Folder-.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 01:47:32 pm by RagingRowen
Re: Street Fighter All-Stars - Version 1.0
#2  April 29, 2022, 01:02:37 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thanks for sharing!
And congratulations for this 1.0 version. A big step have been done here.
#3  April 29, 2022, 01:50:54 am
    • UK
WIP Schedule:
#4  April 29, 2022, 03:41:29 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
You finally finished it! Congratulations!

I'm gonna try it now.  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#5  April 29, 2022, 04:03:24 am
  • I must continue my training...
I actually have a compilation of just your characters.  But this looks like it might have different gamplay and some different characters from your other edits so imma cop this too.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#6  April 29, 2022, 06:20:30 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
More than willing to help with interactive stages if you're moving to IKEMEN. :)

Congrats on the release!
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#7  April 29, 2022, 07:12:17 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Heh. You finally did it, eh?
Congratulations, pal! I'll try this stuff out.
=======[EDIT]========
OK, here is some fair feedback:
-First, and most importantly, it would be neat to have a unified MoveList for all the characters, since you deleted these out of their own folders. Sure, you have a lot of characters we might know moves for, but you also have new moves for some of them, and you have Retsu, at this point literally custom character.
-You could try and make some more difference between SuperPause SF. It might just me be, too used to P-Style and all, but at least LVL1 and LVL2 effects look the same to me.
-A fair warning: IKEMEN does NOT understand 2-Button and 3-Button commands. Maybe there are some workaround to make these work, but I know none I'd like to mess with.
-I'm not sure if Ryu's Rage Move is supposed to be invincible. AFAIK, moves like this are supposed to be tanky. Just asking, was that intended?

-I really like the effects for connected Shin Shoryuken for Ryu, but you could try and make that screen darkening go away fluidly instead of just spoofing out of existence.
-TBH, the animation of Ken's last kick in Shippu Jinrai Kyaku looks a little bit weird. But nothing serious.
-Alex's Boomerang Raid generates lost of Ground Hit sounds and effects. Maybe you need some help fixing that?

-Dan doesn't have alternative palettes. He only has a pink one.

-Also, Dan's Rage Move makes no sense. While most of Rage Moves in your game are fast AF and safe to the boot, Dan's is just a basic taunt, with nothing safe in it. Maybe you'll try to inspire with the way he handled his taunts in SF5?
-If done close enough tot he ground, Dan's EX Airborne Dankyaku just lands instead. With moves that defy gragity it's a good tone to use "animelemtime(x)>=" trigger along with that you already have in ChangeState for Langing, just to make sure character won't start landing before he does his part (aka reaches animelem X).
-Hissho Buraiken has too much positive HitVels, resulting in enemy pushing Dan back. ot that the move loses connection, but it would look better if it wouldn't push him like that.
-The same thing fro Dan's LVL3 as with Ryu's Shin Shoryuken: with more fluid fade-in after it's done it would look better.
-Maybe you better make Sagat's F+LK and F+HK a little bit slower on startup? I remember Tiger Teleport being more comfortable to execute in SF4's, and I did that on PS3 D-Pad too (meaning, it's comfortable enough there to execute with a single finger).
-Add "removeonhit = 1" to scar explode in Sagat's Rage Move. If he'll get hit while starting it, the Explod not disappearing is noticeable.

-Cammy's stage actually has a name: Fraserburgh Castle.
-Is this an intended hitbox for Spin Knuckle?

-Cammy's QCBx2+2k triggers Burn effects on the enemy. Again, is that intended?

-----Now, let me just show you my utmost respect for adding Retsu in your project. SF1 for Life, bahbee!-----
-Retsu's LPs don't have a Whoosh sound. Like, literally all of them.
-Retsu's QCF+P super doesn't have AfterImages.
-Retsu has Deadly Rave type of move... Talking about lack of Movelist again.
Overall your project feels really good. Once again, big congratulations on release, pal!
Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 09:13:39 am by Trololo
#8  April 29, 2022, 07:57:09 am
    • Netherlands
Well done, grats on the release RR!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#9  April 29, 2022, 09:45:37 am
    • UK

Hot damn. I'll fix what I can for the next update. There's something's I'd like to point out though.

1. If you want movelists check -Movelist Folder-. I've gotten people confused over this a couple of times, actually.
2. I am aware of the IKEMEN buttons being strict. I actually plan to, if I could figure it out, add an option for simple inputs where they all use 1 button as opposed to 2/3.
3. About Ryu's Rage Move: It's like that because all Rage Moves (excluding Sagat's and Dan's since they're not attacks) are invincible until the attack frames end. Dan's Rage move also gives Power upon animation completion.

One last thing: I also created a survey for those who've tried the game and have a bit of feedback/suggestions themselves:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLgf6twOvRzi--PQvbR-M-M8oXhSapIodcoSKntIEubPBx6Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 09:54:14 am by RagingRowen
#10  April 29, 2022, 11:20:41 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Shit, then just merge these Movelist files properly and put a single file in the root folder, on the plain sight. Again, the same Root folder has many sub-folders, so hiding extra folder in them, even if the folder is uniquely named, is exactly that: HIDING. These folders is not just something you look into, you know?
And feel free to hit me up if you'll have problems with fixing anything mentioned. I'll give a hand.
#11  April 29, 2022, 12:05:50 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Rename the movelist folder to _MOVELISTS ARE IN HERE_
It moves the folder to the top and all-uppercase text should catch people's eye.
#12  April 29, 2022, 05:13:48 pm
A Street Fighter game with Ingrid as part of the base roster! Unorthodox pick for sure, but a welcome one.

Any plans for SF4 and EX reps?
#13  April 29, 2022, 08:57:10 pm
    • UK
Added a release trailer to the first post.

Shit, then just merge these Movelist files properly and put a single file in the root folder, on the plain sight. Again, the same Root folder has many sub-folders, so hiding extra folder in them, even if the folder is uniquely named, is exactly that: HIDING. These folders is not just something you look into, you know?
And feel free to hit me up if you'll have problems with fixing anything mentioned. I'll give a hand.

That would definitely help, thanks for the suggestions.

Rename the movelist folder to _MOVELISTS ARE IN HERE_
It moves the folder to the top and all-uppercase text should catch people's eye.

Not a bad idea, but I think I'll probably do a single txt file as opposed to multiple.

A Street Fighter game with Ingrid as part of the base roster! Unorthodox pick for sure, but a welcome one.

Any plans for SF4 and EX reps?

Yeah, I tried to sneak in a few obscurities to win over the more dedicated fans.
I could probably have 1 or 2 for SF4 but I'm somewhat against EX ones since they're now separate from Capcom with FEXL being Arika only.
WIP Schedule:
#14  April 29, 2022, 09:51:28 pm
I could probably have 1 or 2 for SF4 but I'm somewhat against EX ones since they're now separate from Capcom with FEXL being Arika only.

Arika and EX series split from SF, that is true, but that really should not stop you from including them. Afterall, the game's name is Street Fighter All-Stars. Characters, that have been part of the series, don't have to be owned by Capcom, to be present here. The "Arika argument" held more weight in CvTW discussions and even there Sean chose Skullomania to be on the Capcom's side. In all honesty, using that reasoning, Eolith characters like Angel should not be part of KoF series either - and guess what happened in the latter entries (not exactly a fair comparison, but you get what I mean).

If my point is still moot, then maybe SFEX character bios on the official Capcom website will be more convincing.
#15  April 30, 2022, 12:40:34 am
    • UK

Arika and EX series split from SF, that is true, but that really should not stop you from including them. Afterall, the game's name is Street Fighter All-Stars. Characters, that have been part of the series, don't have to be owned by Capcom, to be present here. The "Arika argument" held more weight in CvTW discussions and even there Sean chose Skullomania to be on the Capcom's side. In all honesty, using that reasoning, Eolith characters like Angel should not be part of KoF series either - and guess what happened in the latter entries (not exactly a fair comparison, but you get what I mean).

If my point is still moot, then maybe SFEX character bios on the official Capcom website will be more convincing.

In defence, Eolith's were part of the mainline, canon KOF series while Arika's weren't.

I guess I'll consider them, but they'd likely work as a surprise final characters, sorta like with Retsu.
WIP Schedule:
#16  April 30, 2022, 01:36:16 am
I really don't see the issue, SFEX characters would just give this game some more good publicity. Their origins and initial backstories are rooted in Street Fighter. I'm confident, that when most fighting game players hear the names like Blair Dame and Skullomania, their first thought is Street Fighter EX, not Fighting EX Layer.  I mean, hell, SFV even had their costumes for DLC. There should not be any brand recognition and representation problems.

As for canonicty question, there's also should be no problem, since this game already has characters absent from canon entries. And if there is still hesitance because of purists, then no need to worry - they will be upset about Ingrid anyway.
#17  April 30, 2022, 01:44:40 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I think there's arguments for both sides, tbh. Ultimately it's up to you if you wanna add them, Rowen. I'm totally down for seeing them and hope you'll at least consider them.

(That being said, congrats on the release man. <3 <3 <3)
#18  April 30, 2022, 02:01:54 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Interesting roster for sure. Been waiting for this release, congratulations dude!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#19  April 30, 2022, 02:14:47 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Dan's stage should have the same camera settings as the other stages, I actually got thrown off pretty bad when I fought Dan, lol.
#20  April 30, 2022, 02:59:11 am
I've tried playing the game proper and have some thoughts and feedback to share, but please do keep in mind, that I am not a good FG playa:

1. Divison between powerbar sections should be visible, even if it's empty, so the player knows exactly when they get lvl 1
2. Sagat's AI is just atrocious, there is no putting it lightly. The entire match devolves into a fireball throwing competition: who can outspam whom. Characters like Dan gets completely bodied, while as Akuma I barely lost any life.
3. You should consider custom personal winquotes for every character, like in CvTW. It will increase replay value.
4. No Heat Haze for Ingrid? How could you? There's even an instrumental version, if you don't like it's lyrics.
5. Very subjective, but I would propose removing cheap KO's like SFV did.
6. Not Race, nor you catched that eardrum piercing Batsu WinPose screech. Ouch.
7. Not exactly sure, what caused this, but this happened when Retsu tried his chargin super on me
8. Credits have some sort of black bar on the right, which is notiecable when long names scroll by.
9. Another subjective thought: I think pacing of the fight would improve, if those prologed multi-hit throws from Alpha cast would be shorten, the way SF4 did.

Pretty damn fun overall. You've gained a follower. I'll be closley following this project now. Maybe at least one modern Capcom-based Mugen fullgame will make it to the finish line.
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 03:07:37 am by GreenZed