geometry wars?
#1  December 08, 2007, 04:41:15 am
    • Germany
anyone played it yet?

read the review on ign - worth the time? :thinking:
Re: geometry wars?
#2  December 08, 2007, 05:17:04 am
    • Peru
Uh... Wii, I guess? No, but I played it for the DS. Everyone says is addictive, but not for me. Fun indeed, but not as much as the reviews say.
Re: geometry wars?
#3  December 09, 2007, 12:00:10 am
  • corner push pusher
I have Geometry Wars: Galaxies for the DS. It's pretty good, considering how much easier it is to blast objects away with a stylus than pressing the XYAB buttons (each button on the DS represents which way you wanna kill stuff). You can still play the original Retro Evolved or play a slew of levels, each one having about three or four "planets" to visit.

The whole purpose is to blast away symetric-looking objects, black holes, pinwheel-like blocks, "snakes," etc (do a google image search on the enemies to see what I mean) on a grid. Out of all the enemies, the repulsors have to be the biggest pain - they're main goal is to kill you kamikaze-style...and they come without warning. Anyway, when you blast away objects they leave behind gold Geoms (money), which you can use to open up more levels, and better attributes.

Attributes include attack, defend, snipe, sweep, ram, turret, and bait. They work like the familiars in Castlevania SoTN: the more you use them, the more exp they gain, thus the more useful they become.

It also has an unlockable level that you can only get if you have the Wii version (standard way at getting more money from us gamers). All in all, I think the DS version is pretty good. I haven't played the Wii version, but if I had to guess the remote ctrl on the Wii would serve better at blowing stuff up than a stylus.