YesNoOk

Spawn by the Arlequin and Team CVG released (Read 12118 times)

Started by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷShadyƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ, May 11, 2011, 03:31:05 pm
Share this topic:
Spawn by the Arlequin and Team CVG released
#1  May 11, 2011, 03:31:05 pm
  • 真祖-真の祖先。

もう何も無いのねAlexandria Shady Rensia。少しこの名前に疲れているのかしら。自分を嫌いになりそう。
Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:31:27 am by Caddie
Re: [Character] Spawn by the Arlequin and Team CVG released
#2  May 11, 2011, 05:48:11 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Ohhhh boy!!!.... downloading!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#3  May 11, 2011, 05:48:30 pm
  • Kubikiri Basara
  • WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    • Brazil
    • Skype - viniciustda13
    • shinobiwars.blogspot.com/
Good Lord to not believing
has a new spawn of my powwwwwwwww
Favorite characters will look up the
kkkkkk hell to download, Thanks for the post XD     :o :o :o :o
Spoiler: Kubikiri Basara (click to see content)
#4  May 11, 2011, 06:46:07 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
This goes in Found Releases, if you didn't create this, Shady.

----

- I can reach a combo of 6 hits near the corner that does 162 damage with "x" normal attack.

- I can reach a combo of 3 hits anywhere that does 156 damage with "y" normal attack.

- Animation for "a" crouch attack feels wrong, like it skips directly to the attack.

- You lack a damage dampner. Some normal attacks combined with a special can reach high amounts of damage with really simple combos.

- The spark that appears when the projectile hits in "D,F,x/y/z" appears two times, one after the other.

- "D,B,x/y/z" does way too much damage, specially if you combo something before using it.

- "F,D,DF,x/y/z" cannot hit normal or small height opponents.

- "D,F,a/b/c" aerial special is unblockable if you're really close to the opponent when the attack is activated.

- First hit of Hellspawn Fury is unblockable, yet after the second hit, it allows you to block, making the super useless.

- If you didn't give Necroplasm Wave a slowdown effect, this move seems to make my MUGEN lag.

- Lethal Gunfire's chip damage is way too high. Reduce it. It nearly resembles the damage it does when it hits succesfully.

Nice character. Has some things that need to be improved, but it's a good release.
Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:07:44 pm by Nanashi_1337

GT

#5  May 11, 2011, 07:13:08 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
-MP has a movecontact on itself. Meaning I can do MP MP MP. CMP has a movecontact from MP, shouldn't work that way.
-LP needs less hittime. F -> LP repeat * 6
-HP Needs less recovery time or less hittime.
-On some srs, there needs to be a little more variation with the sounds. Spamming HK =  :(
-D, F, p causes 2 sparks to appear on hit (Second sparks animation cuts off early)
-Needs more Y.accel
-Landing dust FX isn't at the proper pos.
-He has such little animelemtimes that most of his aerial attacks can be spammed.
-63 hits for Necroplasm Wave... That's too many. It causes massive spark build up and hitsound spam.
-If you do the multiple consecutive "Hellchains" command at the right times you can stop your vel y from decreasing. 
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#6  May 11, 2011, 08:02:28 pm
  • Beers User!
    • Chile
    • snkmugendatabase.blogspot.com/
ohhh yeah!
downloading!

Yare Yare Daze!

2OS

#7  May 11, 2011, 09:01:21 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
#8  May 11, 2011, 09:59:39 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
My feedback from CVG
me on CVG said:
Hi.

I rarely post here, so excuse me if some of my feedback was already mentioned.  I am interested in Spawn so I couldn't pass up on this.

Anyway....

-I know it's the template you guys use, but I think his chaining is way too loose.  I would suggest tightening up a little bit, maybe making the input time just a LITTLE bit stricter, just so that you cant instantly go into another normal right in the middle of one when the animation isn't even finished.
-Hellchains looks more like it should be an aerial normal than a special, it doesn't really function like one to me either.
-Also he can cancel his flip kick into hellchains.  I don't know if you intended this but it feels weird.
-He could use some damage scaling.  It's easy to shave off almost half an opponent's health in a simple bread and butter combo.
-I think Axe Spin could use some elaboration.  Maybe have each button go at a different angle?
-Is he supposed to be able to move while doing normals?  Like Guile's f/b+medium kick?
-To be honest I don't see why he needs both a flash kick and an uppercut personally.

And for my personal cosmetic gripes
-The Samurai Shodown flame fx clash a bit, I think you should do some touching up to it so it looks more unique.
-The flame pillar IMO is too slow.  I think you should speed up the anim.
-Some of his animations look a bit choppy like they need more frames.
-The right arm (left of the artist) on his stance looks a lot smaller than his left.

There is probably a bit more I didn't touch on, but that's my own feedback.  I haven't found any bugs or anything.  Anyway, good luck.

As I said, I haven't found much else, but I have only tested him against himself.  From what I've found so far I think he needs a bit of a polish/tightening job and a bit more streamlining.

#9  May 11, 2011, 10:04:15 pm
  • Winning. <3
Cool Release but... i really wish he finished kratos first though... -_-
Love being a Raider :)

#10  May 11, 2011, 10:14:44 pm
  • Kubikiri Basara
  • WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    • Brazil
    • Skype - viniciustda13
    • shinobiwars.blogspot.com/
I think of Spawn to make ends meet seems a very good character, while Kratos and the famous char Darksiders is come by, despite there not wanting to offend people who've tried to do, so more compensation out of service pig saw kratos , did not cast any decent ... XD

:), ;D, :-\, :(, >:D
Spoiler: Kubikiri Basara (click to see content)
MY feedback from CVG
#11  May 11, 2011, 11:14:06 pm
  • AfroSamurai
  • Nothing personal. It’s just revenge.
    • Germany
Finally  ;D

great work dude.
waiting for your Dante  :sugoi:

Sprites are beautiful man but i have some suggestions:

1.He really should have his cape all the time(not that long as down+kick but he should wear his cape) i think this would look much better

2.the hyper where he punches and kicks the enemy at the end could have a final attack like smashing with his axe or a kinetic storm (green flames whatever :P) or like demitri from Darkstalker when he spins in his cape or an upward punch ( like a horyuken (dont know if i typed it wrong^^) from ryu or ken.
The hyper when he attcks with his axe looks cool when he spins the axe but the axe could be bigger (my oppinion)
And the single hard punch where he performs an uppercut could have a new animation like from collossus when he punches with two fists towards the enemy.

the specials and hypers looking cool but i think the ''normal'' attacks could use some work.
at stronk Kick he should kick with his bigger leg.the normal punches look like he has to short arms for his body and the animations for normal punches feeling like the beta version of spawn
(which it is^^).
hope you can fix that.

all in all a great char but could use some work.its only version 1.0/beta so you can change the things you dont like.i hope you dont get me wrong with so much suggestions and critics i only try to help you making a milestone for mugen because no one made a good,playable spawn before and i think i would be a pitty if there are some little things which make the users think :
;;nahhh,d*mn good sprites but gameplay is kind of very beta''

(sry for bad english im german so i hope you understand the rubbish im talking @@)

great release, looking forward to dante and Kratos and the final version of Spawn
please let me know what you think :)
#12  May 11, 2011, 11:19:10 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Oh yeah I forgot to add, that ranbu super feels and looks very out of place.  I think you should scrap it.
#13  May 11, 2011, 11:46:35 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This is a very nice effort, and the first worthy Spawn for Mugen.
Some animations are a bit choppy and could get more transition frames, but overall, great job.

I know it uses the template, and thus its FX, but to me, Spawn really comes from a dark universe, and the FX are very bright and shiny, which doesn't fit so well.
Most of what I had to say was said already. CVG Team is really improving with its latest characters.
Re: Spawn by the Arlequin and Team CVG released
#14  May 15, 2011, 10:40:45 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
- Badly clashing hitsparks.
- QCB+2P does 252, has clashing KoF FX, and has giant hitsparks.
- QCB+2K does 165 and looks weird, plus clashing FX.
- QCF+2K misses at point blank, does 276, and has giant hitsparks.
- QCB+K has absolutely no pushback.
- All 3 QCF+Ks in air are the same.
- And QCB+P.
- Same with QCB+P in air.
- DP+P misses ground opponents.
- KoF FX on QCF+P.
- Crouch (X,A,Y,Z,C), air (mash buttons), QCF+A for easy ~450 with no bar.
- QCF+2K's sounds start too early.

You know, despite this list of problems, this could be pretty good if it's all fixed up.
#15  May 16, 2011, 12:23:08 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I agree...alot of his animations need more frames, but overall I think this definitely tops that captain america edited Spawn...that one liked to freeze up mid fight

DMK

#16  May 16, 2011, 12:43:20 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Yeah, as he is now for me its fairly enjoyable, hope to see some further updates to really bring out the potential in this character. Loving the spriteing for this one overall.
#17  May 16, 2011, 12:48:50 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
it's been said Arlequin is working on his next wip...Kratos and so far he looks good
#18  May 16, 2011, 03:59:07 pm
The way he says "Get a load of this" was a little cluttered.

Anybody noticed that?
#19  May 16, 2011, 04:21:46 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm surprised that nobody has attempted to rip Spawn's Japanese voice from Soul Calibur II. That voice sounds miles ahead of what we have here. Not to say that his voice is already terrible, but I always found Japanese voices much cooler than American ones.

Case in point: I did not play Soul Calibur II in the arcades as Yoshimitsu's American voice made me want to tear my ears off....
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#20  May 16, 2011, 11:45:41 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
I'm surprised that nobody has attempted to rip Spawn's Japanese voice from Soul Calibur II. That voice sounds miles ahead of what we have here. Not to say that his voice is already terrible, but I always found Japanese voices much cooler than American ones.

Case in point: I did not play Soul Calibur II in the arcades as Yoshimitsu's American voice made me want to tear my ears off....

Got dayum weaboos. =V=
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.