YesNoOk

MK vs SF chun li beta and Gouken update released. (Read 21304 times)

Started by alexlexus, March 29, 2008, 03:40:48 am
Share this topic:
MK vs SF chun li beta and Gouken update released.
#1  March 29, 2008, 03:40:48 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
gouken was updated with new AI stuff and anti rare akuma coding which isn;t done yet.

and finally MK vs SF chun li beta is released for the 1st time. she needs alot of work but she is solid for now to enjoy.

nMo new generation of mugen exposure
Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 02:05:40 pm by Sepp
Re: MK vs SF chun li beta and Gouken update released.
#2  March 29, 2008, 04:24:26 am
Am I blind or is there a missing link here?

JNi

#3  March 29, 2008, 04:27:18 am
    • JonathanAM.webs.com

«latest release on: December,25,2009,»
Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 04:30:34 am by Mugen Toons
#4  March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 am
Thanks.. gonna try her out later tonight
#5  March 29, 2008, 06:03:43 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Gouken, To overpowered that stance is annoying as shit along with the fading pulse.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#6  March 29, 2008, 06:51:20 am
  • Im Foxy Roxy Sexy!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoboShinKen
Gouken, To overpowered that stance is annoying as shit along with the fading pulse.

thats kinda harsh ..... i agree on the overpowered but that stance is his choice....

My Newly Made GIF
#7  March 29, 2008, 08:40:39 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/

--------------

#8  March 29, 2008, 10:59:10 am
#9  March 29, 2008, 12:01:23 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Chun Li is a waste of space. It's just J.Lee's Chun Li with an incredibly goofy non-fluid stance, a proton cannon super, and Ryu's Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku. Oh and sparks and a really awkward looking Super BG. Also why the hell was Chun Li's big portrait squashed the way it is? It looks terrible.
#10  March 29, 2008, 05:00:06 pm
Chun Li is a waste of space. It's just J.Lee's Chun Li with an incredibly goofy non-fluid stance, a proton cannon super, and Ryu's Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku. Oh and sparks and a really awkward looking Super BG. Also why the hell was Chun Li's big portrait squashed the way it is? It looks terrible.

WTF, can u contribute with a less rude feedback?.
#11  March 29, 2008, 08:10:05 pm
  • Clone 0001 Ver 1.0
    • www.fotolog.com/saikyo_student
Hey,I found...well...a bug (I guess)
Try this:
Close to oponent: LK,MK,HK,MK,MK,MK,MK...
And she going down for the screen...

Anyway,this char will be excellent,sure.

This is only a beta.We must wait...

Try again,kid...
The Saikyo Student´s videos
http://es.youtube.com/profile?user=SaikyoStudent
#12  March 29, 2008, 08:58:30 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

That is feedback. There's no reason to squash a perfectly fine Large portrait, and everything that was added was really poorly put together in terms of animation timings, damage values, and everything else in general. The good parts about it are all in the original Chun Li conversion J. Lee did. Beta or not, something this poorly put together is inexcusable, especially when the majority of the framework is based on a solid character already.
#13  March 29, 2008, 09:03:26 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#14  March 29, 2008, 09:04:36 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
Looks like it's a good thing I avoided downloading her.  - Did he even get permission to edit somebody else's Chun Li? :-\

@ Ohsky

He wasn't being "rude". What he said is probably reality, and reality can't be impolite. If that type of feedback isn't liked then an author can do one of two things.
A - not make release/feedback threads.
B - make characters who don't have piles and piles of glitches, problems and other various issues and actually have qualities worth praising.
#15  March 29, 2008, 10:03:36 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Looks like it's a good thing I avoided downloading her.  - Did he even get permission to edit somebody else's Chun Li? :-\

The site makes no mention J.Lee's work even being used at all. There are three things in the download that mention it though

1) The main .def file that says that it's based on J. Lee's Chun Li
2) The actual .def file of the original Chun Li it is based on
3) The original readme included with J. Lee's Chun Li (alexlexus didn't even write his own for this character)

Also as J. Lee is part of Conversion World, they have an anti-code usage policy. However, since this *is* Guild where people are free to choose whether or not to follow these rules, his actions are totally legit.
#16  March 30, 2008, 12:03:31 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
he did get permission actually

M79

#17  March 30, 2008, 12:07:40 am
  • Cranky smile of doom!
    • www.epforums.org/

Wow, it's like giving honest feedback isn't allowed unless we tip toe around overly sensitive children.
I'm in your computerz.......lurkin' ur internetz.
#18  March 30, 2008, 01:50:23 am
I know what honesty is, and to be honest don´t implies to be kind with anyone by definition. You can be an asshole, no matter how honest you are, direct, or sincere on how your idea of feedback is, as it is being seen. BtW, noone has to show me here what is to be honest or not, i usually don´t care about that thing, that is honesty to my own idea of what i like to do.

U call someone children for free, u are called motherfucker in return, is that simple.
Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:53:27 am by Ohsky
#19  March 30, 2008, 08:35:09 am
I know what honesty is, and to be honest don´t implies to be kind with anyone by definition. You can be an asshole, no matter how honest you are, direct, or sincere on how your idea of feedback is, as it is being seen. BtW, noone has to show me here what is to be honest or not, i usually don´t care about that thing, that is honesty to my own idea of what i like to do.

U call someone children for free, u are called motherfucker in return, is that simple.

When you take someone else's character and are too damn lazy to even bother changing the damn readme to cover your tracks, you lose the right to worry about rudeness in feedback.
#20  March 30, 2008, 09:12:50 am
  • Im Foxy Roxy Sexy!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoboShinKen

When you take someone else's character and are too damn lazy to even bother changing the damn readme to cover your tracks, you lose the right to worry about rudeness in feedback.

he did get permission actually

He got permission he probly left the readme cuz he forgot or he doesnt wanna start one till gouken is 100% either way your talking like he stole it.... he don't need to cover anything

how is gouken overpowered this time?

he is still a parry beast....

[/quote]

Agreed
My Newly Made GIF
#21  March 30, 2008, 09:48:41 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
how is gouken overpowered this time?

Since when hasn't he been?

Also if you don't like my feedback about the pulse go get a nail gun and shoot yourself in the neck. People who are actually defending such a horrible char and offend those trying to give some intelligent feedback by telling him the truth are getting insulted we will not tell him GOOD +1 OMGZ BEST CHAR EVER thats not feedback either thats simply giving a shit char to much and a lot more credit then it will ever deserve the way he put his feedback was just fine there were no problems with it, it wasn't rude but hes probably not gonna say wow great fucking char when in reality it sucks now go cry in a e-corner.

--------------

#22  March 30, 2008, 05:28:41 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
for those who think i stole chun li , that is untrue j.lee and i have an agreement and
he allowed me to use her base for the  character. in time she will change a bit.

so no stealing and that is very dishonest and also i feel that it was wrong to accuse me
since i and laxxe hate that stuff since someone tried to steal stuff from my dante.

next. gouken is not over powered at all. i just made the ai like Vyn's evil ryu in a way with he kick ass and take names later.

if certain people don't like my work that's fine and if you feel you need to leave some feedback which will include harsh remarks go ahead doesn't make me sad.. just shows that deep down gouken is loved and they want more in there. make gouken popuplar with the hate lol
#23  March 30, 2008, 06:51:56 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Hey,I found...well...a bug (I guess)
Try this:
Close to oponent: LK,MK,HK,MK,MK,MK,MK...
And she going down for the screen...

Anyway,this char will be excellent,sure.

You know what the sad thing about this entire thread so far?

Out of 20 posts, the above thats quoted was the most helpful comment, not counting WaruGouki's comment "the first sentence".
Instead of bashing Alex, why not help him improve some if the character really bothers you all that much?

Or is this some sort of trend that started in this thread?
Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 06:57:02 pm by Ninno -29-
#24  March 30, 2008, 07:15:45 pm
  • Candy Princess
You know what the sad thing about this entire thread so far?

Out of 20 posts, the above thats quoted was the most helpful comment, not counting WaruGouki's comment "the first sentence".
Instead of bashing Alex, why not help him improve some if the character really bothers you all that much?

Or is this some sort of trend that started in this thread?
People actually bent over backwards trying to help Alex at MI. And he responded to it by whining, trying to cause drama, and making troll video threads. - BigBoss really summed things up with his post on this.

What's worse, is people wasted their time giving lengthy and detailed feedback only to have it flat out ignored, or get told they were being "rude".

Quite frankly, after how alex acted over feedback that was far more lengthy and honest given to him over Gouken then I've seen some of the best creator's work get, he pretty much just has to take what people give now since he sort of blew the right to expect much else. (Not to mention the fact if you make garbage, you shouldn't be surprised when people say as much)
#25  March 30, 2008, 07:39:55 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Whatever happens or happened at MI doesn't Concern me nor do I care for.

I was reflecting from what happened at this thread alone. it went from HE STOLE THIS CHARACTER, to Random bashing and so forth.
I seen that Saikyo Student from Akuma Combos was the only one to post feedback without having to be disrespectful.

Giving Feedback and being flat out rude are two different things as far as I know.
Oh well, I said my part in this.

I await the day when many of the people in this thread release something and receive the same treatment that they love to dish out at others.
#26  March 30, 2008, 07:54:20 pm
  • Candy Princess
Whatever happens or happened at MI doesn't Concern me nor do I care for.

I was reflecting from what happened at this thread alone. it went from HE STOLE THIS CHARACTER, to Random bashing and so forth.
I seen that Saikyo Student from Akuma Combos was the only one to post feedback without having to be disrespectful.

Giving Feedback and being flat out rude are two different things as far as I know.
Oh well, I said my part in this.

I await the day when many of the people in this thread release something and receive the same treatment that they love to dish out at others.
I don't care if it concerns you. It's part of the basis for alot of this stuff. So if you're interested in it (which presumably you are since you did bother to post.) then you'd want to know. Otherwise, you shouldn't even be discussing this stuff.

The character looked stolen. He took work from a creator who's part of a group that's very anti code exchange, he left their original readme, DEF, info, ect. He never once bothered to mention that he got permission from the author (which he's still yet to actually prove), nor did he even mention he used somebody else's work as a base for the character. So yeah, no shit people said it was stolen.  ::)
And no, I hate break it to you but most of the posts here were feedback. They just didn't suit some idealistic opinion of manners and tact that some of you people seem to cling to. If alex (or anybody else) wants overly polite & kind feedback, then they can go ask their mother to critique their work. Otherwise, they should be grateful people take the time to review their work at all.
Obviously, this is within the confines of reason. As somebody spending half a post insulting a person with a few sentences about the actual character exactly acceptable behavior, but nobody did anything like that so it's moot.

I don't really know when this trend of people saying most honest feedback, or feedback they dislike is "rude" Started in the MUGEN community. But people seriously need to get off that bandwagon and quick. Because attitudes like that, where you can't ever be heavily opinionated against something, or voice negative feedback for something in a manner which more accurately reflects your actual emotion on whatever the thing in question is. Are the main reason characters like Dante and Gouken end up never getting fixed or improved, and instead just stay the big heaps of bile they are right now.

Oh, and PS~ I hope that if I do ever get around to releasing any of my work. I'd strongly hope people would be as honest as they were right here when reviewing my own work. Because, if any creation of mine ever got that type of reaction I'd find out why, and then do something to fix that. Not stand around bitching about "people being rude" As though MUGEN is some sort of manners seminar.  - And I'm sure most good creators would wholly agree with me on that, too.

Edited for clarity & a few type errors
Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:01:07 pm by missfairy
#27  March 30, 2008, 08:31:40 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Lol,

In terms of giving feedback, I never said that you had to be nice about it, but let alone ignorance does not do anything but make the situation worse. There is a proper way of give constructive criticism which the one poster proved in the post I pointed out, but being flat out rude and ignorant is definitely not the way which was displayed here numerous of times.

I thought I'd point that out in order to clarify my reasons for commenting before this turns into a thread of certain user(s) making comments just to get the last word. :)

Have a nice day!
#28  March 30, 2008, 09:03:44 pm
  • Candy Princess
Lol,

In terms of giving feedback, I never said that you had to be nice about it, but let alone ignorance does not do anything but make the situation worse. There is a proper way of give constructive criticism which the one poster proved in the post I pointed out, but being flat out rude and ignorant is definitely not the way which was displayed here numerous of times.

I thought I'd point that out in order to clarify my reasons for commenting before this turns into a thread of certain user(s) making comments just to get the last word. :)

Have a nice day!
I'm absolutely flattered you seemingly couldn't even muster up a response to my post outside of "Lol". :-*

That's the proper way according to YOU. Problem is, most people don't care about manners according to you. Just like most people don't care about manners according to me, either.
There's a basic social balance we all try to live by, and outside of that everything is just a big clusterfuck of opinions. So when you operate in the real world, you have to learn to set aside your personal perspective about things.
That's exactly why I said that so long as people stay within reason, people need to learn how to read a comment (no matter how it rates according to their own private agenda about what is and isn't mannerly or acceptable) and then either find help from it or discard it and move on. Not create a big scene every time somebody says something in a way which offends their sense of right and wrong.

Have a nice day to you too!

And PS, yes I did post back here just to get the last word.   ;D ;)

M79

#29  March 30, 2008, 11:57:58 pm
  • Cranky smile of doom!
    • www.epforums.org/

Oh, I'm sorry, but I'd rather be considered a motherfucker than an immature, childish person. *shrug*

if you feel you need to leave some feedback which will include harsh remarks go ahead doesn't make me sad.. just shows that deep down gouken is loved and they want more in there. make gouken popuplar with the hate lol
Not really. If you or anyone else gets negative feedback, which stems from pure honesty, and not being fake, it means the creation needs work in whatever areas. Whether you, or anyone else likes it or not.

Edit: By the way, TC, I think this character would be better if she had MvC type gameplay, but, that's just me.
I'm in your computerz.......lurkin' ur internetz.
Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:13:44 am by M79
Re: Gouken's "Anti-Rare Akuma mode"
#30  March 31, 2008, 04:45:54 am
In regards to your "Anti-Rare Akuma mode" patch here is some feedback/advice, whatever you want to call it.

Stop obsessing over Rare Akuma, it is a JOKE character,  If your character is as fair as you claim it to be, then they should never even be in the same roster.  I mean will you add an anti-psycho shredder mode, or an anti-Ogre mode??

Real characters are made to be beat, and provide a fun experience while doing it.  Obsessing over whether your character can or can not beat a clearly overpowered character, Joke or otherwise, isn't going to get you anything in the end.

In short, why do you care so much?  The enjoyment of your character has absolutely NOTHING to do with Rare Akuma,  You should focus on make your character not only enjoyable to play, but to fight against as well.  Also by polishing and improving your coding. 

But as all advice, feel free to take it with a grain of salt.
#31  March 31, 2008, 06:18:55 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
ok gathering more info from furture feedback.
ninno don't pay fairy any mind. she cause me
alot of problems at MI and is trying
to bring the drama here. just turn a blind eye to
her comments cause according to her
i am't take feeback and i am immature.
nothing will get through to her so act like
she isn't posting. but thanks for having my back
as i will have yours ninno-29-.

yes there will be alot of bashing and rude stuff
but i think becuae i was so stuck on looking for feeback in a non
rude manor i end up getting it that way.

i would like some more picture feedback
to help me more and make chin li more solid.

the anti codes were made because gouken for my personal
veiw must be able to stand up to any gouki/akuma or any kind.
the anti cheap codes are only trigger when rare akuma is used and that was just for
my own fun and i sahred it with the community.

seems like every little thing i do is under painful examination.
relax lets have fun. since yall forgot i am still new( again i say i am still new) to coding
and making characters so if you really want to help me do what laxxe and liger do and work with me in private to make gouken and chun li better.
#32  March 31, 2008, 07:31:57 am
ok gathering more info from furture feedback.
ninno don't pay fairy any mind. she cause me
alot of problems at MI and is trying
to bring the drama here. just turn a blind eye to
her comments cause according to her
i am't take feeback and i am immature.
nothing will get through to her so act like
she isn't posting. but thanks for having my back
as i will have yours ninno-29-.

Yeah Fairy sure is causing drama, I mean she had the nerve to actually say what was horribly wrong with the character and asked you to fix it!  My god, the cruelty!  And other people did the same!  And to make matters worse, these people had the nerve, the sheer nerve to actually get annoyed when you ignored and deleted their feedback to try and start another thread for no reason at all, causing valuable feedback to be lost.  Shame on them all...

I mean I know how you feel man, I do.  I hate when people criticize stuff and give actual honest feedback.  I mean MI was going great for you, what with swarms of posters going "yo gouken rockz dawg, SF reprizent4lyfe!"  and "dling dis shyt now homey+1".  And these mean people ruined it by giving real feedback and not bs nonsense posts quoted from a bad episode of The Boondocks.  My god, just what is Mugen coming to;_;

DMX

#33  March 31, 2008, 09:47:30 am
AMEN BROTHER!
#34  March 31, 2008, 10:10:01 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Too much drama in this topic... and about what Jango said : +1. Beta or not, when you add new "features" to a character, at least try to implement them correctly.
#35  March 31, 2008, 12:22:00 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
AFTERTHOUGHT

This should be moved to Edits and Add-ons because that's what this character is; an edit of an existing character
#36  March 31, 2008, 04:19:10 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
all sounds fair as for chun li but gouken is built from the ground up with
Fighter fatory template. chun li was just a beta to see how the gun was going to be received.
still waiting on that feedback.

also i was told gouken needs pushback in the corner and i think fair mentioned it
how do i put that in? thi way it will get rid of the infinates.
#37  March 31, 2008, 06:27:06 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Alright fine let me repeat the feedback in a way that can be deemed *suitable*

- There is no reason to scale the large portrait
- The stance is incredibly non-fluid and awkward looking
- All the supers that have been added (read, not in J.Lee's original conversion) have very odd damage values, and in general aren't animated very well.
#38  March 31, 2008, 07:03:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Fighter fatory template. chun li was just a beta to see how the gun was going to be received.

also i was told gouken needs pushback in the corner and i think fair mentioned it

Still no pushback on gouken? Been a while I guess and you got other things as priorities.
Don't take this the wrong way, but how do you not know how to get rid of pushback? It's one of the main things people look at. It was one of the main/first things I noticed as far as infinitnes on Gouken when I gave you my feedback. I mean your eather a contributer on MI one site, on one club syndicate you have Mugen Creator status, yet something simple like pushback you're asking how to do?

Play around with ground.velocity with a negative x value, ground.slidetime and ground ground.cornerpush.veloff
#39  March 31, 2008, 07:40:00 pm
  • Candy Princess

Still no pushback on gouken? Been a while I guess and you got other things as priorities.
Don't take this the wrong way, but how do you not know how to get rid of pushback? It's one of the main things people look at. It was one of the main/first things I noticed as far as infinitnes on Gouken when I gave you my feedback. I mean your eather a contributer on MI one site, on one club syndicate you have Mugen Creator status, yet something simple like pushback you're asking how to do?

Play around with ground.velocity with a negative x value, ground.slidetime and ground ground.cornerpush.veloff
If alex can't even make his own Chun Li not being able to code other simple things isn't much of a shock.  :P

At this rate I wonder if Gouken used stolen code off somebody's Akuma.  ::)

@ KaiserPhoenix

Mmmmhm <3 ;D

@ Alex

Nice attempt at distracting from what's really going on here.
#40  March 31, 2008, 08:29:17 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle

If alex can't even make his own Chun Li not being able to code other simple things isn't much of a shock.  :P

At this rate I wonder if Gouken used stolen code off somebody's Akuma.  ::)

@ KaiserPhoenix

Mmmmhm <3 ;D

@ Alex

Nice attempt at distracting from what's really going on here.
nope all of it is legit, ive been with him since the beginning on it when he started coding from scratch
oh and while your at it, try pointing out faults of the character as opposed to alex and make it good feedback wise instead of just bitching about how you think stuff is stolen, everything in gouken save afew bits of code (which he has permission to use) was coded from scratch by alex

#41  March 31, 2008, 08:48:43 pm
  • Candy Princess
nope all of it is legit, ive been with him since the beginning on it when he started coding from scratch
oh and while your at it, try pointing out faults of the character as opposed to alex and make it good feedback wise instead of just bitching about how you think stuff is stolen, everything in gouken save afew bits of code (which he has permission to use) was coded from scratch by alex
I never saw proof it wasn't stolen. With the way Alex acts, I don't trust that it isn't based on his word (No offense to you, though)

I already pointed out faults of his Gouken. And my feedback got completely ignored. - Other people gave lengthy feedback, too. And I believe alex ignored all of their posts. - Why would I keep wasting my time giving feedback when the author doesn't even respond or listen, and just keeps screwing up worse and worse. (I don't expect everything or even most of what I suggest to be done or anything, but alex has pretty much made it clear any feedback that isn't whoa tyght shyt man +1" Is subject being deemed "rude" And bad.)
#42  March 31, 2008, 08:55:06 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
its possible he ignored it, its also possible that he was overwhelmed and got a portion of it done and forgot to finish the rest, and it isnt stolen, email j-lee yourself or ask alex to provide a screenshot of his permission, but its insulting to alex to say that he steals
#43  March 31, 2008, 09:31:22 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
^ I dont have a problem with anything or anybody, but I hope you wasn't quoting me there. I just figured that it was a bit weird to see how he didn't know how to fix playerpush. I know he's busy with other things but I, on be half of my defense, not only provide verbal and picture feedback, but also took time to record a video. All was posted on Infantry. I for one didn't know what all the hype was about untill I tested the character to find things that should be a quick fix. My feedback was a while back and I found it slightly funny to see that he didnt know how to add in playerpush after all this time and apperantely after a few updates on Gouken as well.

I dont know who stole what from whom nor does it matter to me. Alex can do his own thing on his own time and make character as he sees fit. Everyone is entitled to that.

I am not taking anybodies sides and to be honest I wish I had time to test chun li and gouken some more because I think feedback is important (any way given) if its constructive feedback then its good. If its feedback that sounds harsh and assholish then I think it should make a creator stronger and try to produce good product. Since I am graduating in 6 days I can't be bothered but I really want to. In the end I think alex makes hastly releases w/o trying to find and fix problems by himself, thus not expanding his coding troubleshooting.

I really didn't want to reply to this thread and though it would be best to stay out of it but when I see alex being labeled as a "Mugen Creator" on a few forums I think to my self. What makes a creator? Titles are worthless. I can be a Mugen Creator aswell then and so can a person who makes a stick figure character.

We know who real and persistent creators are and thats why they dont reply to shet like this.

#44  March 31, 2008, 09:40:09 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
when I see alex being labeled as a "Mugen Creator" on a few forums I think to my self. What makes a creator? Titles are worthless. I can be a Mugen Creator aswell then and so can a person who makes a stick figure character.

We know who real and persistent creators are and thats why they dont reply to shet like this.

Yep. It's just a membergroup.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#45  March 31, 2008, 10:11:49 pm
    • Canada
Some feedback for Gouken.

No offense but the stance is pretty ugly. It's way to jerky as of now especially his belt. There's only 2 animations for that. It should be converted to his original standing stance or have more sprites drawn.

Pulse needs to go. That stuff should only be in supers.

During dash in and out, there shouldn't be a swing sound (The sound when you attempt a punch).

The intro that shakes the ground until startup, should not shake the ground. It also lasts way too long. It should end after a couple seconds, not when the fight begins

Cr. Roundhouse looks extremely awkward, at least the motion. It's way too slow. It should have slow start up but once the leg is extended it should be a swift movement.

Strong shoryu is weaker than his jab shoryu. The two should be swapped.

Short tatsu goes farther than his Forward tatsu which goes farther than his roundhouse tatsu. The first and last should be switched.

His Kongouko-Kuretsuzan style super has no start up sound. Also when it lands, you may want to add some slowdown before the actual hit.

Not sure why his overhead chop causes envshake. Also by personal preference it should be F+Mp instead of B+MP.

Strong Fierce combo happens way too fast. There should be some delay between hits.

Way too much startup time for normal hadous.

Gouken can juggle infinitely with Cr. Strong in the corner, and there are tons of moves/setups that allow him to do this. Of the ones I discovered are MP (should be lp) shoryu, QCF+k move, Messatsu Goushoryu style super.

Aura Blast (D D D Any punch) move has far too much start up time for it to be of any use. Perhaps make it an overhead but not an unblockable.

Tenma Gouzanku style super should be a multi hitting super of 5 hits. Same with his Messatsu GouHadou which only hits 3 times. (Personal Preference = PP)

His normals shouldn't do any chip damage (PP)

You should be able to link a move after Close MK (PP)

His Dive Kick should not knock down opponent (PP).

If you're going for Third Strike style, his Cr short should link to itself. He'll aslo need a UOH.

And most, if not all moves need that push back from the corner. This may solve the infinite juggle problem.

So yea, I wouldn't call this final just yet.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:18:14 pm by Shift b is B
#46  March 31, 2008, 10:44:12 pm
  • Candy Princess
its possible he ignored it, its also possible that he was overwhelmed and got a portion of it done and forgot to finish the rest, and it isnt stolen, email j-lee yourself or ask alex to provide a screenshot of his permission, but its insulting to alex to say that he steals
He absolutely ignored it since he had replied to stuff after the posts got made.

I'm not going to email J lee. I have nothing to do with the creation of that character, nor am I the mugen police. So it isn't my job or even place to be emailing people about stuff like that. - It would have been smart for Alex to give proof, to avoid the talk of theft that was birthed from him never mentioning he was using somebody else's character as a base, let alone giving proof he got their approval for it.

At any rate though, it doesn't matter since guild dealt away with their rules on stolen work. So either way there's little to be said about it, though if alex doesn't want to be titled a thief on top of everything else he probably should provide some creditable proof about permission to use that character.

@ LaQuak

He was talking to me. I apologize for quoting your post and involving you in this.

I probably shouldn't have posted here, myself. but -shrugs- Damn my firey personality.
#47  March 31, 2008, 10:50:53 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
so you continue to title him a theif even though you are too lazy to see for yourself if he is telling the truth(ie email the origional author)
thats kinda sad
#48  March 31, 2008, 11:06:50 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Laxxe, this is a lost cost, it's clear that this person only commented in this thread because of personal issues he/she has with alex since this is obviously an issue that started from MI, according to an earlier post by the same person, and this person wants to carry it on at another forum outside of MI. Besides the more you try to get your point across, the more the missfary or w/e that persons name is will continue to post to counter your comments and get the last comment like I stated earlier.

Just let it go and ignore it and continue to help out alex like you always have.

Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:11:59 pm by Ninno -29-
#49  March 31, 2008, 11:09:55 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Almost all of alex's thread become flamewars. ;P
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#50  March 31, 2008, 11:10:43 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
lol, and I wonder who played a big part in them? :P
#51  March 31, 2008, 11:34:15 pm
  • Candy Princess
Laxxe, this is a lost cost, it's clear that this person only commented in this thread because of personal issues he/she has with alex since this is obviously an issue that started from MI, according to an earlier post by the same person, and this person wants to carry it on at another forum outside of MI. Besides the more you try to get your point across, the more the missfary or w/e that persons name is will continue to post to counter your comments and get the last comment like I stated earlier.

Just let it go and ignore it and continue to help out alex like you always have.

I don't have any "issues" With alex, actually. In fact I don't even care about him. However, I post in alot of different creation threads sometimes, and I've only kept posting here because people were conversing with me.

I never cared about "the last word". (I mentioned that before as sarcasm since I figured you made that statement about not wanting the last word as an attempt to prove that I did if I posted back since I was the only one at the opposite end of your posts. Unfortunately that failed miserably since games kids play online don't really interest me.) 
I replied because I had something to say. This isn't high school, so please stop trying to turn the situation into stuff you'd expect in one.

Thanks.

@ Laxxe

Lolz, I just said it isn't my place or business to be emailing people over that.

I have no investment or relation in/to that character.
I don't have authority over this forum so my personal feelings on theft aren't relevant.
This forum has no rules against code theft.

What part of that didn't you understand the first time?

I call Alex a thief because, from the evidence shown he probably is one. Outside of that I couldn't care less, and it isn't because of "laziness". It's because, unlike some people, I actually have a life that has absolutely zero to do with mugen. And that life is far more interesting to me then sitting on my computer emailing people to confirm if a character for a do it yourself fighting game engine is stolen or not.

If and when I see proof that stuff wasn't stolen I'll stop referring to it as such. Until then, I'll call it like the evidence indicates and nothing more, or less.
#52  March 31, 2008, 11:42:52 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
Out standing thatn you so much.

ÀÌÁ¾Âù <kmorkah@hanmail.net> wrote: Yes, But.

You must be write "based on Conversion World's sf3Chunli " in your Homepage and your Readme files, We'll permit to use our works.

Conversion World J.Lee

---------[ ¹ÞÀº ¸ÞÀÏ ³»¿ë ]----------
Á¦¸ñ: Re: [RE]Need permission to use your chun li ( to make MK vs SF Chun li, i am the creator of Gouken)
³¯Â¥: 2008³â 1¿ù 21ÀÏ ¿ù¿äÀÏ, ¿ÀÈÄ 13½Ã 04ºÐ 24ÃÊ +0900
º¸³½ÀÌ: alex elmera <alexlexus2000@yahoo.com>
¹Þ´ÂÀÌ: "ÀÌÁ¾Âù" <kmorkah@hanmail.net>

Iwas a bit confused, id you say yes?

ÀÌÁ¾Âù<kmorkah@hanmail.net> wrote: Good work.

Sorry,you wanted sprites and snd and small code, it is all of chunli.

But,you mention "based Chunli is Conversion World" written Homepage and Readme files, We permission to use my works.

---------[¹ÞÀº ¸ÞÀÏ ³»¿ë ]----------
Á¦¸ñ:Need permission to use your chun li ( to make MK vs SF Chun li, i am the creator of Gouken)
³¯Â¥:2008³â 1¿ù 19ÀÏ Åä¿äÀÏ, ¿ÀÀü 02½Ã 59ºÐ 30ÃÊ +0900
º¸³½ÀÌ:alex elmera <alexlexus2000@yahoo.com>
¹Þ´ÂÀÌ:kmorkah@hanmail.net

hellomy name is alex and i just made gouken out of GM's sf3 gouki, and now i plan on making mk vs sf chun li. all i really need are the sprites and snd and small code. i already built her base from scratch but this will help me finish what i started. from on creator to another i hope you can help me. here is a video of what i can do code wise. and i hope you grant me acess. you will be fully credited. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6C4SbzEt4 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

[³ªÀǶóÀ̺귯¸®, ÇѸÞÀÏ] ¾Ë·Ï´Þ·Ï~ ¸ÞÀÏ¿¡ º°Ç¥½ÃÇϱ⠾÷±×·¹À̵å!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is part one you have to read it from buttom to top

this is more of part two and more clear since there was a language barrier
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[glow=red,2,300]Yes, But.

You must be write "based on Conversion World's sf3Chunli " in your Homepage and your Readme files, We'll permit to use our works.

Conversion World J.Lee [/glow]

---------[ ¹ÞÀº ¸ÞÀÏ ³»¿ë ]----------
Á¦¸ñ: Re: [RE]Need permission to use your chun li ( to make MK vs SF Chun li, i am the creator of Gouken)
³¯Â¥: 2008³â 1¿ù 21ÀÏ ¿ù¿äÀÏ, ¿ÀÈÄ 13½Ã 04ºÐ 24ÃÊ +0900
º¸³½ÀÌ: alex elmera <alexlexus2000@yahoo.com>
¹Þ´ÂÀÌ: "ÀÌÁ¾Âù" <kmorkah@hanmail.net>

Iwas a bit confused, id you say yes?

ÀÌÁ¾Âù<kmorkah@hanmail.net> wrote: Good work.

Sorry,you wanted sprites and snd and small code, it is all of chunli.

But,you mention "based Chunli is Conversion World" written Homepage and Readme files, [glow=red,2,300]We permission to use my works. [/glow]

---------[¹ÞÀº ¸ÞÀÏ ³»¿ë ]----------
Á¦¸ñ:Need permission to use your chun li ( to make MK vs SF Chun li, i am the creator of Gouken)
³¯Â¥:2008³â 1¿ù 19ÀÏ Åä¿äÀÏ, ¿ÀÀü 02½Ã 59ºÐ 30ÃÊ +0900
º¸³½ÀÌ:alex elmera <alexlexus2000@yahoo.com>
¹Þ´ÂÀÌ:kmorkah@hanmail.net

hellomy name is alex and i just made gouken out of GM's sf3 gouki, and now i plan on making mk vs sf chun li. all i really need are the sprites and snd and small code. i already built her base from scratch but this will help me finish what i started. from on creator to another i hope you can help me. here is a video of what i can do code wise. and i hope you grant me acess. you will be fully credited. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6C4SbzEt4 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

[³ªÀǶóÀ̺귯¸®, ÇѸÞÀÏ] ¾Ë·Ï´Þ·Ï~ ¸ÞÀÏ¿¡ º°Ç¥½ÃÇϱ⠾÷±×·¹À̵å!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

to all those who called me a Theif FUCK YOU!!!!!!
there is the proof and feel stupid in the process mother fuckers.

aaahhhhhhhhhhhh that felt good.

anyways please get back to the feed back i simply forgot to fix the def file and the readme when uploading.
i'm under alot of stress with my personal life and been forgeting little things. i'm sorry really.
Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:51:30 pm by alexlexus
#53  March 31, 2008, 11:51:41 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
If you can, post a screenshot of the email.

It will be more convincing and it might keep unwanted attention from surfacing. Sadly though, I highly doubt that.

@missfary, if you don't care about alex as you said earlier, why frequent this thread and making the situation even worse than it already is?
Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:55:27 pm by Ninno -29-
#54  April 01, 2008, 12:00:23 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

Ohhhhh something simple that i thought was complicated. lol i think i was under too much pressure from trying to make him fight that the small task were scary to me.
#55  April 01, 2008, 12:21:30 am
i dont think you needed to prove yourself or draft yourself into arguments that preceed the topic. its because of drama like this that your topics seem to be clouded in negativity. best thing to do is ignore and recognise what is helpful and respond to that. anyways keep on keeping on
#56  April 01, 2008, 12:22:28 am
  • Candy Princess
to all those who called me a Theif FUCK YOU!!!!!!
there is the proof and feel stupid in the process mother fuckers.

aaahhhhhhhhhhhh that felt good.

anyways please get back to the feed back i simply forgot to fix the def file and the readme when uploading.
i'm under alot of stress with my personal life and been forgeting little things. i'm sorry really.
Glad to see how worked up you got over that darling.  :)

@ Ninno

I mainly kept replying since people were conversing with me. Beyond that I guess I just did since I didn't feel like withdrawing myself from the topic yet. (Mainly since the manner in which Alex handles stuff makes me laugh harder every time another one of these episodes occurs )
#57  April 01, 2008, 12:26:54 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
@fairy i think you want to go out on a date or something lmao. just ask i won't say no hahahahaha.

pushback being done soon as for the feedback from shift b
thanks that is really good for how feedback should be given
even if i know i won't always get it that way.
aslo if i offened anyone by making it look like i was
ignoring feedback i am sorry. it was so much that i was getting
at one time to fix on gouken that i could not humanly
fix them all at once. doing it each task one at a time.
it's alot of work.
#58  April 01, 2008, 12:28:13 am
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
heh, understandable.

@alex, now hopefully all of this madness is over with, Seems like you received some helpful feedback.
Anyway I hope the next update will have those errors fixed and best of luck.

-SyN-
#59  April 01, 2008, 12:36:27 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
heh, understandable.

@alex, now hopefully all of this madness is over with, Seems like you received some helpful feedback.
Anyway I hope the next update will have those errors fixed and best of luck.

-SyN-

we also need to have our character do some interaction or something like intros.
i am a fan of your work and dante was a great task with the strider coding.
you laxxe and shinra are the best.
#60  April 01, 2008, 12:44:07 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

here is the screen shot.
#61  April 01, 2008, 02:47:33 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
ninno you still on msn messanger? or xbox live ?
anyone who might want to talk mugen i want to set up rooms for halo3
to talk live. this will really help and i think it's going
to make idea go across better.
#62  April 01, 2008, 03:02:57 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
there is a PM system you know
#63  April 01, 2008, 05:30:51 am

here is the screen shot.

And had you posted that from the beginning instead of leaving a char with readmes with other people's names and information in them, all this could have been avoided.  I'm starting to think you just like all this attention.
#64  April 01, 2008, 05:58:37 am
  • Candy Princess
#65  April 01, 2008, 06:07:52 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#66  April 01, 2008, 06:26:13 am
  • Candy Princess
uh huh you have no idea what you'd be up against.
too much for ya.
Edit:

You know, I was actually going to keep playing that game with you but... If you seriously believe that your dick size factors in with you not being able to deal with a chick like me then you have some big issues.
You can't handle me because I'm actually an intelligent woman. And as an intelligent woman I enjoy the fact my boyfriend is an equally intelligent man, not an illiterate who acts like a teenager and sits around talking about their dick size on the internet to try and boost themselves up. Which is truly, the move of a dork who will probably enjoy the company of their hand and one night stand caliber women for most of their life.

You can talk about what's alleged to be "too much for me" All day long, and my only response to that will be I can enjoy the knowledge that what I have means a little bit more then some superficial idea of what's supposed to be desirable.

Other then that, I really have no idea what to tell you.
Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:08:08 am by missfairy
#67  April 02, 2008, 12:01:08 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
#68  April 02, 2008, 12:16:40 am
#69  April 02, 2008, 12:24:59 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07POIBX3LC4

Tribute Video to alexlexus' gouken and chun-li :sugoi:

i was ignoring this guy for some time now. and now he followed me here to
mugenguild. i am now getting pissed, bitch cut that shit out no one cares.
and since you want to put my mom in this let me have you know
she is very ill and the last thing i need is some stupid mother fucker making dumb ass video
disrespect me my mom and my mugen works.

you are truely the most retarded leecher i have even seen in mugen.
i was  trying to ignore this asshole but this is now gettign out fo hand.
AKA princecronos , fairy and tangu can all kiss my ass.

this is a feedback thread not " make a video of alex's mom being raped slash bash the shit outta a new creator" thread. My fucking goodness!!!!!!!!!
#70  April 02, 2008, 03:25:48 am
    • Canada
Ok so Chun is a beta and naturally, she REALLY needs a lot of work. Here are things that should be top priority.

Close lp and close mk link into each other almost infinitely. Not completely infinite but massive amounts of damage can be done just mashing it.

Air kiko is horribly misaligned

Multiple kikoken move has just less startup time as regular kiko which almost renders the first one useless. Either make the single version faster or this one slower. I recommend the latter. I'd say make it an ex-special but you don't really have those in your chars.

Spinning bird super has a lot of problems.
First, it has really weird hit velocities. There are times where it will vacuum and times where it will push the opponent far away. I'd think it would have to do with CLSN timings, but i have no experience in this so i can't really help. Second, there's no sound on startup. Third, it sounds awful using her hit grunt sound as her voice in this super. So this super really needs fixing.

Proton Cannon super doesn't really have many problems but can be improved.
It looks weird that the cannon just appears out of nowhere. It would look better if she jump and caught it. Also once she's firing, she's sort of stuck in a still pose. She needs a recoil frame.

Her stance. It has almost no fluidity. Her qipao and stance is bordering seizure level. Needs more sprites or conversion to her normal stance.

No idea why you got rid of her original close HK. In third strike it was a very reliable stuff move. Her split kick has way too much startup time and right now is almost useless. It should be changed to back+HK. It should also serve as a launcher for the way the move looks.

And for the lower priority.

Most of her normals are not accurate to sf3 speed. This is seen in J. Lee's character too. Of those that should be fixed are:

Standing far HP
Standing jump HK
Forward HK
Standing HK

Almost all normals need more pushback.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#71  April 03, 2008, 05:55:45 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
Ok so Chun is a beta and naturally, she REALLY needs a lot of work. Here are things that should be top priority.

Close lp and close mk link into each other almost infinitely. Not completely infinite but massive amounts of damage can be done just mashing it.

Air kiko is horribly misaligned

Multiple kikoken move has just less startup time as regular kiko which almost renders the first one useless. Either make the single version faster or this one slower. I recommend the latter. I'd say make it an ex-special but you don't really have those in your chars.

Spinning bird super has a lot of problems.
First, it has really weird hit velocities. There are times where it will vacuum and times where it will push the opponent far away. I'd think it would have to do with CLSN timings, but i have no experience in this so i can't really help. Second, there's no sound on startup. Third, it sounds awful using her hit grunt sound as her voice in this super. So this super really needs fixing.

Proton Cannon super doesn't really have many problems but can be improved.
It looks weird that the cannon just appears out of nowhere. It would look better if she jump and caught it. Also once she's firing, she's sort of stuck in a still pose. She needs a recoil frame.

Her stance. It has almost no fluidity. Her qipao and stance is bordering seizure level. Needs more sprites or conversion to her normal stance.

No idea why you got rid of her original close HK. In third strike it was a very reliable stuff move. Her split kick has way too much startup time and right now is almost useless. It should be changed to back+HK. It should also serve as a launcher for the way the move looks.

And for the lower priority.

Most of her normals are not accurate to sf3 speed. This is seen in J. Lee's character too. Of those that should be fixed are:

Standing far HP
Standing jump HK
Forward HK
Standing HK

Almost all normals need more pushback.

i have another beta of chun li that was totally built on goukens coding this one with j.lee is a test to see if i can combine the work. i love j'lees chun li  and wanted to honor him with the collaborating.

also does anyone know how to do juggernaut mvc/msh style power up?
i want to try something.
#72  April 03, 2008, 04:05:03 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
i have bad news.
i am being deployed.
army called me up and informed me
of the status of my unit getting activated.

i will be leaving on the 22nd of the month
and yes this is very serious. I will still be online from now till i leave
but once gone i might not have internet as often
as i have been on.

for those who didn't like me much and gave me a hard time,
in case something happens to me i am not holding any ill will.
i want to make sure i said my peace with that. please keep me in
your prayers if you beleive in the lord and wish me a safe return.

laxxe will be in charge of dante till i get back from duty and
will look after gouken and chun li.

shin kazama is watching over dark sean and dan.

thanks to all those who supports me and look forward for me to do my thing again.

updates will be possible but not as often.
#73  April 03, 2008, 04:12:55 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
for those who didn't like me much and gave me a hard time,
in case something happens to me i am not holding any ill will.
i want to make sure i said my peace with that. please keep me in
your prayers if you beleive in the lord and wish me a safe return.
There's a huge difference between criticizing somebody's coding (hey, it's Mugen, serious business, all that), and the real guy behind it, which in almost every case, we don't really know.
I'm pretty sure nobody hold any grief against you.

Anyway, good luck with everything. That really sucks, but well, things like that happen. I hope the place you'll be going to isn't too dangerous.
#74  April 04, 2008, 03:47:36 am
  • Clone 0001 Ver 1.0
    • www.fotolog.com/saikyo_student
Good luck,bro!

Try again,kid...
The Saikyo Student´s videos
http://es.youtube.com/profile?user=SaikyoStudent
#75  April 06, 2008, 10:17:46 am
There's a huge difference between criticizing somebody's coding (hey, it's Mugen, serious business, all that), and the real guy behind it, which in almost every case, we don't really know.
I'm pretty sure nobody hold any grief against you.

Anyway, good luck with everything. That really sucks, but well, things like that happen. I hope the place you'll be going to isn't too dangerous.

Quoted for truth.

Take care of yourself out there, and come back safely.
#76  April 07, 2008, 12:52:30 pm
Hope u return safe...  :(