YesNoOk

ultra street fighter 2 the final challenge (Read 121610 times)

Started by c001357, January 13, 2017, 06:51:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: ultra street fighter 2 the final challenge
#121  January 25, 2017, 07:42:12 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Well, just add Chun Li with darker skin and you have Shadow Lady(hey! She appears in that anime!) And just CS Cammy's arms so we can have Killer Bee too.

A extra speed version of Chun Li as Shadow Lady(No missles allowed, only in VS series). Zangief as Mech Zangief, extra damage but can't block. But i was thinking either Decapre or Alpha Cammy. Who knows?

We can make a mugen version with theses ideas, capcom better get they shit together or we
Can make a version with more content for free!

You shouldn't say shit like that lol, that's what makes companies turn C&D happy.  Especially in light of the BS Nintendo has been pulling.
#122  January 25, 2017, 09:19:37 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Now your stealing my ideas jango for real?
maybe I should port this to "ikemen the mugen killer"
For better netplay than whatever capcoms offering

Even during the Creator's Rights era, I was never accused of stealing code/sprites/sounds/etc. and now some jackass is accusing me of stealing ideas.

What a time to be alive.
#123  January 25, 2017, 09:52:06 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, just add Chun Li with darker skin and you have Shadow Lady(hey! She appears in that anime!) And just CS Cammy's arms so we can have Killer Bee too.

A extra speed version of Chun Li as Shadow Lady(No missles allowed, only in VS series). Zangief as Mech Zangief, extra damage but can't block. But i was thinking either Decapre or Alpha Cammy. Who knows?

We can make a mugen version with theses ideas, capcom better get they shit together or we
Can make a version with more content for free!

You shouldn't say shit like that lol, that's what makes companies turn C&D happy.  Especially in light of the BS Nintendo has been pulling.

C'mon, what will they do against free fanmade?
Any man, what about MB-02 and M.Bison II? XD
#124  January 25, 2017, 09:59:12 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

Even during the Creator's Rights era, I was never accused of stealing code/sprites/sounds/etc. and now some jackass is accusing me of stealing ideas.

What a time to be alive.
Only jackass donkey in here is you , take a joke and stop insulting,
Or cash me outside bish

lui

#125  January 25, 2017, 07:06:31 pm
    • USA

What a time to be alive.
Only jackass donkey in here is you , take a joke and stop insulting,
Or cash me outside bish

here's a tip memo,  about 95 percent of jango's posts are meant to be taken as jokes as he has a very dry sense of humor, you're taking him way too literally which is why he called you a jackass when you took his previous post way too seriously and said "wow jango you're forreal taking my ideas"

ps: you're not the first guy to say "we can do a better job at *insert fighting game here* than *insert game company here* in moogenz!"

just giving you a heads up that's all
#126  January 25, 2017, 08:14:41 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Walruslui, I know, these words about "MUGEN better, than GameDevs"  sure sounds crazy... But I think RIGHT NOW they're close to truth.
I'm big Capcom fan. I'm big "Street Fighter" fan. To be honest, I'm taking USF2 with skepticism. Whole idea about it.
SF2 is, indeed, legendary game, which should be on every Gaming System in about 2-3 versions. And idea to make one version for upcoming console (Which is also don't have fightings at all, bwt, no competition and stuff...) is more than understandable. But why "Ultra"? Why not simple port of "HD Remix"? Tested classics with updated graphics, no riscs at all. Sure, could be better, but we're not going that way anyway, so...
Let's just think, what CHANGES "Ultra" will gain to make difference from "HD Remix".
-First of all, mechanics changes. For now we do know about rebalance and tech throws only. TO be honest, this IS already semi-dangerous step, cause SF2- tested classics. Everyone's already got used to "Super Turbo" balance, which, as far as I know, "HD Remix" didn't broke. But I think that's forgivable, cause SF2 ALSO dynamic series. It always changes with every version, after all... I just afraid, that after so many years there's no need in these changes already.
Verdict: Unneccecary. Sure, MUGEN-guys could change mechanics and balance in even more drastic ways, but this is matter of taste. Much of people love Guile'n'Roll's work, at least... Besides, we're not selling it, so if someone don't like this game- he can just delete it with no regrets about spent money.
-Secondly, graphics. Mix-up, classics and HD. With no upgrades... Too bad. C'mon, even if "HD Remix" got some outstanding sprites, SF2-level of ANIMATION waste it completely. But that's my IMHO.
Verdict: Not a problem much, cause it's THE level of "HD Remix". But, as I stated, maybe people don't like there sprites or animations. MUGEN-Guys can (in time, of course) expand animations, made a new set... Or, at least, use different sprites.
-And ooooooh, boy... My Number 3 is main villain here- Characters.
Here's where everything getting funny. Here's where a REAL mistake of Caps, pals. No doubts. They decided to add TWO "new" characters- Violent Ken and Evil Ryu. Everyone here already made some fun of Cap's laziness, cause, like with ANOTHER "Ultra", they went there in a easiest way possible- create already created characters! No need in much new sprites, no need in much new moves... But wua-la! A NEW characters. But no, my problem's here is not how lazy their chose, but how misscasting it is. Even if we could inderstand Evil Ryu and HIS gameplay, I can't stop asking "Why Violent Ken?". You DO know, how handicaped he is already, especially his super move. Just ask yourself: IS HE fitting in SF2 AT ALL? I don't think so... At least, he don't fit there in his current way. They had a chance to make a NEW Evil Ken. More agressive, less talkative... Just like it as in anime. But F*CK NO, they didn't draw him even a new fighting stance, they even used the same SF5 voice! All I can see- blue like dead man Ken with teleport and something messy as super.
And man, I DO hope they'll edit him some more, cause this game is WIP. I already can see some progress, cause Ryu FINALLY got a new WinPose, which we didn't see in first videos, so there IS progress. But man, it could be better if I didn't witnessed it at all... Here it is, folks! Some upcoming graphics!

Verdict: total f*ck up. I can't say that MUGEN-guy's choise could be better... But here where graphics and mechaincs into game: this man could create a such game with FITTING for new characters system and use the best for new characters graphics! So, in MUGEN game the same E.Ryu and V.Ken may bacome even more fitting, than with their current game.
We all can see already: this "Ultra" is already pretty doubtful project. They made a choice of combination: mechanics, graphics and characters... And it's all goes wrong already. We'll get a game with deviation of HD graphics with bad animation, touched in unknown way old mechanics and totally miscatsed characters, which didn't survived previous two in best way.
So, let's just admit it: even THIS is better, than something Nintendo Switch upcoming owners will see.

Yes, this is trite scene: a two characters with NOT SF2 mechanics, not SF2 graphics and, at first, bad fitting character is there. But man. these chars got pleasant (and the SAME) mech, which can provide us with different gameplay, opening new ways for CHARACTERS involved in this game. These chars also got not-so HD graphics, but still with pretty fluid animation and just by itself pretty attractive to the eye, so every involved CHAR will look good! And NOW ask yourself: is Evil Ryu NOW out of place THAT MUCH?
And sorry... Sometimes I'm really master of longposting.
#127  January 25, 2017, 08:56:48 pm
what
#128  January 25, 2017, 09:36:40 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
No. Evil Ryu fits in perfectly. Canon SF1 ending and all.

...Let's see them try to canonify Violent Ken now.

lui

#129  January 25, 2017, 09:49:26 pm
    • USA
what? trololo, dude. its a simple game. its not supposed to be the next sfv, its not supposed to be some big entry in the franchise, its a safe, new version of an old game to test the switch's waters.

you're expecting way too much out of it and as a result seem to have this mindset of "Capcom is fucking up real bad the fans can do better" when it's not really needed. lower your expectations.
Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:52:32 pm by Walruslui
#130  January 25, 2017, 09:52:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I've yet to see SF2 recreated in MUGEN accurately anyway. Till then Capcom doesn't have a lot to worry about!

lui

#131  January 25, 2017, 09:53:05 pm
    • USA
what about felenki's akuma?
#132  January 25, 2017, 09:53:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
1 out of 17

lui

#133  January 25, 2017, 09:56:07 pm
    • USA
you said sf2, you didn't say ALL of sf2 :P

but fair enough
#134  January 25, 2017, 09:57:40 pm
#135  January 25, 2017, 09:58:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#136  January 25, 2017, 10:01:22 pm
the closest thing that an SF2 mugen has came to was bea's NES SF2.

other than that i believe chuchoryu was once misguided enough to believe that he could make an entire SF2 mugen game with all new SF3 sprites.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#137  January 25, 2017, 10:09:17 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Kaz's Guile.

Another one that's super SF2 accurate.

Koryu Ryu, Rainbow Ryu, Dragon Edition Ken and Zangief... That Street Fighters character... The bonus games... Parce's SF2 HD characters...

lui

#138  January 25, 2017, 10:12:31 pm
    • USA
#139  January 25, 2017, 10:14:17 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Kaz is a cool creator though.

Those others... Have you even tried them. I'd say not...

lui

#140  January 25, 2017, 10:15:50 pm
    • USA
Kaz is a cool creator though.
kaz's stuff is indeed nice, but he's not accurate at all so I have no idea where you got that from

Those others... Have you even tried them. I'd say not...
yes I have. and I think there's nothing special about them aside from edited sprites and unoriginal names and moves.

parse's are good for the novelty of seeing the hd sprites in mugen but that's it.

the only one to get the actual sf2 formula right is felenki

I'm not going to go any further about this so don't bother trying to convince me that I'm wrong or that ive never played with them because its gonna derail the topic even more