YesNoOk

My Little Pony Fighting game (Read 145620 times)

Started by Loona, June 02, 2011, 02:04:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: My Little Pony Fighting game
#361  February 10, 2013, 12:36:20 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Said last night, Mane6 should go tell Hasbro that they'd actually finished but have pulled everything off line. They should then quietly finish the game, and "accidentally leak" it via some random forum under a spoofed IP. Hasbro can then get fucked. Mane6 won't exist as an entity, the page won't be online, they can simply claim hackery.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#362  February 10, 2013, 01:38:29 am
    • Germany
As far as I've seen from things like this, where the projects get a lot of attention, companies tend to wait until they're about to be released to send the C+Ds.  Not that it's the reason why, but it is a trend I've noticed.

Square did the same thing with some Fan Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy projects, they waited until the projects where almost completed before they did someting about it.
#363  February 10, 2013, 08:33:06 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Youtube automatically add ads onto videos above a particular view count.  Mane6 can't be at fault for that.
Rumour i heard was that manenumber were attempting a deal with gamestop.
Gamestop pays per game download for things hosted only at their site, even free games.   

#364  February 10, 2013, 10:22:50 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ok, these rumors are looking to have been made by some dick that hates MLP and wanted to fool Hasbro into believing it so they could send the C&D.

DMK

#365  February 10, 2013, 11:43:55 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Thats what I would go with. For its numerous fans, it has many haters. Could you imagine though, if Hasbro went along with this tastefully done game and worked out a partnership of sorts they may have a chance of rolling in some freaking moneh. Just look at the donation drive for it just to APPEAR at a gaming tournament. Lost opportunity man and even more so when it comes to the people eating this show up and the relationship between them.
#366  February 10, 2013, 12:35:18 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
Why would they think it would be a good idea publicly endorse a game so disparate from the cartoon? They make plenty of money already by selling merchandise that they can aim towards everybody at once. I mean, the C&D sucks for the people who've put such effort into the project, but even before this I never thought it would be officially sponsored or anything.

DMK

#367  February 10, 2013, 12:43:57 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Because video games are a huge market, my point about the donations themselves towards Evo spot and maybe not every fan of the show has the guts to walk into a walmart and buy themself those things, even consider having them delivered? A decent game, a fighting game no less would be a good thing from them everyway. Their loss on another potential market which would of been endorsed by a community.
#368  February 13, 2013, 05:56:22 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
so there's a hacked version of fighting is magic around with extra stages, 4 playable characters and arcade mode.

i'll just say i saw it at /mlp/

i also hope mane6 to be smart enough to take lauren faust's offer to create new characters or them so their whole work doens't go to waste. i can't wait to play my little alpaca: fighting is magic (some one will release a pony hack later anyway)
#369  February 13, 2013, 06:15:52 am
    • Puerto Rico
They don't really need Lauren's offer for new OCs, they can just make their own.
Besides, they pretty much most of their figthing engine done, they can just tweak it a bit and spriteswap everything else.
#370  February 13, 2013, 06:26:38 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
of course they don't need it. but the point is that lauren faust herself is offering them to create new oc's for their game

if you and your mates were making a marvel-based game and received a c&d letter from marvel and jack kirby (assuming he was still alive) offered to create new character for you will you just decline saying "no thanks i can make my own" or take on his fucking offer?
#371  February 13, 2013, 08:46:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
no thanks, I can make my own.
#372  February 13, 2013, 09:04:06 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
You'd say that to JACK FUCKING KIRBY?
#373  February 13, 2013, 09:23:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
Of course.
I don't want to be remembered as that guy that had somebody else as a crutch for his work.
#374  February 13, 2013, 09:26:05 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Dude, it's Jack Kirby!

There is no shame in accepting help from the King of fucking comics.
#375  February 13, 2013, 09:42:17 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm sure there isn't, but what will that prove?
That I can't be creative on my own and need the help of some legend just to make my work good?

But then again, now that I think about it, it does look like you need some kind of legend backing you up just to be successful nowadays, so I guess there's that.
#376  February 13, 2013, 03:28:26 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
IF YOUR PRIMARY WORK IS NOT DESIGN

DON'T DESIGN IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO
#377  February 13, 2013, 04:38:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
As far as I've seen from things like this, where the projects get a lot of attention, companies tend to wait until they're about to be released to send the C+Ds.  Not that it's the reason why, but it is a trend I've noticed.

There is no point on wasting lawyers when the projects are most likely gonna implode, that is why only projects that have a chance to get finished get lawyers.

I'm sure there isn't, but what will that prove?
That I can't be creative on my own and need the help of some legend just to make my work good?
what creative were you being ? you were already making a marvel game !
#378  February 15, 2013, 05:01:31 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:06:00 am by RicePidove
#379  February 15, 2013, 05:11:51 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
how the fuck can you make nude ponies look hot

you bronies are the fucking worst
#380  February 15, 2013, 05:24:24 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Jack Thompson, a vocal critic during the Hot Coffee controversy, said today, “I see no problem with the mode actually. I can guarantee only grown men over the age of 30 are playing this game so there’s no harm done.”

Golden.