YesNoOk

Resident Evil Retribution (aka the 5th RE Movie) Trailer (Read 2298 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 15, 2012, 10:05:58 am
Share this topic:
Resident Evil Retribution (aka the 5th RE Movie) Trailer
#1  June 15, 2012, 10:05:58 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Re: Resident Evil Retribution (aka the 5th RE Movie) Trailer
#2  June 15, 2012, 01:31:27 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Are they still continuing making more RE movies? Who would even want to watch them? :-\
#3  June 15, 2012, 01:50:08 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

The 4th sequel of the RE Movies series costs were 57 millions but the movie generated around 300 millions

Its the most successful movie series to be based on a videogame, so yeah..beside resident evil players who are angry that the movies are not really catching the theme and spirit of the games, people worldwide seem to love the movies

..hope that answers your question ;)
#4  June 15, 2012, 01:59:54 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
But I'm not angry because the movies no longer follows Resident Evil theme. Heck, if that was the case, I would hate Resident Evil 4 game that changed zombies with mutant parasites, but I love that game. But this movie's story goes nowhere, the 3D was there for nothing, and with that I mean that there were hardly scenes that required the 3D (something a lot of movies tend to do), the action scenes were bad except for a few ones, the fight against Wesker was truly disappointing, and after all that crap they go and put a new character in the last minute to indicate that there's going to be a new sequel.

tl;dr, RE4 movie failed as a movie, and that's what I'm complaining. IMO they've been doing this with the third one and a little with the second. Not worth watching them, seriously.
Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:03:40 pm by Nanashi_1337
#5  June 15, 2012, 02:05:04 pm
this movie's story goes nowhere
Hello every single zombie movie ever
there were hardly scenes that required the 3D
That's... Kind of irrelevant. Things aren't made 3D because it's needed, but because it's cool.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  June 15, 2012, 02:10:26 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
there were hardly scenes that required the 3D
That's... Kind of irrelevant. Things aren't made 3D because it's needed, but because it's cool.

Well, I wouldn't mind if the 3D effect was good, but the 3D effect in cinemas suck. And it hurts my eyes too. Tbh I'm on the side of "Don't use 3D in cinemas unless it improves more", but I still can watch it if it fits well. But in this movie there were hardly things that needed 3D to make it cool, it was just there for no reason other than making you pay more for seeing it.

Also, GBK, sales of tickets mean nothing. The Last Airbender got $300 millions worldwide but it's the worst movie that was released in 2010. Ask anybody that watched it and they'll say the same. You really need to stop using amount of sales to indicate if something is good or bad.
Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:18:19 pm by Nanashi_1337
#7  June 15, 2012, 02:29:50 pm
but the 3D effect in cinemas suck. And it hurts my eyes too.
Ah, well, it does that for some people - but that's not everybody. For a lot of people, 3D in cinema works fine. So that's not really an argument.
Also, GBK, sales of tickets mean nothing. The Last Airbender got $300 millions worldwide but it's the worst movie that was released in 2010. Ask anybody that watched it and they'll say the same. You really need to stop using amount of sales to indicate if something is good or bad.
Hum, you ask why they keep making these movies. The answer is : because people pay to watch it. It makes money, thus they make the movie. It doesn't matter whether people say it's good or bad, as long as they pay.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  June 15, 2012, 02:36:57 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
but the 3D effect in cinemas suck. And it hurts my eyes too.
Ah, well, it does that for some people - but that's not everybody. For a lot of people, 3D in cinema works fine. So that's not really an argument.

Tbh I'm on the side of "Don't use 3D in cinemas unless it improves more", but I still can watch it if it fits well. But in this movie there were hardly things that needed 3D to make it cool, it was just there for no reason other than making you pay more for seeing it.

Hum, you ask why they keep making these movies. The answer is : because people pay to watch it. It makes money, thus they make the movie. It doesn't matter whether people say it's good or bad, as long as they pay.

I know that perfectly. I'm just saying that you shouldn't expect a great movie with the 5th one because the prequel was bad, and that I don't agree with GBK that sales means the movie is good.
Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:41:06 pm by Nanashi_1337
#9  June 15, 2012, 03:02:06 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nanashi please dont put words in my mouth

I didnt say or mean that big sales make a good movie , or as in sfxt thread a good game

Bigg sales = big reason to produce a new movie/game/musicalbum etc

It happens very rarely i agree with him but Byakko just explained it flawlessy, it does not matter if a movie is great as long as people pay. In the case of RE its the 5th part now and the 4th RE movie generated even the biggest amount of money according to the raw numbers so there must be people..and a lot of them who still love to pay for a RE movie even if they saw or even disliked the previous ones

Beside that i am not a fan of the RE movies , but as a fan of the zombie and horror flicks genre i must say i saw a lot worse movies than the RE ones ^^

#10  June 15, 2012, 03:35:46 pm
But in this movie there were hardly things that needed 3D to make it cool, it was just there for no reason other than making you pay more for seeing it.
Again, it's not 3D because it needs to be. It's 3D because 3D is cool. It doesn't need 3D to be cool, but because it's 3D, people find it cool. You could point a camera at a patch of grass and watch it grow (in real time), make it 3D, and people will find it cool.
I'm just saying that you shouldn't expect a great movie with the 5th one because the prequel was bad, and that I don't agree with GBK that sales means the movie is good.
Again, not relevant. They're not making movies because they're good, they're making movies because it makes money. Its quality has absolutely nothing to do with it.
... It should, in the sense that boring crap with nonsense action like that shouldn't make that much money. But it does anyway, so no, quality has nothing to do with it.
Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:39:31 pm by Carpe Diem
#11  June 15, 2012, 04:03:59 pm
  • SNK is life
Just dropping by to say THIS MOVIE IS SO BAD, IT'S HORRIBLE.

But I'll go watch it because the wifey is a zombie fan.

But it's still fucking despisably horrible.

All of the movie franchise.
#12  June 15, 2012, 04:24:25 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
I hate the movie series, but I'll probably end up watching it when it ends up on HBO.

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#13  June 15, 2012, 04:44:39 pm
it's probably not going to be very accurate to anything in the game and the plot and writing are likely to be dumb but on the other hand it looks like an alright ZOMBIE ACTION movie so i'll probably watch it without expecting a masterpiece. for something closer to the actual games there's that sequel to re: degeneration coming out in october.
#14  June 15, 2012, 08:00:21 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Leon with facial hair? Ehhhh.... Jill looks decent though, and hopefully Wesker gets be more menacing in this one.
#15  June 15, 2012, 08:37:16 pm
  • You PC bro?
Leon with facial hair? Ehhhh....

Leon has facial hair in RE6  :S

Also, I swore I'd never see another Resident Evil movie. It's like... this time, they were able to do the opposite of video game movies sucking.

#16  June 15, 2012, 08:39:51 pm
I actually watched the trailer now, I didn't expect them to go this crazy with the characters.
I still can't stand Alice's shitty story and character though so yeah.
#17  June 15, 2012, 09:33:27 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
To me every single trailer after RE 2 was like...

(Deep movie trailer narrator voice)
They thought they could outrun Umbrella, but THIS TIME...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Way to kill one of Capcom's best crafted videogame stories. I'm not even interested in watching that trailer.

Even those RE novels by S. D. Perry have way more depth than the movies.

Although I'm still a sucker for zombies and will probably get this on rental. ;P
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:36:44 pm by MaxBeta
#18  June 16, 2012, 12:22:11 am
  • SNK is life
#19  June 16, 2012, 03:37:39 am
  • You PC bro?
Well yea. Thats Leons jacket from RE4.
#20  June 16, 2012, 04:36:04 am
the dude looks like leon. he's got the jacket and shirt and hair. i don't get why he has a stache now. his facial hair in re6 is minimal