YesNoOk

How much it cost to commission someone to edit a MVC character into CVS style? (Read 9415 times)

Started by YukitoHirai680, May 11, 2024, 10:54:36 pm
How much it cost to commission someone to edit a MVC character into CVS style?
#1  May 11, 2024, 10:54:36 pm
    • USA
Hi, I'm working on trying to make a Capcom vs SNK mugen game. I want to add Leon Kennedy and Jill Valentine from Resident Evil and Hayato Kanzaki from Star Gladiator. The chars I have for them are MVC chars and I was hoping to get those three edited so they fit into the Capcom vs SNK gameplay (such as not jumping high in the air).

How much would it cost to get them tweaked so they play as CVS characters?
Re: How much it cost to commission someone to edit a MVC character into CVS style?
#2  May 12, 2024, 07:22:50 pm
Let's see...
I saw your post in the bounty thread too, but keep in mind this is the Graphics section (just sprites, pictures, etc.).

I don't know how much people charge for character coding, but I do know Warusaki7 made a Hayato character in CvS style (with grooves and all). I bet there's a Jill Valentine character with CvS gameplay too, maybe Warusaki made her too. No Leon Kennedy I recall now, unfortunately.

As for sprites, yeah, you asked the right place, given people respond here... but lately less people have been inclined to convert entire spritesets from one style to another, so you'll have to make do with what's available.
Re: How much it cost to commission someone to edit a MVC character into CVS style?
#3  May 12, 2024, 07:41:35 pm
    • USA
Thank you

Yeah, that is kinda where I am right now (with the whole making the best of what's available). Most of the characters in my SNK vs Capcom is taken from other mugen games. I will check out the available CVS chars for Hayato and Jill. If they work, then its just Leon I'll have to worry about.
#4  May 13, 2024, 11:38:24 pm
    • USA
Thank you AlexSin

I found cvs char for Hayato and Jill and they work fine. If it is important to mention, none of the characters in my CVS have grooves; I'm not looking to do the groove system.

I do have a couple of questions.

The only issue I have with both chars is that they are smaller than they should (most other characters in my CVS are bigger than those two). In terms of getting them resized so they could be the same size as the other characters, would the Graphics section be the right place to ask to get both chars resized?

Lastly, as for MVC Leon, his moveset is fine but I just don't want him to have the MVC high jump where he jumps so high in the air and does combos (like other MVC characters). In terms of editing out the very high jump, would the Graphics be the right place to ask someone or would somewhere else be better?
#5  May 14, 2024, 03:34:45 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Why is this topic in Graphics section if it's a request of stuff to be made and/or about coding?

You can change the size without touching them in mspaint, photoshop, etc, but using code(I don't remember if it's in the cns or what).

Please, talk to an admin, so this topic can go to the correct section.

And feel welcome to ask for help! :)
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6  May 14, 2024, 04:44:21 am
    • USA
My apologies, I'm a newer member of this site, so I'm still trying to familiarize myself with it.

I posted this in graphics because I remember reading that if I wanted to commission for a character then this section would be the place. At this point, I honestly don't know where else to post this and I don't think I can personally talk to an admin because I haven't met the 10 post minimum yet.
#7  May 14, 2024, 12:39:25 pm
Why is this topic in Graphics section if it's a request of stuff to be made and/or about coding?
[...]
Please, talk to an admin, so this topic can go to the correct section.

I'm a moderator here, I told you in the report it's okay if it stays here because he's asking for informations and he's not requesting stuff to be made. So it stays here. End of story.

My apologies, I'm a newer member of this site, so I'm still trying to familiarize myself with it.

I posted this in graphics because I remember reading that if I wanted to commission for a character then this section would be the place. At this point, I honestly don't know where else to post this and I don't think I can personally talk to an admin because I haven't met the 10 post minimum yet.
You asked things properly. Only the coding stuff would need to be posted elsewhere, but since you asked about sprites too, it's fine.

Thank you AlexSin

I found cvs char for Hayato and Jill and they work fine. If it is important to mention, none of the characters in my CVS have grooves; I'm not looking to do the groove system.

I do have a couple of questions.

The only issue I have with both chars is that they are smaller than they should (most other characters in my CVS are bigger than those two). In terms of getting them resized so they could be the same size as the other characters, would the Graphics section be the right place to ask to get both chars resized?

Lastly, as for MVC Leon, his moveset is fine but I just don't want him to have the MVC high jump where he jumps so high in the air and does combos (like other MVC characters). In terms of editing out the very high jump, would the Graphics be the right place to ask someone or would somewhere else be better?
Well, CvS has grooves so I guessed you would want those, but lately people associate CvS with PotS style or styles inspired by it, so I should have thought of that.
Right now you're asking for coding, the graphics section isn't for coding, so you would need to ask those in here: https://mugenguild.com/forum/m-u-g-e-n-development-help.315

Now, let's keep this topic only for sprite related questions.
Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 12:46:16 pm by AlexSin
#8  May 14, 2024, 05:27:38 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
About coding, what AlexSin said, much of the actual MvC-to-CvS were untouched sprites with changed FX and gameplay, so if you want help in that case, look up into Development Help.

Now, about sprites, you should base on SNK chars converted into Capcom style (and in Capcom side, only the new ones like Ryu, Ken, Chun-li, M.Bison and Akuma) and see the type of shading and proportions they have, which are different from MvC that follows SFA series and pre-MvC games (XCOTA, MSH and the first 2 vs. before MvC1).

About your suggestions, Leon Kennedy is OK since it was edited from CvS Kyo as base, but in the case of Jill and Hayato that were made for MvC2, the first thing is to resize them manually into 3:2 (not via MUGEN Data section but in an image editor) and then remake the shading to make them more as in CvS. Try to study the sprites and see how you can edit to make more CvS and less MvC ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#9  May 16, 2024, 11:25:47 pm
    • USA
Sorry that the reply is a little late. Thank you AlexSin and Basara Lapis for the advice. I'll post the coding request in the development help forum. One last question so I understand going forward, if I requested help for screenpacks (as in making a custom screenpack), would I post that under development help forum as well?
#10  May 17, 2024, 12:12:22 am
    • USA
One last thing to Basara Lapis, as for Jill and Hayato, the chars I'm using seem to look the CVS style. So, thankfully I don't think I have to worry about that.
#11  May 17, 2024, 10:58:59 pm
Jill and Hayato don't have CvS sprites though, but if you feel they look fine with the other characters, then :thumbsup:
for the screenpack question, yes, either that or Mugen Configuration Help. Read the description of the two sub-categories and you should be able to know which one to use. I would suggest the latter.