YesNoOk

Street Fighter 6 (PS4/PS5/Xbox Series X|S/PC) (Now Released!) (Read 1453557 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 21, 2022, 06:39:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter 6
#41  February 22, 2022, 01:49:56 pm
    • Brazil
#42  February 22, 2022, 04:30:07 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
As far as to what the likely setting SF6 will take place, this is just my thoughts.

There is no SF3. 

6's plot will be the NEW SF3 replacing the old timeline and instead focuses on the setting that was developing since SF4. [...]
Also it can ease up stuff like Makoto's age,

Makoto, Ibuki and the Lee brothers are gonna be teenagers once again, noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........
#43  February 22, 2022, 06:19:15 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#44  February 22, 2022, 07:41:22 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I want Ryu to get married in SF6 after beating Final Boss with Luke.
But Ken is already married... who would Ryu marry? It just doesn't make sense.

It's not like SF3 has such a complex plot that can't be summed up in a couple of lines from Gill, Alex and Urien in whatever story SF6 has, making all of SF3 fit inside SF6 which can then go beyond. No need for parallel worlds.
Absolutely this. And all of the SFIII stuff has already been set up in SFV itself, so it's not like they have to reintroduce Gill and the Illuminati.

On a related note: I get that people are sick of the whole SFIV and SFV being prequels thing, but SFIV absolutely needed to be the way that it was in order to resurrect the franchise after SFIII killed it (let's not mince words here: SFIII/2nd Impact/3rd Strike are some of the greatest fighting games of all time, but they were wildly unpopular on release and the entire III subseries was considered a gigantic flop—and indeed they still are considered a flop, financially).

SFIV going back to basics and bringing everyone back from SFII legitimately revitalized the franchise. SFV was all about constructing a bridge from the Alpha/II/IV era of games into the SFIII era, by finally doing a big conclusive ending to Bison/Shadaloo while still providing avenues and explanations for the older characters to reappear in the SFIII era and beyond. Perhaps they could've accomplished both of those goals in a single game, but I don't think they were thinking that far ahead during SFIV. Anyways, now the stage is set for SF6, which almost certainly is gonna be set after 3rd Strike.

Or maybe that weird Rose time travel shit from SFV will end up being the main plot. I hope it won't, though!
#45  February 22, 2022, 09:37:54 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
There was a wha happun episode on it recently, LordBBH covered this as well twice in his 1CC's of them, and even digging up old usenet posts shows that the games weren't really well received in their time for those looking for more context.

Though I guess going for SF6's favor is that pushing luke as the new protag is that they're aren't working with a grappler, the most polarizing archetype you could have as one. But yea I don't really see a point either of doing another prequel before SF3, since there are still 23 year old story lines that are need of continuation and people are wanting to look forward.
#46  February 22, 2022, 09:52:14 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I want Ryu to get married in SF6 after beating Final Boss with Luke.
But Ken is already married... who would Ryu marry? It just doesn't make sense.

Look a that Ryu, he's now E X T R A  T H I C C, and since SFIV Sakura has majority of age, so...  :truestory:

Also, so much memes appeared with the teaser... the other day I found a great fanart of Capcom vs. SNK 3 with Shun'ei against Luke based on this CVS1 artwork, but I couldn't get it again to post it here too...

About the announcement, I'm not so excited, blame Capcom for the auto-screwup they made with SFV when it was released, so I'll wait if they make some more advances... and I hope the next SF wouldn't get 5 characters, 2 stages and no story mode or barely the Practice and Arcade modes like it was SFV (for me at least)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#47  February 22, 2022, 10:31:07 pm
Absolutely this. And all of the SFIII stuff has already been set up in SFV itself, so it's not like they have to reintroduce Gill and the Illuminati.
Right ! All the guys SFV brought in should make it blindingly obvious that they're moving toward SF3's story, not away. They already set up the Illuminati and everything - Alex, Gill and Urien, Eleven, G... How on Earth could anyone think the next installment will replace it or even happen before it ? There's nothing else to do but actually go through the story of III, and everything in it that hasn't already been given in V can fit in half a line on the corner of a napkin, it'll be over and done in the first 30 seconds of the story of 6. With the Urien and Gill rivalry, they've already done most of it, even. The only thing that's missing is a still shot of Jean Reno and we're done.

About the announcement, I'm not so excited, blame Capcom for the auto-screwup they made with SFV when it was released, so I'll wait if they make some more advances... and I hope the next SF wouldn't get 5 characters, 2 stages and no story mode or barely the Practice and Arcade modes like it was SFV (for me at least)
But that's the hard part, though. If they want to start over on the system and the visual engine, then they start over everyone from scratch. Tekken keeps the same system and engine and can just keep adding new characters, SF5 tried to do exactly that, but now that they have an engine that actually looks good, it's back to square one with everyone. They have to start with a very limited roster and build up everything back from that, just like they did with both 4 and 5, there's just no way around it beside working on it for 8 years and dump it all at once for pocket change.
And the difference between Luke's 5 and 6 designs says that they haven't been doing 6 at the same time as 5, or else they would be much more similar (starting with the haircut).

And that's just the thickness maybe it shouldn't be using her schoolgirl version.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 10:42:16 pm by Byakko
#48  February 23, 2022, 12:15:33 am
    • Brazil
#49  February 23, 2022, 01:33:32 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
plot twist. Sakura was be able to seduce RYU  :mlol:
#50  February 27, 2022, 05:54:40 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

Despite the kinda wacky story lines he made up for the 2nd wave of DLC onwards,

DAYUNM! Something like this would be one heck of a way to push the Street Fighter series forward, imo. :datass:
#51  April 21, 2022, 09:21:38 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Luke didn't need a redesign. They should have used the one from Street Fighter V.
#52  April 21, 2022, 10:06:18 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I think that's just up to preference. Personally I vastly prefer his new look over his old one (even if I don't really mind his old one too much aside from the arms).
#53  June 03, 2022, 12:29:07 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Sorry for the bump, but it's on.
#54  June 03, 2022, 12:58:24 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
MY GOD
I swear there was something cool here!!
#55  June 03, 2022, 01:02:06 am
    • Brazil
Okay, so Chun-Li's new design is great, Jamie is cute and I love him, they teased a girl that could be Chun-Li's daughter and there is some focus on a guy that could be Damnd from Final Fight.
#56  June 03, 2022, 01:07:42 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Incredible, almost everything looks so perfect!
I'm a bit disapointed that Chun Li emblematic costume era is finished.
Hopefully a dlc(?) can restore it in the future.

The characters have a great design, I think the young girl can be the kid Chun Li saved in SF3.3
Just a feeling. I'm not well informed about details. But I feel like it's not her daughter.

I'm not very happy with Ryu's new Hadoken pose, but why not...
#57  June 03, 2022, 01:22:35 am
    • Brazil
I think the young girl can be the kid Chun Li saved in SF3.3
Just a feeling. I'm not well informed about details. But I feel like it's not her daughter.
The girl she saved in her SFIII:3rd ending IS her daughter, her name is Li-Fen, by the way.

EDIT: If it's actually her, that means we finally have a game after SFIII in the timeline.
Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 01:27:30 am by Macaulyn97
#58  June 03, 2022, 01:29:59 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
it's not as impressive as SFV was in the 3D model, I say it because between SF4 and SF5 were look quite different. but maybe this game preview is an alpha 3D model.
#59  June 03, 2022, 01:31:57 am
People say Chun-Li adopted all the kids in that SF3 ending (including that girl) but I'm pretty sure Capcom never said anything like that anywhere. So no, not her daughter.

Older realistic Asian Chun-Li's head and hairline is really weird to me but we saw how much they changed her between SF5 reveal and actual release. Realistic martial arts Ryu moves are also a bit weird, it'll be tough to get used to.
But I really appreciate the realistic shift. I just hope it looks decent.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 01:35:34 am by Byakko
#60  June 03, 2022, 01:32:13 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Yea, the girl could be Li-Fen from SFV's story.  She has a bit of tech in her headwear given how she is proficent in programming.

Also, she is the adoptive daughter as one of her real parents was a hacker.  For a moment I thought I missed out on some obscure light novel detailing Chun-li's life post SF3.

Ryu now learned Heihachi's Demon Breath.  Huh.

Jamie looks awesome.  Finally, drunken fist rep long overdue.

I am very surprised we are getting a Campaign mode at long last.  The series have always lacked single player content and this is welcoming.

Hopefully a dlc(?) can restore it in the future.
Yep, they are totally going sell Nostalgia outfits post launch.  I don't mind her new outfit.  Decades of seeing her in the same outfit, it'll take a while to adjust.