YesNoOk

XMugen setups for xbox (Read 17358 times)

Started by bigdave629, July 29, 2008, 08:50:38 am
Share this topic:
XMugen setups for xbox
#1  July 29, 2008, 08:50:38 am
http://www.filefactory.com/f/d61fe17c5d6eabe5/

SPECIAL NOTE: To anyone who downloaded any of the first 5 Xmugen files please delete those and download the new 11. Sorry for any confusion, my computer split the files wrong and I decided to fix a couple of things that could cause any problems. These new 11 files should be free of anything that could cause crashes.

This is for xmugen users (mugen on xbox). A lot of people have had a lot of problems getting screen packs, characters, stages, etc. to work so this is for them. Everything is already configured all you will have to do is install them on the proper drives.

In my folder there are 11 Xmugen files, you will need to download all 11 to extract. Once you have all 11 and extracted them and then FTP the Xmugen folder to F\Games and you are done.
In the Xmugen folder are
Brokenmugen (Full Game with chars,stages,sounds)
DC vs. Marvel screen pack
DC vs. Marvel screen pack (more slots)
Heroes vs. Villains screen pack
Mortal Kombat Anthology modified screen pack (with mkp 4.4 extras)

Lots of Stages and sounds

This is optional but if you like Mortal Kombat Anthology and Mortal Kombat Project 4.4 you can download  all 3 parts of MKA4.4 for characters converted for the Mortal Kombat Anthology modified screenpack. Put all characters in the chars folder and not the broken folder that is for the broken mugen full game. In MKP 4.4 the characters could do the Fujin Friendship, Sokram Lives Fatality, Blaze Mode, Summon Blaze, etc. Well I put all those extras in the MKA screen pack, and converted all the characters from MKA to do the extras.

If you already have those characters and don’t want to download them you can do it yourself. You can copy the extra codes from the top of 4.4’s common1.cns file and paste at the top of MKA’s common1.cns file. Then you can use 4.4’s fighfx.air and fight.sff and put them in MKA.

Then all you have to do is edit each character just like you did for 4.4. BUT I highly suggest you download mine because they are already edited and it might save you a lot of time.

For my AMOC setup download all 4 parts and put this Xmugen folder in F\Emulators . You can have both of these Xmugen setups on your xbox at the same time if you want since this is on F\Emulators and the other is on F\Games. I personally use both at the same time.
Here is what is in this setup - No characters at all
AlphaXmugen screenpack
Capcom AllStars screen pack
CFEM screenpack
CVS2 screenpack
Duracelleur screenpack
EVE screenpack
KFM screenpack
Kurumin screenpack
MKP 4.3 screenpack
Marvel Super Heroes screenpack
Mugen Fighting Jam screenpack
MVC2 screen pack
SF3 screenpack
SF vs. MK screen pack (slightly modified)
SFZ3 screenpack
Slim EVE screenpack
Xmen COTA screen pack

DO NOT Forget to download the updated Config file. Open the Xmugen folder that came in AMOC and replace it with this new one.

Lots of sounds
I also  uploaded the latest Xmugen Renamer for lower casing everything and Stage Viewer to check out stages before you put them on.

Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:31:36 pm by bigdave629
Re: XMugen setups for xbox
#2  July 29, 2008, 11:09:00 am
  • RUN!
i would suggest that you clean up the setup a bit before releasing it, messy setups can lead to messy crashes. xmugen can be as picky to the point that whatever works for you might not work for others  :S
#3  July 29, 2008, 10:36:48 pm
i would suggest that you clean up the setup a bit before releasing it, messy setups can lead to messy crashes. xmugen can be as picky to the point that whatever works for you might not work for others  :S

I know what you mean I have been messing with this xmugen for a couple years. To be honest I have never played it on the PC, I am into the xbox modding scene and found out about this on accident looking for emulators. Finding someone to help you with xmugen is like pulling teeth because of how it is built on an old version of linux and not to many people care or fool around with it.
That's why I am putting this out for people that want to play on xbox but don't know all the tricks to get it to work right. I have been getting this ready for awhile and I saw that I forgot a couple of things like that johnny cage character for the first setup and that dcvm2 I tried to put in AMOC. But I promise you that those are easy fixes just delete them or know not use them. If I get more time I will upload it again without them but I have dial up so I need to use someone elses computer to do the uploads. I fixed a lot of stages and characters to make sure they run right. Any character with the movereversed trigger has been fixed because those characters cause xmugen to crash because of the outdated linux version it is based on and does not support this trigger. Some characters by POTS, Rei & GAL129, and many others use this trigger from time to time and for a while we just could not use these characters until we found out it was movereversed that was causing them to crash.
Everything should work for anyone and if it doesn't I will try to help with the situation. Some people with harddrives over 500GB's on xbox have known problems because of how the hard drive was partioned I think some people over at forums.xbox-scene.com can help with that more then me though.
#4  July 29, 2008, 11:34:14 pm
  • RUN!
yeah, ive heard of the problems with 500gb hard drives. a couple of years ago i released a setup on these forums with a 2gb swap file and i seemed to be really successfull at getting it to run on hard drives that big. although i guess the swap file helps a hell of a lot. Its good to hear though that there are people that are interested still in the xmugen scene. Hope you can get around to fixing the small stuff whenever you can.  :)
#5  July 29, 2008, 11:43:01 pm
I remember hearing about that setup, did you go by kakuto or karuto or something? Was that the setup based on r1sky's 4.9 with the updated linmugen? I heard that took care of the movereversed trigger without character modification but I am not sure. Are you still messing with xmugen because their isn't many?
#6  July 29, 2008, 11:55:46 pm
  • RUN!
yes, i go by kakuto
and well regarding the movereversed issue, it counts as a fix only depending to who you are talking to. I still do mess with xmugen from time to time. i also have done some slight updates but nothing to great recently, hmm maybe i should release them slowly but surely :P
#7  July 31, 2008, 02:29:37 pm
updated first post
#8  August 04, 2008, 07:09:59 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#9  August 04, 2008, 02:57:23 pm
Thanks for the post I heard good things about this, I am going to try it out soon. :sugoi:
#10  February 11, 2011, 01:14:21 pm
Dude, honestly, I tried downloading your files and it takes 20 minutes per file and it makes you wait at least 20 minutes between downloads unless you want to get gaffled and pay for some downloader crap.

Are there any torrents for this still alive? I love fighting games and almost creamed my pants when I saw a vid of Ken vs scorpion.

Any suggestion where I can find this? Feel free to pm me. Thanks.
#11  February 11, 2011, 02:29:47 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
this doesn`t works with xbox360, right?
#12  February 11, 2011, 02:36:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I have no idea and im just posting to tell other mods NOT to delete this and let people answer to those things, there is no point deleting a reply like this even if its a necro, since others are likely to come across it with similar doubts, it should be explained instead of just closed.
#13  February 11, 2011, 04:22:23 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
Dude, honestly, I tried downloading your files and it takes 20 minutes per file and it makes you wait at least 20 minutes between downloads unless you want to get gaffled and pay for some downloader crap. Are there any torrents for this still alive? I love fighting games and almost creamed my pants when I saw a vid of Ken vs scorpion.

Any suggestion where I can find this? Feel free to pm me. Thanks.

I haven't read the earlier posts properly, but I'm guessing there may be speed problems because the post before yours was very old, 3 years I think. I may look into the Xbox version of Mugen, if I do, I will get back to you on this. Though, I'm guessing Xbox Mugen is out of date, I would recommend using the new PC version. ADDED; I had a little look around, was looking for the Xbox Mugen (Xmugen?) on it's own, but no luck. I found some compilations, though I'm not sure if that's such a nice thing to do, to post a link to a compilation which probably had no permission from the character creators. But it is more recent (2009) and is real fast, you could find it on http://snesorama.us if you wish. Oh, the closest thing to an official site is here; http://xmugen.bravehost.com/ , the new site is dead, and looks like it hasn't been updated since 2006  :o So perhaps versions of Mugen on Xbox are no longer being developed, I'll have a look around though.

this doesn`t works with xbox360, right?

No. I think it's only for Xbox (one, original). Not 100% sure though if there is no 360 version, it's unlikely. If there was, your Xbox 360 would need ot be first modded anyway. Actually, come to think of it, the original Xbox would need to be modded as well, but that is easier, as you probably already know.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:43:24 pm by FrozenDelight
#14  June 24, 2011, 08:33:22 am
RAR number 2 of the 11 XMugen files keeps coming up with errors... I downloaded it at least twice. Thought you'd might like to know.
#15  July 05, 2011, 10:53:52 am
Please can you sort xmugen part 7 i have downloaded all the rest just need this one it says error can't get it!

Thankyou for this fine upload you rule! :) Pleases if your still on here fix it for us!!! :)
#16  July 18, 2011, 04:06:20 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I downloaded these setups like 2 or 3 years ago and they had the errors then and I had to redownload them again about 3 months ago and they still had them. I'm just mentioning that because I know for a fact if you download everything, you can still extract everything but the files that are broken inside which is just a sound file from one of the characters or stages, I can't remember exactly. I know Johny Cage was messed up from one of the packs too. If it won't let you extract the files by highlighting all the rars and right clicking on them and hitting "extract all", then just open the first rar of whatever setup you want, and just manually highlight all the files (except the broken ones) from inside the rar file and drag it all to a folder on your desktop or whatever. Just trust me too, cause I'm telling you, I've already done it twice now and it worked both times. Not the best guide I guess, and I apologize, but it's all pretty self-explanatory anyways, and if you can't decipher what I wrote, you shouldn't mess around with xmugen to begin with. If you simply can't get it to work, I will upload the packs without the characters or stages so you can at least have the setups and build your own games with them.