YesNoOk

I am making my own indie game. (Read 1269 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, June 18, 2024, 06:06:16 am
Share this topic:
I am making my own indie game.
#1  June 18, 2024, 06:06:16 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Hey, guys. Long time, no talk. So this has been in the works since 2018 (I believe), but I am officially making my own original indie game. Now, in this game, you play as a dragon named Kaji, who is on a personal journey to find his parents and home. He ends up joining with a group of bounty hunters and partners up with a fairy in hopes that he'll get to where he needs to go, and joins them on various bounty hunting missions and adventures.

Here's some concept art of Kaji himself, some of the side characters, some weapons, and an enemy he and the other hunters will be fighting.

Here is also a sprite of Kaji himself. This is part of a size and detail experiment me and the artist are conducting.

Now this game is going to be pretty big. Not AAA big, but pretty big. It's a 2D side scroller platformer with a combo system inspired by Marvel vs. Capcom and Devil May Cry, along with a skill-based experience points system, Beat-em-Up sections, world maps inspired by Super Mario Bros, and a continent map inspired by Secret of Mana and Demon’s Crest.

Now, how am I funding this monstrosity of a game? Well, it's mostly coming from my own paychecks. I have a Patreon, but no one seems to be interested in donating. That might change, however, as I do have some big plans for the Patreon. If you're interested in taking a look, my Patreon is right here: https://patreon.com/RDC17?utm_medium=unknown&utm_source=join_link&utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator&utm_content=copyLink

I am quite determined to get this game made and released. My hope is that I get some more sprites made and have a standard engine ready by sometime this year or next year, depending on my circumstances.
Re: I am making my own indie game.
#2  June 19, 2024, 06:50:15 pm
    • USA

Got some more sprites done. Their designs are bound to change, hence why I didn't show their concept art. However, these will be used as references for when we animate them.
#3  June 20, 2024, 03:37:26 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
It is always nice to see new game projects and even more so when they are personal and original concepts. I think the important thing in these cases is to be as constant as possible and move slowly.
By the way, these sprites look promising.  :thumbsup:
#4  June 25, 2024, 03:47:23 am
    • USA
It is always nice to see new game projects and even more so when they are personal and original concepts. I think the important thing in these cases is to be as constant as possible and move slowly.
By the way, these sprites look promising.  :thumbsup:

I appreciate that. I spent a lot of money on those sprites and I've spent months trying to come up with an art style for the game.