YesNoOk

Anyone here being banned from BLACKLISTED WEBSITE for no reason at all? (Read 4340563 times)

Started by Flowrellik, June 12, 2016, 08:03:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Anyone here being banned from BLACKLISTED WEBSITE for no reason at all?
#21  June 12, 2016, 10:34:28 pm
  • Raging Fist
such a sad waste really. All those damn files, archived and easy to grasp, just to be thrown into the wolves.
#22  June 12, 2016, 10:44:25 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
It seems you've made some somewhat offensive posts in the past and received an informal warning, or rather negative reputation.

So I can only assume the mod saw you already had a bad reputation, and decided to perm you after a really bad post today.

Anyway I changed the ban for a 2 days ban, but please do not defy the moderators again in a thread where it is specifically stated that you should participate positively.

However please participate positively. Junk posting, spamming one liners, rage posting and generally negative behavior will get you banned, there will be no other warning, so be good. If you can't take this situation, kindly leave the site and come back next week, don't waste your account.

That was the warning my friend. Next time I don't think I can save your account.  :bjugoi:
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE
#23  June 12, 2016, 10:48:16 pm
  • Raging Fist
how's that even possible? I didn't even make any sort of negativity at all let alone offensive posts.
w/e. Im just glad this is being resolved. Thank you blade.
#24  June 12, 2016, 10:57:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Can you as an admin inquire what he said to be warned and banned? Seems you should have a better system than this. I don't participate in every ban as an admin but I can always find out why a ban took place and what led to it fairly quickly.
#25  June 12, 2016, 10:58:23 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
You seem to be a really cool lad, so I reduced it to 1 day, but please let's keep this between you and me.  :catgoi:

Can you as an admin inquire what he said to be warned and banned? Seems you should have a better system than this. I don't participate in every ban as an admin but I can always find out why a ban took place and what led to it fairly quickly.
Unfortunately, I can't, the post was perm deleted.
#26  June 12, 2016, 11:06:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Even if deleted your staff should know what's up.
#27  June 12, 2016, 11:09:11 pm
#28  June 12, 2016, 11:11:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You seem to be a really cool lad, so I reduced it to 1 day, but please let's keep this between you and me.  :catgoi:

Unfortunately, I can't, the post was perm deleted.
Thats nonsense.
@blade art:
 I want to know why your staff is monetizying our work and what is their planned method to compensate us and everyone that they are leeching money with.
I also want to know how why you are allowing people to get infected with viruses instead of just putting ads on the site.
#29  June 12, 2016, 11:17:31 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
Look Blade art, I think you are hiding something and if you keep this, maybe this forum will reduce its reputation like Volzilla´s MMV.
#30  June 12, 2016, 11:32:10 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
I'd rather not attract the attention of my staff on this affair. If you are an admin you should know why.

Thats nonsense.
@blade art:
 I want to know why your staff is monetizying our work and what is their planned method to compensate us and everyone that they are leeching money with.
I also want to know how why you are allowing people to get infected with viruses instead of just putting ads on the site.
1. All the money is going to the MUGEN ARCHIVE non profit organization, and is used mostly to pay the server bill or our software developers. But you should know MUGEN is too much of a niche thing to ever hope making money out of it. I don't think anybody can ever hope making money from MUGEN not even youtube or twitch, because I'm sure most of the millions of mugen videos they host hardly ever make enough views to compensate the hosting cost. It is the same for me, despite the ads, I still pay hundreds bucks monthly from my own funds.

2. To support MUGEN content developers, I've implement a donation system.
http://BLACKLISTED WEBSITE.com/forums/showthread.php?3210-New-feature-MUGEN-content-developers-support

3. And there is no malware in adfly interstitial pages. But of course don't ever click the ads, always skip them after 5 seconds with the skip button. If you're going to click on the ads, it is at your own risk, that's common sense.
#31  June 12, 2016, 11:36:34 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Ads can send you viruses without you ever clicking on them.
Having them appear can be enough for them to infect you.
Re: Anyone here being banned from === MALWARE RIDDEN SITE THAT USES ADFLY ==== for no reason at all?
#32  June 12, 2016, 11:37:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Thats simply not good enough. From now on I have added Mugen archive to the list of malware sites.

ADfly links change browser control, and as such are open to many exploits, learn to put ads on your pages and stop exploiting other persons work for profit.

Mugen archive is now banned from guild.

If you are the literal admin then you should be ashamed of pulling that on people. You literally charged them with crap so you wouldnt pay some few bucks to keep up your site.

Any attempts to circuvent the ban on linking to the site will be met appropriately.

Its over.
Re: Anyone here being banned from MALWARE RIDDEN SITE THAT USES ADFLY for no reason at all?
#33  June 12, 2016, 11:42:19 pm
Re: Anyone here being banned from === MALWARE RIDDEN SITE THAT USES ADFLY ==== for no reason at all?
#34  June 12, 2016, 11:44:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"hey guys im charging people money in order to see your links on your websites! but its for non profit! Lol, also they are all subject to getting malware from clicking these links, but its all good because its for my non profit"

Learn to own up and use actual ads, for fuck sake, having a bunch of "please expand your dong" ads is better and less shameful than this.

lui

#35  June 12, 2016, 11:44:43 pm
    • USA
I'd rather not attract the attention of my staff on this affair. If you are an admin you should know why.

thats pretty fucking dumb. mods should always have transperancy with their users regardless of the reason of the ban, if you can show that it was fair and just with the users and mods agreeing on the same level then everything is cool, but if you just say "oh he MUST have done something is its okay being banned by this mod because im sure the mod made a good lapse in judgement" and not provide any context, that can lead to abusive mod powers as any mod can just ban people left and right without any consultation between the users and other mods leading to unfair banning. its generally a scummy move.

if you know your mods are good ones than you should have nothing to worry when it comes to showing the reason behind the banning.
#36  June 12, 2016, 11:47:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Please tell me why an admin shouldn't attract the attention of his staff if a person is banned and arguing their case and you do not know exactly what led to their banning. That's not cool. What if they are abusing their power? You can't know this way.

Are single users not worth the effort to at least be told what exactly led to their bans?
#37  June 12, 2016, 11:51:40 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Gathering stuff from people still active, without their authorisation,
Then put adfly to win money from it. :)
All the shit I love.
:)
#38  June 12, 2016, 11:52:20 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
Thats simply not good enough. From now on I have added Mugen archive to the list of malware sites.

ADfly links change browser control, and as such are open to many exploits, learn to put ads on your pages and stop exploiting other persons work for profit.

Mugen archive is now banned from guild.

If you are the literal admin then you should be ashamed of pulling that on people. You literally charged them with crap so you wouldnt pay some few bucks to keep up your site.

Any attempts to circuvent the ban on linking to the site will be met appropriately.

Its over.

whatever, if you truly believe I or anybody can actually make profit from mugen then you need a reality check, mugen is a very minor thing with at most 50/60 k users at a time all around the world, this is far too small to ever hope any profit, mugen will never be a mainstream thing, and anybody can make more money by just streaming the D waving around

I've made more for mugen than any of you ever did, spent thousands bucks from my personal funds over the years to distribute millions of files, so I really don't think anybody is in a position to lecture me

good day
#39  June 12, 2016, 11:52:41 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Monetizing our stuff in that site is a complete no-no. First off, MUGEN is just a hobby. People want to share their chars and stages and whatnot WITHOUT letting their DLers go through the hassle of having to go through ads just to get a char, even if it's their own. I can't believe that someone will go beyond the limits just so the server can pay the bills. And I've seen my stuff on there for download.  Also,  banning someone and not giving a reason why is a very unprofessional move. Certainly SOMETHING had to occur in order for a user to be perma-banned. Adfly almost fucked up my laptop and I use Adblock to prevent that. I remember making an account on MUGEN Archive and after seeing THIS... I am ASHAMED of being a user there although I haven't logged in that site for years.

I've made more for mugen than any of you ever did, spent thousands bucks from my personal funds over the years to distribute millions of files, so I really don't think anybody is in a position to lecture me

good day
Tsk tsk tsk... there is one thing about what you said... you can NEVER make more stuff for MUGEN than anyone else. Not even I can make more stuff for the engine than anyone else. You don't even know of the millions of MUGENites that made stuff but hasn't released it yet.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:56:49 pm by DarkWolf13
#40  June 12, 2016, 11:53:03 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
You're an asshole.