YesNoOk

Akira (sprites by Rabano), Ryu and Iori updated (20/02/2024) (Read 34875 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, February 15, 2024, 09:50:27 pm
Share this topic:
Akira (sprites by Rabano), Ryu and Iori updated (20/02/2024)
#1  February 15, 2024, 09:50:27 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Huge shout outs to Rabano for spriting her out of nowhere ;D he is the real MVP.

Iori updated.
Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)

Ryu updated.

Akira updated.
Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 12:35:32 am by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Akira (sprites by Rabano) released, Iori and Ryu updated (16/02/2024)
#2  February 16, 2024, 12:41:33 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just a small minor error I discovered right away on Ryu's update. When you inverted his big portrait, it's now completely off-centered as the x axis is 119 instead of 0.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#3  February 16, 2024, 03:51:58 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
That skulls effect looks great!
Also really impressed by how fluid the animation are in general, base on the gif.
Excited to test her out!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#4  February 16, 2024, 05:04:51 am
    • USA
Just thought I'd leave some feedback on Akira (as well as Iori) here.

Akira
-Liedown hurtbox is awfully low to the ground

you might want to raise the height of it to match that of DeathScythe's Sakura or so , as I've noticed this happens with knuckles8864's Yamazaki: https://streamable.com/kwwv1a

-Aside from a corner only link I've found there doesn't seem to be much practical use to Airborne EX Kiko Kai (especially given it does the same damage as HP version, which you can cancel into from j.MP for free, granted unless there's something I'm missing here). Also correct me if I'm wrong, but Kaihosho's follow-ups can only be done if you've comboed into Kaihosho from HP; was this intentional?

-Readme says that HP launches for a juggle reset, did you actually mean the command launcher or is this just an error?

-Just a suggestion, maybe omit the latter part of "Hit by Apple for You" as the apple kinda ends up awkwardly floats there when Akira "holds it" to her chest, again just a suggestion.

Iori
-victory quotes 2 and 7 have typos (the ";" put after "Congratulations" in victory7 causes the rest of the quote to not display)

-Kotosuki In refuses to transition into its attack portion of the move on certain wide characters (ex. Victorys' Juggernaut) while they're standing in addition to an odd interaction with Yami Sogi: https://streamable.com/9s64i9

-EX Yami Burai has a reflection/shadow upon being destroyed (EX Mode)

-Not really attributed to Iori himself but Claw (Vega) doesn't do his part of the special intro upon initially loading the match (only on reload)

-Finally Iori is missing a sprite for "Hit by Hammer Throw"

Apologies for the large amount of feedback, just thought this stuff should be mentioned.

Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 06:05:00 am by LohrFF0rt
#5  February 16, 2024, 03:46:58 pm
    • Germany
Just a small minor error I discovered right away on Ryu's update. When you inverted his big portrait, it's now completely off-centered as the x axis is 119 instead of 0.
Fixed. Thanks for the report!
That skulls effect looks great!
Also really impressed by how fluid the animation are in general, base on the gif.
Excited to test her out!
Yeah, Rabano did an impressive job. Thanks for the support :]
Akira
-Liedown hurtbox is awfully low to the ground

you might want to raise the height of it to match that of DeathScythe's Sakura or so , as I've noticed this happens with knuckles8864's Yamazaki: https://streamable.com/kwwv1a
Dang, I wanted to transition into using CvS2 lie down hurtboxes, but I'll have to match the standard. Fixed.

-Aside from a corner only link I've found there doesn't seem to be much practical use to Airborne EX Kiko Kai (especially given it does the same damage as HP version, which you can cancel into from j.MP for free, granted unless there's something I'm missing here).
The usage of EX Kiko Kai is a bit limited yeah. His main usage over regular version is in conjunction with j.MP as Instant Overhead, which leads into a combo. I took away the ability to hit crouchers with iOH j.MP because it skewed the character towards rushing the opponent down instead of playing footsies.

There's genuine utility on this cancel tho, as a way to punish throws:

https://streamable.com/8hh37r

Even then; I recognize that I may have been a little too conservative with this move, and with other moves. I wanted to make Akira less flow-charty and it might have been for her own detriment.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but Kaihosho's follow-ups can only be done if you've comboed into Kaihosho from HP; was this intentional?
This is intentional.

-Readme says that HP launches for a juggle reset, did you actually mean the command launcher or is this just an error?
Oh, its HP Senshubu. I'll change the description as not only is ambiguous that way but also doesn't explain that the juggle reset is on the second hit.

-Just a suggestion, maybe omit the latter part of "Hit by Apple for You" as the apple kinda ends up awkwardly floats there when Akira "holds it" to her chest, again just a suggestion.
That's actually hardcoded on BBH. I forgot to tell Jmorphman that Akira had compatibility for him to make the needed adjustments.

Iori
-victory quotes 2 and 7 have typos (the ";" put after "Congratulations" in victory7 causes the rest of the quote to not display)
The typo on quote 2 is "fall in the flames"? Being fall *into* the flames the correct sentence?
Great catch on victory7, didn't even knew that ; could affect inside the victory quotes.

-Kotosuki In refuses to transition into its attack portion of the move on certain wide characters (ex. Victorys' Juggernaut) while they're standing in addition to an odd interaction with Yami Sogi: https://streamable.com/9s64i9
I'll start to using P2BodyDist X for the detection of Kototsuki In. It will fix the problem with wider characters in general; I hope it doesn't mess anything else in the process.
Regarding Yami Sogi: I can't believe this bug still haunts me. Fixed, this time hopefully for good.

-EX Yami Burai has a reflection/shadow upon being destroyed (EX Mode)
Fixed.

-Not really attributed to Iori himself but Claw (Vega) doesn't do his part of the special intro upon initially loading the match (only on reload)
Fixed. Updated the patch.

-Finally Iori is missing a sprite for "Hit by Hammer Throw"
Added.

Apologies for the large amount of feedback, just thought this stuff should be mentioned.
Nonsense. Nothing makes me happier than people testing out my characters and finding bugs to iron out. I intend to keep my current releases (Iori rework and onwards) as updated as possible, so feel free to post whenever you find something funny to correct. Thank you so much for the reports :)

I'll hold on the updates a little bit just in case anything else comes out.
#6  February 16, 2024, 07:39:07 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Sorry if I didn't test earlier. Here's what I found so far:

- Senshubu doesn't knock down against air. First hits of EX as well
- Same with Urarimon
- Haten Mueishu is too effective at long range, still doing most of its max damage and being safer on block than when done close. The Lv1 version also just flat out reaches too far but I guess it's to make the animation work better
- Kiko Kai has a lot of width, making it less effective with all the pushback. I like to limit extra width to a light punch's pushback myself
- Kiko Kai Clsn2 could be a lot bigger when you consider its purpose in Mugen
- Lv1 Kiko Kai could have a smaller scale than the MAX version
- Renkan Ko input is wrong in the readme (starts with F + z)
- Kurakusho should disable Y movecamera for P2
- cHP misses KFM at point blank. Even if he microwalks back a bit
- The victory portrait isn't vertically centered. Considering the only standard we had for it was (I think) KFM's normal big portrait, you should treat it as having 140 pixels in height
- Urarimon is kind of a do everything move. Relatively safe, good super cancel confirm and good in CC. Just food for thought
- The AI is very weak against keepaway fireballs

EDIT:
- Can't CC Air Kiko Kai

Dang, I wanted to transition into using CvS2 lie down hurtboxes, but I'll have to match the standard. Fixed.
You have to consider that they're kind of good for nothing in that game. I think Sakura's are too wide, too.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#7  February 16, 2024, 08:22:23 pm
    • Brazil

I rushed to make this one.
#8  February 17, 2024, 08:44:57 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
A small suggestion for her lv3: It might be better to give her two helpers individual voices instead of repeating the same sound.
https://streamable.com/kr9hkc
Currently, it sounds a bit robotic at regular speed. Well, to me, at least.
#9  February 17, 2024, 07:42:23 pm
    • USA
The typo on quote 2 is "fall in the flames"? Being fall *into* the flames the correct sentence?
I probably should've specified, but the typo in question was "seem" yourself, not entirely sure about the "fall in the flames" bit being incorrect, but I digress.

Great job on Akira for the most part though.
Re: Akira (sprites by Rabano), Iori and Ryu updated (20/02/2024)
#10  February 20, 2024, 12:33:56 am
    • Germany
Sorry if I didn't test earlier. Here's what I found so far:

- Senshubu doesn't knock down against air. First hits of EX as well
- Same with Urarimon
- Haten Mueishu is too effective at long range, still doing most of its max damage and being safer on block than when done close. The Lv1 version also just flat out reaches too far but I guess it's to make the animation work better
- Kiko Kai has a lot of width, making it less effective with all the pushback. I like to limit extra width to a light punch's pushback myself
- Kiko Kai Clsn2 could be a lot bigger when you consider its purpose in Mugen
- Lv1 Kiko Kai could have a smaller scale than the MAX version
- Renkan Ko input is wrong in the readme (starts with F + z)
- Kurakusho should disable Y movecamera for P2
- cHP misses KFM at point blank. Even if he microwalks back a bit
- The victory portrait isn't vertically centered. Considering the only standard we had for it was (I think) KFM's normal big portrait, you should treat it as having 140 pixels in height
- Urarimon is kind of a do everything move. Relatively safe, good super cancel confirm and good in CC. Just food for thought
- The AI is very weak against keepaway fireballs

EDIT:
- Can't CC Air Kiko Kai

You have to consider that they're kind of good for nothing in that game. I think Sakura's are too wide, too.
Everything was addressed. Thanks for the feedback, PotS.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-XfZB2UjQ4[/youtube]
I rushed to make this one.

Thanks!

A small suggestion for her lv3: It might be better to give her two helpers individual voices instead of repeating the same sound.
https://streamable.com/kr9hkc
Currently, it sounds a bit robotic at regular speed. Well, to me, at least.

This is intentional actually. Project Justices uses the same sample for both Zaki and Yurika specifically for this cinematic, I'm guessing so they sound synced.

I probably should've specified, but the typo in question was "seem" yourself, not entirely sure about the "fall in the flames" bit being incorrect, but I digress.

Great job on Akira for the most part though.

Thanks for clarifying.

Iori, Ryu and Akira were updated.
Spoiler: Iori's Changelog (click to see content)
Spoiler: Ryu's Changelog (click to see content)
Spoiler: Akira's Changelog (click to see content)
Re: Akira (sprites by Rabano), Ryu and Iori updated (20/02/2024)
#11  February 20, 2024, 02:22:40 am
  • https://www.twitch.tv/os_farram/
    • Morocco
    • mazgames.free.fr/
Very nice work for your Akira. Thank for Release!
#12  February 20, 2024, 02:29:45 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Solid as a rock. On point as usual, bro.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#13  February 21, 2024, 12:12:15 am
    • USA
This'll likely be the last thing I'll post in this thread, but anyway, while I haven't taken a look at Ryu, I've notice that Iori was still using the "Cvs2" sized lie down hurt-box, you might actually want to use Jmorphman's Characters as reference, as the majority of them have arguably more balanced Clsn for their lie down states (Most being "-43, -24, 44, 0")

Of course this is entirely up to you, just thought I'd make this suggestion.
#14  February 26, 2024, 06:09:41 am
She can output some pretty mean damage with Excel or Custom combo.

Activating CC and spamming the Down back elbow attack  leads to like 45 50%  and you can end it with a DP or go even more mental.
#15  March 06, 2024, 01:02:56 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
I hope Rabano make more sprites for Rival School / Project Justice characters because they're very rare :mlol:

KarmaCharmeleon... You're The Greatest of All Time!! :shocked2:

I'll be back to run more test... please keep it going. Your roster is outstanding! I love NEW characters :yippi:

Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 07:06:13 pm by Emerie The G.O.A.T
#16  March 07, 2024, 06:46:24 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
Rabano, love your sprites
#17  March 07, 2024, 10:48:02 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

I hope Rabano make more sprites for Rival School / Project Justice characters because they're very rare :mlol:

KarmaCharmeleon... You're The Greatest of All Time!! :shocked2:

I'll be back to run more test... please keep it going. Your roster is outstanding! I love NEW characters :yippi:

2:11 wtf!
Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 11:37:14 pm by Speedpreacher
#18  April 11, 2024, 08:37:53 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Believe it or not... I got banned for that LoL XD

I deeply apologize for being inappropriate :fuuu:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(