Gameplay
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Compatibility/Variety/Versatility, etc.

Style/Features

Debated Movelist

This is really a general idea, as he is not a true WIP.
However with enough feedback, critiques, suggestions, motivation and attention, I've a strong feeling that this could quite possibly be my first character.
Feel free to comment, suggest or whatev. :)
Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:37:11 am by TRUEMicah
Re: Robin: Teen Titans Style
#2  November 21, 2011, 07:37:58 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
- Thinking about adding a "Classic Robin", "Bad Ass" Robin (Possibly Red X?), and a "Perfect Robin" (A' la Master Ryu by POTS) option
Seems to me Red X would be more suited for a whole different character, but the general idea is good.

This has always been my personal favorite of all Robins, so I love the idea.  The timing is good too, as they're going to start showing new Teen Titan shorts next year on Cartoon Network.

Since I don't use whoever it was that did that Midnight Bliss thing.....that's the one the enemy becomes a woman and/or dresses as one?  There was an episode of Teen Titans Robin was stuck wearing a dress for some time, maybe something related to that would work....(Think the episode was the one with Madame May Eye?)

If your going to do something with Zero as a base for Robin, then you'll might need his sword.  In that case, how about this sword for Robin?

Anyways, that's all I can offer about it.....would love to see this worked on.
Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:43:14 am by Llong Jjohn Killer
#3  November 21, 2011, 07:47:35 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Seems to me Red X would be more suited for a whole different character, but the general idea is good.
Yea I was thinking that also.
I was thinking color separation to his costume or something or maybe just a palette dedicated towards him.
- Maybe his projectiles would be a red palette swap with different "Red X like" properties?
- More usage of his Bo-staff?
Just some ideas... or maybe choose a different era of "badassery" for Robin?

There was an episode of Teen Titans Robin was stuck wearing a dress for some time, maybe something related to that would work....(Think the episode was the one with Madame May Eye?)
Lol, it's been a while since I've seen Teen Titans.  I wasn't too sure what I was going to do for Midnight Bliss but this is a start.
Thanks.

If your going to do something with Zero as a base for Robin, then you'll might need his sword.  In that case, how about this sword for Robin?
Hmm, he's not really based off Zero.  Like Zero however, Robin will be a rush character.  Although he will mainly use his Bo-staff, I do like the sword idea.  Maybe it'll be incorporated into a hypermove in the future...?

Anyways, that's all I can offer about it.....would love to see this worked on.
Thanks alot for your support dude.  With your interest alone, I feel motivated to do so much with this Robin.
I still need to get sprites (I may rip them myself from the game I  mentioned earlier) and sounds.  Definitely gonna pursue these ideas.

MDD

#4  November 21, 2011, 10:02:12 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Nightwing could be his "badass" mode.
#5  November 21, 2011, 10:18:33 pm
    • USA
Yea, I thought about him.
I'm not so big on Nightwing.  Never thought of him as a badass character.
I quess he's still an option though.

Edit: Any suggestions of sprite sources that can be used other than the set from Teen Titans Battle Blitz?  What are you all's thoughts of the sprites?  Do you think they look too plain?  What can be done with them if so?
Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:12:07 am by TRUEMicah
Re: Robin: Teen Titans
#6  November 22, 2011, 03:19:58 am
You can't do enough with Battle Blitz sprites, but you seem to not be able to sprite yourself, that said, I don't think this will be a pretty project. The ideas are good, but the sprites aren't there.

MDD

#7  November 22, 2011, 03:24:56 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
He could make them work. Remember, Cybaster got his Batman sprites from a CN flash game as well.
#8  November 22, 2011, 03:28:50 am
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M
You might need to edit some of the sprites. That's what Cybaster did with some of his Batman sprites.

uguu
#9  November 22, 2011, 04:43:37 am
    • USA
You can't do enough with Battle Blitz sprites, but you seem to not be able to sprite yourself, that said, I don't think this will be a pretty project. The ideas are good, but the sprites aren't there.
You remember my past attempts huh?  :P
I'll be able to work around the lack of sprites within the game, as I plan to alter necessary frames/sprites as I see fit.

I've contacted the admin of spriter's database (his brother is the only guy I've seen rip sprites from Blitz).  He''ll hopefully give me a run down on ripping these sprites.
Anyone know of any other games with similar Teen Titan animations?

*Edit: Also added a list of intended/debated features I hope to add to him. 
Take a look for yourselves and feel free to give feedback, ideas or critiques.
Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:49:33 am by TRUEMicah
#10  November 28, 2011, 01:23:20 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
One-on-One has Robin on the R-Cycle.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#11  November 28, 2011, 01:45:36 am
    • USA
I thought about implementing the R Cycle however I didn't want Robin to use the same "run over/drag opponent" tactic as the other Batman characters on Mugen.  How do you think I can implement his R Cycle without it making Robin look cheesy?
#12  November 28, 2011, 05:19:59 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Intro or Victory pose?

Intro somewhat like Cloud's entrance with Tifa, or a Victory pose in which he calls the R Cycle over, and jumps on it, riding off.
#13  November 29, 2011, 04:35:55 am
    • USA
That's an interesting idea.
I havent really planned intros/winposes for him yet but obviously more brainstorming is needed.

Also,
Ive ripped all of Robins frames from BattleBlitz.
Once I rip all of his sprites, I will share them and post his walking/jumping anims on this topic.
Hopefully by then he will become a full blown WIP.
#14  November 29, 2011, 05:47:05 am
    • USA
Funny, I've always wanted to do this with Teen Titan's Beast Boy, but couldn't due to the lack of good sprites. Good luck on this project!
#15  November 30, 2011, 01:51:01 am
    • USA
Thanks man, hopefully this project flows the way I want it to.

I thought about creating Beast Boy too but his animal morphing scared me away... :X
About those sprites I asked you about earlier, I'm using "Animget" and "Paint Shop Pro" to rip them.
Once I'm done I'm comfortable with everything, Ill def post my process and progress of work..
#16  November 30, 2011, 04:30:47 am
    • USA
Animget... Now why didn't I think of that lol. And here I thought there was a specific tool for ripping sprites from flash games.
#17  December 01, 2011, 06:02:51 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
I thought about implementing the R Cycle however I didn't want Robin to use the same "run over/drag opponent" tactic as the other Batman characters on Mugen.  How do you think I can implement his R Cycle without it making Robin look cheesy?

Keep in mind, the game probably only has the side view of the bike.

Animget... Now why didn't I think of that lol. And here I thought there was a specific tool for ripping sprites from flash games.

It's a shockwave game which is a whole different can of worms.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#18  December 01, 2011, 06:15:03 am
    • USA
Actually Animget should work just fine.
Teen Titans Battle Blitz is shockwave too.
#19  December 10, 2011, 08:30:12 am
    • USA
*Bump.
It's a good thing I didn't get a good start on this project or I'd be even more pissed.
For some reason, my Mugen folder and my Mugen folder only, was corrupted on my hard drive. :S
On the bright side I didn't finish a lot of sprites so I'm not too pissed.

Next week I may post some .gifs or something to keep you all interested.
#20  December 10, 2011, 09:19:29 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Battle Blitz? I suddenly miss Riptide. :(

Anyway just saw this, I'm interested in what you have in store.