YesNoOk

Superbowl LI (Read 4309 times)

Started by DNZRX768, February 06, 2017, 04:51:46 am
Share this topic:
Superbowl LI
#1  February 06, 2017, 04:51:46 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/sports/super-bowl-score-patriots-falcons.html?_r=0

So, the Superbowl ended with New England Patriots beating the Atlanta Falcons in a really amazing comeback victory (the Patriots were trailing by 25 points at one time and much of that hole was filled in the last quarter of the game) that went into overtime (the first ever in Superbowl history).

Also, Lady Gaga hosted the Halftime show, which I think was pretty amazing (better than the sub-standard one we have gotten last year).

What is everyone's reaction to this game?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
Re: Superbowl LI
#2  February 06, 2017, 11:31:09 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I dont watch football but this game had me entertained after hall time,
First half was shit, the patriots couldn't catch any balls or deal with ATL
Defense. Then 3 ATL players got hurt and the patriots came back wtf was that?
lol
#3  February 06, 2017, 11:40:39 am
  • Passing Through
I am genuinely sick of everyone on Twitter politicizing the results.
#4  February 06, 2017, 01:28:44 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
What is there to politicize about the results?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#5  February 06, 2017, 01:37:10 pm
    • USA
Some people are arguing it was rigged.
#6  February 06, 2017, 02:27:36 pm
I don't watch the NFL anymore because I don't like their stupid commissioner, who thinks slightly under-inflating footballs deserves a harsher punishment than punching a woman in an elevator, among other things.

Yesterday was the one exception I made. Seeing him get relentlessly booed on some Roman Reigns shit was easily the sweetest moment I've seen in the last 5 years or so. Having to give the trophy to Brady or Belichick would been perfect but ah well. Game itself was cool too, stupid late game playcalls from Atlanta is why they lost. Prevent defense never won anything.
Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:30:53 pm by Niitris

GLB

#7  February 06, 2017, 02:53:00 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
I'm surprised the pats came back like that. In the first few quarters the falcs were up, went grocery shopping and came back to the pats winning, overtime had me sweating too. Didn't watch the halftime show, missed it going out but I heard it was pretty good.
#8  February 07, 2017, 05:31:53 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Super Bowl LI will always be remember for me as: Atlanta Falcons suffering the WORST choke ever in the history of Super Bowl.

How can you spare New England with 15 minutes still on the clock!? You simply cannot do that to the Patriots (as much as I hate them).

If this doesn't cement Matt Ryan era Falcons as chokers in the playoffs, I don't know what else will... until they win a Super Bowl, they'll be doomed to stick with that reputation.

Prevent defense never won anything.

This is why I never liked Prevent defense, it opens a window for a comeback, if they have kept pressuring Brady like they did ALL the first part, they would have won easily. Brady is a pocket QB. :/
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.