YesNoOk

Sonson (Buckus style) - Update [06/16/16] (Read 65605 times)

Started by NDSilva, April 06, 2016, 11:12:21 pm
Share this topic:
Sonson (Buckus style) - Update [06/16/16]
#1  April 06, 2016, 11:12:21 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
So yeah, it ended up being a serious project after all. :ninja:

Spoiler: more screens (click to see content)

Sonson III from MvC2, inspired on Buckus' custom characters. She has everything from the source game plus some original content (a new special, a Lvl.2 Super and victory quotes). Surprisingly enough, Sonson has several anims that fits pretty well with the system mechanics like roll and parry! :laugh3:

Still thinking if it suits more in the Edits 'n Addons section, since almost everything was in some way based on FerchogtX/Ryou Win/Kong's work on MvC2 Sonson... and a couple of Buckus' previous chars of course. ;P

Video preview:

Then that's it. Comments and criticism are welcome too, what do you think about the custom stuff? Do the hi-res effects fit well even if it's not all of them? Overall, hope you enjoy!

Update (04/09/16)
  • Adjust on anims, clsns, hitdefs, and realigned some hitsparks and explods. Also a visual update on En'ou timer.

Update (5/08/16)
  • Adjusts on Seiten Rengeki, fixed the crouching strong punch comboality, added a new custom winpose.

Update (6/16/16)
  • Adjusts on clsns, hitdefs, and readjusted a velocity issue on POW if made on zoomed out stages.

DOWNLOAD

Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:09:00 am by NDSilva
Re: Sonson (Buckus style) released!
#2  April 06, 2016, 11:38:40 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Pretty solid, pretty awesome!! Thanks for this great edit Silva! :D
Re: Sonson (Buckus style) released
#3  April 07, 2016, 12:45:27 am
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
thanks for share ....... is great work and very HD
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#4  April 07, 2016, 12:57:25 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
BRUH! LET ME TRY SHIT!!!
#5  April 07, 2016, 12:58:55 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
oh nice
I need more PSN friends
#6  April 07, 2016, 01:41:00 am
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
Dang, SonSon... Where'd you find this?
#7  April 07, 2016, 05:53:56 am
  • Running thru the night

I love you man! Incredible char is incredible.

What a great day.. what a great day...
Console collection: Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, PSP, Genesis, N64, PSX. ==Next buy: Gameboy Color ==
#8  April 07, 2016, 06:13:54 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
This is pretty great, thanks for the release! Sonson is one of Capcom's most creative characters, and she doesn't usually get much attention. Very cool.
#9  April 07, 2016, 07:18:30 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Pretty cool. And you used the newest hitsparks :megusta: I will test this later. I'm flattered.
#10  April 07, 2016, 07:39:27 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I always loved Buckus characters! Thanks for making it happen.
Both of you are great!
#11  April 07, 2016, 12:05:58 pm
Very nice Buckus style char!!
I like your creations!!
#12  April 07, 2016, 01:37:40 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Really solid character here! Only found a few things I felt were kinda weird:

- Launcher (Cr. HP) doesn't combo. You can't do the standard Crouching LP > Crouching MP > Crouching HP. Was this on-purpose?

- Launcher (Cr. HK) works, but it's angled in such a weird way that you can't really air combo it (could be the distance on the hitdef).

- Can't really cancel anything after Fuusetsu Zan (which can leave you pretty unsafe on hit). You don't have to, but it would be nice if you can super cancel after it or something...

All I got so far...

Other than that, this character is really fun to play. Good stuff...
#13  April 07, 2016, 02:45:05 pm
Things I found:
- Shienbu leaves her unsafe on hit if done up close.
- Shienbu also doesn't have enough pushback
- Seiten Rengeki does too much block damage
- Seiten Rengeki doesn't hit her if she's crouching
- Seiten Rengeki doesn't have enough pushback
- Fuusetsu Zan has misaligned sparks
- Wall Walk Attack doesn't hit her if she's crouching

DW

#14  April 07, 2016, 06:31:19 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
The foundation is strong, so you're good there. She feels pretty good overall. Here's some feedback though:

-Your clsns need work. All of her attacks lack priority:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You do not want to encase every red clsn with blue. KOD has a pretty nice tutorial about this at TM you could look over. I'd also suggest looking over other authors' clsns to see how they did it. Guys like Rajaa, PotS' later works, Buckus' stuff itself for that matter, etc. Doing what you've done greatly hinders the char in question when matched up against other chars who have their attack clsns mapped correctly.

-Her projectiles are not restricted properly:

Can spam these little guys with reckless abandonment.

-The super where she turns p2 into a fruit and eats them causes debug flood:

Also, with the gourd grab special, the wind sucking in FX could be aligned better.

-I can not perform her rapid pole special without comboing into it from normals first. Or at least, it's REALLY hard to perform raw. Should just flow out like Chun-Li's rapid kicks.

-LP and MP SRK move causes the same amount of damage. This makes the MP version not really worth using, as it's not as good on recovery.

-I like how you did most of her get hits clsns. You kept them generalized, which is good. You don't want to be overly specific with it. This can cause hits to unfairly whiff on her from opponents. I found a few here though that I feel could be toned up:

Keep it nice and neat with get hits. Cover the general area of the char. Most times you don't need more than one hitbox. Try to avoid gaps in clsns as well. As seen in the 2nd pic in the spoiler above for her tripped anim.

She's pretty nice, just needs some refining. A solid release for your first time correct? Stay on top of the feedback and she'll be a great addition to anyone's roster.
#15  April 08, 2016, 05:23:34 am
    • Canada
Not to come off negative in the slightest, but I'm actually surprised how good she turned out. I fux with this Sonson. Very solid. Your hard work definitely paid off dude. I look forward to more. Keep it up!  :sugoi:
#16  April 09, 2016, 11:44:25 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Oh Sonson! How nice.

Some feedback...

- cloud riding intro... Sonson lands with her back facing p2, then she suddenly faces p2... without any turning animation

- ground throw... p2 has no get hit animation, just stands there

- missaligned hitspark on F+z

- readme is missing that you can aim the fire up/down during En'ou super

Good work so far NDSilva.
#17  April 10, 2016, 04:30:45 am
・Every Super Moves into combo,very low damage
Re: Sonson (Buckus style) - Update [04/09/16]
#18  April 10, 2016, 06:24:08 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Thanks for the comments and support everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed this edition of Sonson. :hyo:

This is pretty great, thanks for the release! Sonson is one of Capcom's most creative characters, and she doesn't usually get much attention. Very cool.
Yeah man, she rarely is mentioned in a crossover even. I still hope someday a Capcom employer decides to make a platformer game and revive the franchise in the same vein as the new Strider... :2thumbsup:

As for the feedback:

- Launcher (Cr. HP) doesn't combo. You can't do the standard Crouching LP > Crouching MP > Crouching HP. Was this on-purpose?

- Launcher (Cr. HK) works, but it's angled in such a weird way that you can't really air combo it (could be the distance on the hitdef).

- Can't really cancel anything after Fuusetsu Zan (which can leave you pretty unsafe on hit). You don't have to, but it would be nice if you can super cancel after it or something...

All I got so far...
- Yep, that's intentional, apparently she has this limit in MvC2 (can't check it right now on the PS2).
- My bad, she should have more air comboality now.
- I really can't figure out what's blocking the special canceling feature, as it seems all the coding is here. I will keep investigate it...

- Shienbu leaves her unsafe on hit if done up close.
- Shienbu also doesn't have enough pushback
- Seiten Rengeki does too much block damage
- Seiten Rengeki doesn't hit her if she's crouching
- Seiten Rengeki doesn't have enough pushback
- Fuusetsu Zan has misaligned sparks
- Wall Walk Attack doesn't hit her if she's crouching
- Made it so the light versions has less startup.
- Fixed
- Fixed
- Fixed
- Slightly adjusted
- Fixed, I hope
- Fixed

- cloud riding intro... Sonson lands with her back facing p2, then she suddenly faces p2... without any turning animation

- ground throw... p2 has no get hit animation, just stands there

- missaligned hitspark on F+z

- readme is missing that you can aim the fire up/down during En'ou super

Good work so far NDSilva.
- Wow didn't notice this, fixed
- You sure? Does it happens to all characters? Because I can't emulate the problem here.
- Fixed, I hope
- Thanks for poiting that out, readme updated

・Every Super Moves into combo,very low damage
- Damage adjusted

-Your clsns need work. All of her attacks lack priority:

You do not want to encase every red clsn with blue. KOD has a pretty nice tutorial about this at TM you could look over. I'd also suggest looking over other authors' clsns to see how they did it. Guys like Rajaa, PotS' later works, Buckus' stuff itself for that matter, etc. Doing what you've done greatly hinders the char in question when matched up against other chars who have their attack clsns mapped correctly.

-Her projectiles are not restricted properly:

Can spam these little guys with reckless abandonment.

-The super where she turns p2 into a fruit and eats them causes debug flood:

Also, with the gourd grab special, the wind sucking in FX could be aligned better.

-I can not perform her rapid pole special without comboing into it from normals first. Or at least, it's REALLY hard to perform raw. Should just flow out like Chun-Li's rapid kicks.

-LP and MP SRK move causes the same amount of damage. This makes the MP version not really worth using, as it's not as good on recovery.

-I like how you did most of her get hits clsns. You kept them generalized, which is good. You don't want to be overly specific with it. This can cause hits to unfairly whiff on her from opponents. I found a few here though that I feel could be toned up:

Keep it nice and neat with get hits. Cover the general area of the char. Most times you don't need more than one hitbox. Try to avoid gaps in clsns as well. As seen in the 2nd pic in the spoiler above for her tripped anim.
- Thanks for pointing that, readjusted her clsns so I hope it's a bit better now.
- Fixed
- Didn't even noticed that, fixed
- Wind realigned
- Shall be working now, and it also can be performed in the air as well.
- Good point, damage adjusted
- About the clsns I actually just ported the ones from FerchogtX's/Kong's and didn't really check if they were in a good state. But thanks for poiting that, they're now updated.

Link updated, by the way I did a remake on the Oozaru En'ou time bar. Check the first post.
Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:46:39 am by NDSilva
Re: Sonson (Buckus style) - Update [04/09/16]
#19  April 10, 2016, 04:09:52 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Re: Sonson (Buckus style) - Update [05/08/16]
#20  May 09, 2016, 01:19:45 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Time for a small update. Just got a quick time to play MvC2 and check it out, there's no such restriction about the c.HP if you're holding forward after a normal combo. Now that's fixed :kugoi:

Some other stuff that also got updated:

• Tweaked the coding for Seiten Rengeki so it doesn't look awkward if blocked
  • Slightly updated Kingin no Hisago's explosion sound effect
  • Added a brand new victory pose, cuz I wanted to make sure all her anims are being used and  because I thought it would be a cool reference :c00l:

Here's also a compilation with most of the updates she had until this date:

Download link remain the same, check the first post.

Man, I really don't know what's the problem with the special canceling code. I looked for everything in the files, tried to change the vars and everything should be here. But for some reason it simply doesn't activates... :bomb2: