YesNoOk

Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed (Read 40382 times)

Started by VGames, December 15, 2016, 04:20:47 pm
Share this topic:
Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed
New #1  December 15, 2016, 04:20:47 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
Hey guys. It's been a while. If you don't remember me I'm the guy who was working on a project a while back with the intention of adding a lot of blood and gore to the Samurai Shodown series. Well things didn't pan out as planned and I was never able to get a good collection of characters. I ended up with a lot of stages that I added to and edited and a screen pack that I did the same to. But never quite got to my goal. I still have that custom content if anybody is interested. If you still don't remember me well I probably deserve it.

Anyways I decided to move this goal of making a game bloodier to another franchise that had a roster of characters designed for Mugen that were built the same way. Preferably from the same author. And so that brought me to muteki and his amazing characters for GGXX. I've always loved the art style and character design aswell as the overall style to these games. Yet I never got a chance to play any of them. So I was blown away by the gameplay when I first started messing around with these characters and since then have created something quite solid and very nice. Features with a * in front are still being implemented and are subject to change if more can be done. This project is for Mugen 1.1 and is designed for an HD 1280x720 screen resolution.

Official Launch Trailer:

Official Gameplay Tutorial Trailer:

Blood and Gore Features:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Blood spouts and lands on the floor when characters are hit by their opponent's weapon.
Blood splats disappear when created by normal, special, and hyper attacks after a few seconds.
Blood splats stay permanently when created by a Destroyed 1 Hit Kill attack on the deciding round.
*Characters with explosive Destroyed 1 Hit Kill Attacks will cause their victims to explode into messy chunks ( MK Style ).
*Characters with fiery Destroyed 1 Hit Kill Attacks will cause their victims to stay on fire after death with fire and smoke FX.
*Characters with electrical Destroyed 1 Hit Kill Attacks will leave their victims smoking with smoke FX.

Gameplay Features:
Counter system known as Burst that fills while attacking or being attacked that will help to push your opponent away to stop their attacks.
Penalty system that removes power from you if you spend too much time waiting to make a move.
Hyper Attacks have been reconfigured to the D,F,D,F method for easier usage.
Destroy mode that enables your character to utilize their 1 Hit Kill move.
Destroy Mode will start to drain your own life if the mode's timer bar runs out and the mode hasn't been deactivated.
Different play styles for several characters that can be selected during the intro of a fight with the left and right directional buttons.

Screenpack Features:
Borrowed the intro, assets, and inspiration from the GGXX Screenpack made by Zinesis and the GGXrd Screenpack made by MustardSeedComics.
Custom Main Menu, Options, Character Select, VS, Victory, and Gameover Screens with a lot of moving parts.
Custom Ending shared by all characters ( Justice is the Final Boss of the game so you get to see her die in a cool cut scene ).
GGXrd Life bar, Fight art, and power bar created by Rayzo and edited by me.

This is the final frame of the intro. The "Press a Button" flashes on and off until you actually press a button. Then you are taken to the main menu screen.
All of the gears and chains are animated except for the gears attached to the top and bottom metal borders. The lava also flows to the left behind the grating. The monitor screen actually changes every few seconds to show a screenshot of the stages. I love fighting game stages so I wanted to show them off a bit. The GG series has really nice stages.
Every gear is animated except for the big gear in the center of the screen and the gears attached to the top metal border. The lava flow to the right and the fire is of course animated.
The gears in the background rotate and the fire is animated. Huge metal doors open up to reveal all of this as the VS screen is activated. The lava flows to the right.
All gears rotate.

Stages:
Mostly typical stages for GGXX characters downloaded from The Mugen Archive with added FX such as fog or smoke.
Edited some stages to accompany Mugen's limitations such as a lack of having water effects when characters are walking in water.
Used 2 edited stages from GGI for Testament and the Robo-Ky Ambush Mini Game.
All stages were edited to allow the Mugen 1.1 zoom feature to work properly.

Music Features:
All music for stages and the screenpack are included and may come from GGX, GGXX, GGI, or GGXrd.

Character Roster:
All characters by muteki have been stripped of their ridiculously hard AI and use the default Mugen difficulty system.
All characters come from muteki except for Robo-Ky ( 1 on 1 version ) who comes from Ukege and Leopaldon who was made by Kurogane.
Robo-ky was edited to include all features from muteki's characters.
Order Sol is a secret character on the character select screen.

Will post a video of all this in action. I have really internet so it'll take some time.

I could use a good spriter to maybe take this project even further with the gore in future updates. Maybe custom sprites of every character getting their top torso removed from an explosion. Stuff like that.

ModDB Project Page:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/guilty-gear-xx-bloodshed

Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:56:52 pm by vgames
Re: Guilty Gear XX Bloodshed
#2  December 16, 2016, 12:22:34 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
You have an obsession with blood and gore lol, now while
That stuff is just FX what about the gameplay system? What
Plans, ideas do you have?
#3  December 16, 2016, 12:32:57 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You'll need to post a screenshot or video for this to be a project. Otherwise I have to move it to idea engineering.
#4  December 16, 2016, 01:35:28 am
    • USA
Thanks I'm glad somebody noticed.

Ok pics posted. Video coming soon.

Gameplay wise this plays very much like a mixture GGXXS, GGXXR, and GGXXAC. If you haven't played with one of muteki's characters try them out. I'm not reinventing the wheel or anything. I'm just making a lot of extra FX for the game. I hope I didn't disappoint. The characters are very solid and the gameplay is fast paced. It's a lot of fun.

OP updated with some gameplay features.
Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:39:58 am by vgames
#5  December 18, 2016, 09:00:08 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I'm very hyped!
Not for the blood stuffs, but more for seiing GG game to be completed with well coded characters.
Good luck with it! :)
#6  December 19, 2016, 12:52:44 am
    • USA
Hey thanks for the hype. Has nobody ever put together a game with muteki's creations? If not I'm glad this will be a first. I'm surprised though. His characters are flawless and very solid. I would think this would have been done by now. Oh well glad to be of service here. Finally getting something done for this community.

Order Sol has been added to the roster as a secret character. Cleaning up a few more coding methods. Making them tighter and more reliable. Then I'm gonna add a 1 hit kill move to Dizzy. And then all that will be left is to make the 1 HIt Kill moves gorier and then finish off the ending cutscene. Moving along nicely.
#7  December 22, 2016, 02:13:41 am
    • USA
Ok so I seem to have run into an issue. There's no way to make sure that the current round is a deciding round. So doing a one hit kill on someone that would leave them a nasty gooey mess on the deciding round only is not possible. It would be able to happen on any round after the first round with what I have to work with due to Mugen 1.1 limitations. Which would be weird because your enemy would be ready to fight on round 3 right after being completely exploded all over the floor. How did they get the Fatalities to only work on a deciding round for the MK Project? Or did they not get this to work either?

Is there some way to do this or should I just not worry about it and just go with the "trigger1 = RoundNo > 1".
#8  December 22, 2016, 02:18:22 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The MK projects set the number of rounds to 1 and don't allow you to change them. The rounds are all programmed within the character. Yes, singular. Every character in some of those MK projects is all 1 character programmed to act like every character in the game. Even the select screen is the 1 character. You chose the character when you 1st pressed start to begin playing. So even the character select is something programmed into this single character.

Not as hard to do with MK games. It'd be much tougher to pull that off with pretty much any other game.
#9  December 22, 2016, 02:50:56 am
    • USA
Understood. Thanks for the clarification and fast response. I guess we'll just have to go with the current trigger then. Too bad nobody ever changed that matchover trigger.

What about making your enemy invisible? I haven't been able to hide them for the rest of the round once they're killed by one of these 1 hit kill moves. I must be looking over the solution.
#10  December 22, 2016, 04:11:25 am
    • USA
Nevermind I got it figured out for the most part. Here's a nice gorey pic showcasing Dizzy's adversary after undergoing her 1 Hit Kill Attack. Well what's left of them. If you got any tips on how to make p2 go invisible please let me know. It may be better then what I got set up right now. My main issue is it takes some time for the round to end after p2 is gone. p1 just stands there until they eventually go into their win pose.

Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:29:15 pm by vgames
#11  December 22, 2016, 06:14:40 pm
    • USA
Seeing as how there's no way to set up a proper fatality system that can only be done on a deciding round without making a lot of unwanted changes, what do you guys think about having 1 round only matches with twice as much health for the combatants? That way death moves can be done without having the victim show up for the next round ready to fight again when they should be dead, and the round will last longer as if round 1 and 2 were combined. Just an idea I had that actually goes along with GGXX overall fast paced gameplay style.
#12  December 22, 2016, 11:56:00 pm
    • USA
Poll added.
#13  December 25, 2016, 07:23:15 pm
    • USA
Ok so I got it all set up for single round matches. It plays very well and with twice as much health for everybody the battles are fast and fierce.

Now just gotta finish adding gore to everybody's instant death move and then onto the ending.
#14  December 27, 2016, 09:25:31 pm
    • USA
Ok so I'm going to add Reshade 3 to this project and was wondering if anybody could tell me what the best settings would be to get the game to look as close as possible to what you see in GGXrd. I know it can't look identical but I really want to amp up the graphics and remove the pixelation. So please help if you can. I know how to add Reshade to Mugen 1.1 already. I was just wondering if somebody had some good settings to pull off the look I'm going for.
Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:31:10 pm by vgames
#15  December 28, 2016, 12:18:07 am
    • USA
OK so I got Reshade going. I couldn't get Reshade 3 to work for some reason so I reverted back to Reshade 2.0.3 and it works fine. No big deal since it's less taxing on system resources which is good for everybody and I got the game to look pretty dang good with it.

Compare these to the originals up above. I'm still tampering with settings so it could change a bit in the future. Maybe less dark.

Forgot to mention I've HD'd the character select icons and their big portraits so they look much nicer now too.
Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:29:57 pm by vgames
#16  December 31, 2016, 05:53:30 pm
    • USA
Is there a way to make the camera manually zoom out when a character is knocked off screen. I don't want the camera to follow the character up according to whatever settings you have set for the camera in the stage's def file. I want the camera to zoom out so you can see the character doing the hitting and the character being knocked into the air. Is this possible?
#17  January 15, 2017, 03:26:00 am
    • USA
Gorey Death Moves have been implemented. :)

Gonna spruce up some of the stages a bit more and then all that will be left is the storyboard. Both the intro and ending for the story.
#18  January 15, 2017, 12:25:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is there a way to make the camera manually zoom out when a character is knocked off screen. I don't want the camera to follow the character up according to whatever settings you have set for the camera in the stage's def file. I want the camera to zoom out so you can see the character doing the hitting and the character being knocked into the air. Is this possible?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/zoom-sctrl-11b-exclusive-170111.0.html

Or if you remove backgrounds you can use angledraw
An example of a test I tried at one point

#19  January 15, 2017, 09:20:31 pm
    • USA
Ok so using this zoom state controller requires a character to be converted to Mugen 1.1. Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial on converting characters to Mugen 1.1?

These characters vary in current versions =
or
or
Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:24:35 pm by vgames
#20  February 18, 2017, 11:26:05 pm
    • USA

Added a nice stage select menu with pics for all the stages. This monitor will appear when it's time to select a stage. The monitor on the main menu screen has been removed since it's kind of pointless to showcase the stages when you can see them this way now. The main menu is under construction.