YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1564379 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC3
#601  May 19, 2012, 07:54:42 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
FF3 says that ReversalDef doesn't recognize "numhits" parameter and this isn't true.

I tested with numhits = 50. The countermove indeed added 50 hits to the combo.

#602  May 19, 2012, 10:26:45 pm
    • USA
It randomly happens with every version i have downloaded so far: As mentioned before, in any random day, I open the program and it says "XML: unexpected character" and i have to reinstall the entire program. Without knowing any steps i have done in order to achieve this bug/error/etc. , this is the 5th time that happens to me.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:45:08 am by Froz
#603  May 20, 2012, 12:53:21 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I have a really odd one. I have cropped my sff file. Now, very randomly and without me touching it, certain sprites in the .sff file will realign themselves. I only notice when an animation goes blank.

Now that could potentially be the cropping as well. So that would be a decent test. Take any uncropped SFF file and crop it, see if alignment for the sprites themselves hold. There is a good possibility they lose their place.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

DW

#604  May 20, 2012, 02:25:00 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I have a really odd one. I have cropped my sff file. Now, very randomly and without me touching it, certain sprites in the .sff file will realign themselves. I only notice when an animation goes blank.

Now that could potentially be the cropping as well. So that would be a decent test. Take any uncropped SFF file and crop it, see if alignment for the sprites themselves hold. There is a good possibility they lose their place.

This has happened to me as well. When reconfiguring Mai's sff for her updates, and testing out moves, I noticed some frames were missing. When going over the sff, I found sprites WAY off in axis like -356,-433 or w/e. Other than that, I haven't expierenced any other bugs/glitches. This is one everyone should watch out for.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC3 + Update 1
#605  May 20, 2012, 05:05:47 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 1 on the first post.

Changes
- Fixed the crop alignment problem.
- Added an error message to prevent a SFF with empty palettes and/or sprites to be saved (causes a 0Kb file to be write).

I will check all other things later.

About corrupted files, crashes and so, please, send me the file. I requested corrupted files many times, except 0Kb ones. I'm not psychic. Is near impossible to fix a bug with the info reported here.

About the xml issue:
- Check if the FF3 folder is in a directory that doesn't require elevated privilegies.
- Check all xml files you modified, it may contains a syntax error and can't be parsed.

Thanks!

DW

#606  May 20, 2012, 05:28:23 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Awesome! Thank you for the update.  :)
#607  May 20, 2012, 09:21:12 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/

Changes
- Fixed the crop alignment problem.
- Added an error message to prevent a SFF with empty palettes and/or sprites to be saved (causes a 0Kb file to be write).

I will check all other things later.

About corrupted files, crashes and so, please, send me the file. I requested corrupted files many times, except 0Kb ones. I'm not psychic. Is near impossible to fix a bug with the info reported here.

About the xml issue:
- Check if the FF3 folder is in a directory that doesn't require elevated privilegies.
- Check all xml files you modified, it may contains a syntax error and can't be parsed.

Thanks!
Sorry.

The problem is, I don't know whats corrupted. For all I know, it's my computer itself.
If not that, then it's FF3 or my character, but I don't see why FF3 would be corrupted after re downloading it.
But if you don't mind checking out a bunch of files, I'll pm you a sendspace link for those two files that might be the cause.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#608  May 21, 2012, 12:41:56 am
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/
i'm glad to see that you're still continuing to improve FF3, thanks VT  ;D

#609  May 21, 2012, 01:32:01 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Nice release... it's more stable with the sound module, but still has issues when you use looped playback, the first being that there is istill a gap when FF3 loops the sound (this sound I use is "perectly" cut so it loops without gaps)... but only seems to happen with sounds that are wider than 10 seconds i guess...
The second is that, if you use the looped playback, and click on stop, you need to wait until FF3 actually gos to the last part of the sound, then it stops, otherwise it continues, normal playback stops correctly whenever you click the button :)

See ya!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#610  May 21, 2012, 05:33:59 pm
    • Russia

You changed list to icons as you said earlier. That's good thing. But...
Before this update to launch 1st mugen you had to click Launch Mugen icon (1) and ok button (2)
To launch some other mugen in the list you had to click Launch Mugen icon(1), open list (2), select mugen (3), click  ok (4)

But now, no matter which mugen you want to launch, you must click Launch Mugen (1), Select icon (3), and click ok (3)

It didn't become better! Why won't you make it possible to actiavte icon on double click or better just on normal click?

PS. Crop function in image editor works wrong - instead of deleting transparent area it find its width and delete width/2 from both sides of the sprite
#611  May 21, 2012, 07:05:32 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Nice release... it's more stable with the sound module, but still has issues when you use looped playback, the first being that there is istill a gap when FF3 loops the sound (this sound I use is "perectly" cut so it loops without gaps)... but only seems to happen with sounds that are wider than 10 seconds i guess...
The second is that, if you use the looped playback, and click on stop, you need to wait until FF3 actually gos to the last part of the sound, then it stops, otherwise it continues, normal playback stops correctly whenever you click the button :)

Yes, I know the problem. I just can't fix it now using the built-in Qt functions that are the cause, not my fault. I will change to another playback system later.

You changed list to icons as you said earlier. That's good thing. But...
Before this update to launch 1st mugen you had to click Launch Mugen icon (1) and ok button (2)
To launch some other mugen in the list you had to click Launch Mugen icon(1), open list (2), select mugen (3), click  ok (4)

But now, no matter which mugen you want to launch, you must click Launch Mugen (1), Select icon (3), and click ok (3)

It didn't become better! Why won't you make it possible to actiavte icon on double click or better just on normal click?

PS. Crop function in image editor works wrong - instead of deleting transparent area it find its width and delete width/2 from both sides of the sprite

:???: Now you just must do one click (select mugen in the list). You can use a shortcut to the Run in Mugen function and Enter to the OK button. But, i agree with the double click thing. I will force the first item or the last used to be selected automatically, then we can use only the keyboard to launch Mugen.

I sucessfully reproduced some problems like the SFF save function that won't work sometimes. Later I will release onother fix.

Thanks!
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC3 + Update 2
#612  May 22, 2012, 03:23:34 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 2 on the first post.

Solved an issue in the SFF save function.
About SFF, that many people report some problems, i just want:
- If a problem occurs, i'm sure that's a very rare case. Try to figure what do you made.
- If you have problems with the implicit sharing (auto linking), send me an example and repro steps to figure the problem. I tested many times and I haven't problems with it.
- All save functions "only" write to the file if it is in the modified state (the asterisk), otherwise we don't need to reencode and take time for nothing. In this case FF3 does nothing.

Thanks!
#613  May 22, 2012, 09:25:33 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico

Yes, I know the problem. I just can't fix it now using the built-in Qt functions that are the cause, not my fault. I will change to another playback system later.
Gotcha!! I'll stop reporting that then (not usefull if you intend to change the playback system ;) )

Thanks for your updates and effort :D

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#614  May 27, 2012, 04:37:08 am
    • USA
Suggestions: On the Advanced Palette Editor, you could add the HTML code that's found in most photo-editing softwares. (i highlighted them in red.)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also, if there's an option to crop all the images, would it be possible if you could add the option to export the images "uncropped" or with axis, example: based on the default background you can export all the sprites in the sff file with the total height and width of 640x480 (or 320x240). If you're not sure of what i'm talking about please let me know.
#615  May 27, 2012, 05:36:40 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Also, if there's an option to crop all the images, would it be possible if you could add the option to export the images "uncropped" or with axis, example: based on the default background you can export all the sprites in the sff file with the total height and width of 640x480 (or 320x240). If you're not sure of what i'm talking about please let me know.
Sprites -> Save image (aligned)...
#616  May 27, 2012, 05:57:57 am
    • Thailand
I see you changed the mugen.exe testing interface, but now it's annoying that I have to keep choosing which one by clicking it and then pressing OK.

Is it possible to make it so I can set a default EXE that starts automatically when I press the "Run current project in Mugen button"? Or perhaps the ability to remember so I can just press enter? Or perhaps the ability to double click the one I want to run? Perhaps all of these options?

Thanks for the update.
#617  May 27, 2012, 06:55:28 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I'll be honest. I havent updated FF3 in a while. Im on 3.0.840.2012
Can I edit the pallets in ANY edition of FF3 for my 1.0 character??
There's no drop down list of the pallets that are saved to the character in the advanced pallet editor window.
The only list that's available does nothing as far as I can tell.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#618  May 27, 2012, 07:06:13 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I see you changed the mugen.exe testing interface, but now it's annoying that I have to keep choosing which one by clicking it and then pressing OK.

Is it possible to make it so I can set a default EXE that starts automatically when I press the "Run current project in Mugen button"? Or perhaps the ability to remember so I can just press enter? Or perhaps the ability to double click the one I want to run? Perhaps all of these options?

Thanks for the update.
I already made this, except the default exe that will kill the multi-mugen feature. But i have another idea to test too.
Anyway, before, you needed to select from the list, which does not change much. I don't understand how much annoying is now compared to before.

So I'll be honest. I havent updated FF3 in a while. Im on 3.0.840.2012
Can I edit the pallets in ANY edition of FF3 for my 1.0 character??
There's no drop down list of the pallets that are saved to the character in the advanced pallet editor window.
The only list that's available does nothing as far as I can tell.
:???: Update to the latest version.
Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:12:06 am by VirtuallTek
#619  May 27, 2012, 07:31:28 am
    • Thailand
It's more annoying because in the older one, I could click it and then press enter and begin. Now I have to click the icon, click the mugen I want, then click okay. It's more clicks, although more visually appeasing. We're spoiled, so any amount of extra clicking is annoying. =p

I can't find the feature to pick a default exe. Or maybe I'm not understanding what you just typed.
#620  May 27, 2012, 08:08:55 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thanks for the fast reply. I like the new addition for the pallets!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv