YesNoOk

Retro Gaming Attacks (Read 3372 times)

Started by Creamy_Goodness, October 02, 2023, 10:05:08 am
Retro Gaming Attacks
#1  October 02, 2023, 10:05:08 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread in the right forum, but here goes. Recently, I've decided to make a major change in the moveset of my Creamy Goodness character. Instead of having moves that are based on various types of candy, his moves will now be based on retro video games. Here are the game based moves I have planned for him so far...

- Special Attacks...
-   - Arm Cannon (name may change) - Creamy puts on a Mega Man arm cannon, then fires a number of bullets at his opponent.
-   - Dragon Punch (name may change) - A Ryu/Ken style rising uppercut.

- Super Attacks...
-   - Charge Shot (name may change) - Creamy puts on a Mega Man arm cannon, charges his energy in the arm cannon for a certain amount of time while his body glows a bright orange color, then releases a large energy ball which travels horizontally towards the opponent.
-   - Super Dragon Punch (name may change) - Creamy does an uppercut that pops his opponent up into the air, and then does a number of Dragon Punches.
-   - ULTIMATE - Tetromino Torrent - The action pauses while Creamy pulls out a classic Game Boy and a Game Boy pling plays. The game then unpauses, and 20 Tetrominoes fall from the sky at one quarter second intervals, starting at random horizontal locations. The Tetrominoes fall straight down and spin on the way down, some clockwise, some counter-clockwise.

- Alternate State: Konami Komando - Creamy enters his special state by getting out an NES wireless controller, and entering Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, and then A. The button presses are displayed at the top of the screen as they're entered.

- What's missing...
-   - Additional special attacks
-   - HP and HK throws
-   - Power charge

- I'm considering including a Sonic The Hedgehog type Spin Dash, but I don't yet know how or even if I'd implement that.

> Does anyone here have any other ideas for retro gaming based moves? I don't really need too many more, but I could use all the suggestions I can get.
= = = = = = = = = =
Jason "Creamy Goodness" Tenn
http://creamyg.jdluke.com/
Re: Retro Gaming Attacks
#2  October 02, 2023, 10:10:20 am
    • USA
I don't know if this helps but maybe you can brainstorm these ideas with ChatGPT.