YesNoOk

MUGEN AMALGAMATION GAME (Read 5820 times)

Started by HYMN, September 26, 2023, 09:51:32 pm
MUGEN AMALGAMATION GAME
#1  September 26, 2023, 09:51:32 pm
    • USA
A GREAT GAME WOULD BE AN AMALGAMATION OF CHARACTERS FROM TWO (OR MORE) FIGHTING GAME FRANCHISES, MUCH LIKE WHAT "DC" AND "MARVEL" HAVE ALREADY DONE..!

I'M NOT MAKING THIS MYSELF AND INSTEAD PASSING THIS ALONG TO SOMEONE WHO MAY INSTEAD BE INTERESTED!

MK + SF, MK + KI, VF + TEKKEN, SAMURAI SHOWDOWN + SOUL CALIBUR, RIVAL SCHOOLS + LAST BRONX AND BLOODY ROAR + FIGHTING EX LAYER ARE ONLY A FEW EXAMPLES!
Re: MUGEN AMALGAMATION GAME
#2  September 26, 2023, 09:59:29 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
uhm you can always check out versus style debuts,its using every character from every possible franchise in a mvc format
here's our server and gameplay vids

https://discord.gg/f69qdYGq
#3  September 26, 2023, 10:16:52 pm
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
I should note that the roster in this video isn't the current public build since the game is still a WIP and the mini update will update the roster to 100 characters. So characters like Hawkman and Beta Ray Bill aren't available in the current build atm.
#4  September 26, 2023, 11:55:03 pm
    • USA
#5  September 27, 2023, 12:36:25 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
It sounds like a cool idea on paper but you do have to remember that not every fighting game franchise is on DBZ/comic book levels of power possibilities and not only would body fusions just be out of place for the franchise itself but not every fusion would actually work out in the long run.

For example let's imagine if VF vs Tekken got that sort of treatment. The first fusion that would probably come to mind would be Akira fusing with Jin or Kazuya - an average and honest martial arts teacher seeking self-improvement fusing with evil martial arts kingpins with devil genes and electric powers? There would be a lot of internal conflict on who gets actual control, and I doubt any neurotypical person on the planet would be able to imagine someone like Akira getting the devil gene and firing lasers from his eyes (they did turn his palm stun combo into a ketchup laser in DBFC but I doubt that counts). Lore is different between the two as well. Tekken has entire bloodline and corporation conflicts, reawakening ancient deities without even realizing it, Russian robot armies, and even World War III, and VF has... Jeffry trying to get everyone to help him catch a great white shark from Hell. That's it. It just doesn't really work.

The fusions would probably need entirely new spritesets to work, as well. It takes a lot of time to sprite, and even code, new characters from the ground up, so it wouldn't be completely readily available as soon as someone announces they're doing it. It's an ugly job, but it'd have to be done to make it work as well as you'd want, and some may find converting the pre-existing characters as they are to be less effort. I'm not good with either so I wouldn't be able to do such things myself. I hate being the idea guy but at the same time I don't think I'd be able to actually pay people for cool things. I don't even have a job.