YesNoOk

Street Fighter All-Stars : Feng Shui Edition (Read 5663 times)

Started by RagingRowen, July 23, 2024, 05:13:21 pm
Share this topic:
Street Fighter All-Stars : Feng Shui Edition
#1  July 23, 2024, 05:13:21 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Main Changes:
- Four New Fighters: Juri, Cody, Sakura, and Blanka
- New Stages
- PotS' Attack Data Display for Training Mode added.
- Added fighter stats to the Select screen.
- New Round/Fight/KO Animation.
- New Super FX.
- Many balance adjustments.
- New Rage Arts for Akuma and Charlie Nash.

More can be found in the "Anniversary Edition Changes" text file.

I plan to make a release trailer in not too long, so stay tuned for that.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yqUkYpEpZSZ-Szh8TbWhGHkyipIcjLbT/view?usp=sharing

Anniversary Edition:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/street-fighter-allstars-anniversary-edition-196477.0.html

MUGEN Original:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/street-fighter-allstars-version-1-05-195809.0.html
WIP Schedule:
Most likely my next full-game
Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 02:09:17 pm by RagingRowen
Re: Street Fighter All-Stars : Feng Shui Edition
#2  July 23, 2024, 08:06:35 pm
HUD gets disabled in Ryu vs Ken arcade match in round 2.
#3  July 23, 2024, 08:51:32 pm
    • UK
HUD gets disabled in Ryu vs Ken arcade match in round 2.

Hmmm.... I've had an experience with HUD disablage at one point while testing, but couldn't pin-point the reasoning.
WIP Schedule:
#4  July 23, 2024, 11:02:28 pm
    • Netherlands
Grats on the release RR!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#5  July 24, 2024, 01:10:44 am
#6  July 24, 2024, 01:45:41 am
    • UK
Aight, I pinpointed the problem with the dialogue in record time.

Hotfix uploaded. Same link as before.
WIP Schedule:
#7  July 24, 2024, 09:47:00 pm
Dan vs Blanka has the same issue. I recommend checking every pre-battle intro dialogue (except Ryu vs Sakura, that one works fine) for this error.
#8  July 25, 2024, 12:59:06 am
    • UK
I see how it is.

Another hotfix has been uploaded. I fixed all the instances I could find, so let me know if I still missed one.
WIP Schedule:
#9  July 25, 2024, 02:10:57 pm
    • UK
Bumping to announce yet another hotfix which patches out an infinite discovered for Sakura with Shunpukyaku, plus a (late) release trailer in the first post for y'all to check out.
WIP Schedule:
#10  July 26, 2024, 02:50:13 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
When is the hotfix coming?
#11  July 26, 2024, 11:43:31 am
    • UK
When is the hotfix coming?

I've done a fair few hotfixes, actually. Here's the summary from the change log in the currently uploaded version:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
WIP Schedule:
#12  July 26, 2024, 12:17:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thanks for it!!!
#13  July 26, 2024, 03:08:29 pm
    • UK
This is out of the blue but I know it's easy for people to criticize the game (namely in YouTube comments) because of the copy-paste nature of it.
This is understandable, because there is varying quality and style in the characters that were used (Batsu and Alex were originally Infinite style, and the other are PotS, and Retsu was originally his own style by LESSARD).
It's easy to judge the sprite inconsistency too since we still don't have top-notch CvS style sprite sets for the Alpha characters like Guile and Sagat. As much as I'd love to get new and good sprites for them, it's the best I am gonna get and the inconsistency is probably going to get even more noticeable with my next project. That's just the MUGEN way.

This is of course my first full-game project, and it was easier to just edit existing characters and convert them to the game's system while making adjustments here and there. It was also easier to keep the system rather simple, being limited to EX Moves, Parries, and Rage Moves.

My next full-game is definitely going to be more long-term. I'll be making up a template with the mechanics and such, and then bringing the characters into it.

I'd like to thank y'all for the support on this game over the years, and I hope y'all are gonna look forward to my next project. as I'm surprised it hasn't been a MUGEN (or IKEMEN) game yet.
WIP Schedule:
#14  July 29, 2024, 02:31:59 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Does this mean Street Fighter All-Stars' support is ceasing?
#15  July 29, 2024, 09:53:33 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
NO, MAN, NO.
- Copy-paste? My ass. You could have used the original work of some authors, but you edited it to try having something cohesive. Also, having different styles is something we've kinda seen in games as Tekken 7(classic fighters vs power bar characters), so this should not discourage you. NO, MY FRIEND, NO.
- Sprite Inconsistency: Who are critizicing this? People whose names are not know in the community, or 13 YO children who doesn't know how hard is to code or sprite. These lazy bitches children should stick their tongue somewhere under their back or learn to code or sprite properly to AT LEAST having a glimpse of the hard work and the time you spent doing this FOR FREE for the whole community.

Also, comments as "Juri, Cody and Sakura are not new in SF", BITCH THEY'RE NEW TO THIS PROJECT.Everyone knows about them.

As said, useless lazy cunts who only knows to complain because they want something free with the quality of a paid game. They're useless. Don't pay attention to those comments and keep the good work!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#16  July 29, 2024, 04:27:35 pm
    • UK
Does this mean Street Fighter All-Stars' support is ceasing?

For the most part yeah. I'll still do a quick hotfix for two if more issues are reported.

NO, MAN, NO.
- Copy-paste? My ass. You could have used the original work of some authors, but you edited it to try having something cohesive. Also, having different styles is something we've kinda seen in games as Tekken 7(classic fighters vs power bar characters), so this should not discourage you. NO, MY FRIEND, NO.
- Sprite Inconsistency: Who are critizicing this? People whose names are not know in the community, or 13 YO children who doesn't know how hard is to code or sprite. These lazy bitches children should stick their tongue somewhere under their back or learn to code or sprite properly to AT LEAST having a glimpse of the hard work and the time you spent doing this FOR FREE for the whole community.

Also, comments as "Juri, Cody and Sakura are not new in SF", BITCH THEY'RE NEW TO THIS PROJECT.Everyone knows about them.

As said, useless lazy cunts who only knows to complain because they want something free with the quality of a paid game. They're useless. Don't pay attention to those comments and keep the good work!

Yeah, you don't really know how tough it is to make a high-quality character or full-game until you try yourself.
I teased it in your DMs, but the next game is surely gonna have Hi-res vs Low-res sprites, which is why I put some emphasis on it in the post.
WIP Schedule: