YesNoOk

DeMille from Tomato Adventure released (Read 7825 times)

Started by DeluxeGamer705, January 01, 2024, 12:18:24 pm
Share this topic:
DeMille from Tomato Adventure released
#1  January 01, 2024, 12:18:24 pm
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
    • sites.google.com/view/dxgsmugensite/main-page

To start off 2024, I'm releasing a new character! ;D

This is DeMille from Tomato Adventure. He is a six-button character with a moveset which contains some moves he could receive in the game, which are gimmicks. Additionally, one of his other moves is a different version of one of his gimmicks, while two of his other moves are stronger versions of two of his specials. :)

An interesting note about him is that I've been planning on making him since November 2022, back when I was still new at creating Mugen content, but I ended up scrapping him because I lost interest in making him. However, a year later, my interest in making him has returned, so I remade him from scratch, and I did not end up scrapping him. ;)

You can get him here:
https://sites.google.com/view/dxgsmugensite/characters

Like always, any feedback is welcome. ;D

Also known as "BartekZioomPro" (crappy name, I know).
Playin' Mugen since 2017, creating content since 2022.
Re: DeMille from Tomato Adventure released
#2  January 02, 2024, 12:12:01 pm
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
DeMille has been slightly updated to v1.0.1, fixing an oversight where one of the animations for one of P2's custom states that is caused by one of DeMille's moves lacked hurtboxes on most frames (only one frame had hurtboxes, while the remaining ones did not have them). Sorry about that!  :neutral:

#3  January 08, 2024, 06:28:39 pm
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
DeMille has been slightly updated again, this time to v1.0.5 to fix two small graphical errors, one which was present in his victory portrait and one in one of his hypers. ;)

#4  January 28, 2024, 10:20:29 am
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
DeMille has been updated to v1.1!
Changelog:

- His level 2 hyper's startup time has been lowered, meaning if DeMille cancels the light variation of one of his specials into his level 2 hyper, the latter should easily hit.
- Adjusted the A.I.
- Fixed a weird oversight where his level 3 hyper somehow used 2000 Power despite actually requiring 3000 to be used.

Make sure you re-download him on my Mugen site. ;)

#5  January 28, 2024, 04:36:57 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Found some issues:

- Regarding the readme, LMH typically mean "light, medium, hard" rather than "low, medium, high"
- Taunt has no hurtboxes
- Can link 24 jabs before P2 (KFM) is too far away to continue. Can do the same with some other chains
- I think, overall, instead of having no pushback on hit you should make some attacks move slightly forward
- Should be able to attack while running
- Diagonal Gear-Yo can't be done while crouching so the input is actually harder than supposed to (can't end on DF). I mentioned this one specifically but the truth is every special/super should be allowed while crouching
- Can special cancel hard punches but not light and medium
- A-B Glove should probably not knock down
- Punches can chain into kicks of same strength but not stronger
- Crouching C, A, Y, B, C can be looped several times before P2 can get up
- Damage scaling gets so low attacks can do 0 damage
- Could use air versions of a couple specials, such as Tail Wag and Kendama
- Supers have so much startup they can't combo from hard normals
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#6  January 28, 2024, 06:04:39 pm
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
Found some issues:

- Regarding the readme, LMH typically mean "light, medium, hard" rather than "low, medium, high"
I actually used the "low, medium and high" rather the "light, medium, hard", but I think I can change it in the readme.
- Taunt has no hurtboxes
Whoops, the second time I've missed an oversight where a character of mine has no hurtboxes in the taunt (yes, the first case happened in my Bomb/Black Bird). Will fix that in an update.
- Can link 24 jabs before P2 (KFM) is too far away to continue. Can do the same with some other chains
- I think, overall, instead of having no pushback on hit you should make some attacks move slightly forward
Will definitely try implementing this in an update.
- Should be able to attack while running
Will try fixing that one.
- Diagonal Gear-Yo can't be done while crouching so the input is actually harder than supposed to (can't end on DF). I mentioned this one specifically but the truth is every special/super should be allowed while crouching
Will try fixing that one too.
- Can special cancel hard punches but not light and medium
Will definitely make the light and medium punches able to be cancelled into specials (should this also apply for hypers?).
- A-B Glove should probably not knock down
Alright, will remove the knockdown from it.
- Punches can chain into kicks of same strength but not stronger
Will make his weaker punches cancelled into stronger kicks (as well as weaker kicks into stronger punches) possible in an update.
- Crouching C, A, Y, B, C can be looped several times before P2 can get up
Will try fixing that one.
- Damage scaling gets so low attacks can do 0 damage
Will try tweaking the damage scaling.
- Could use air versions of a couple specials, such as Tail Wag and Kendama
Will implement the air versions of Tail Wag and Kendama in an update.
- Supers have so much startup they can't combo from hard normals
Will tone down their startup in an update.

Thanks for feedback, Mr. PotS. ;D

N_N

#7  January 28, 2024, 11:04:33 pm
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
A couple things I found:

- This is more personal preference, but IMO Tail Wag and Kendama should have their commands swapped. It's a little weird how a move where you swing your legs is activated with a punch, but then a move where you swing your arms is activated with a kick.
- The super portrait doesn't bind to the screen (explod needs "bindtime = -1")
- While each version of Kendama deals a different amount of damage, the animations and hit properties are the same for each one. Which means you really only need to use the HK version since it does the most damage. I would either make it so there's only one version, or change up the other versions a bit.
- His hitboxes disappear at the end of his jumping strong punch.
- Really minor, but you forgot to delete the landing sound code in state -3. It's not needed since he doesn't have a landing sound.

You're getting better at this, slowly but surely!
#8  January 29, 2024, 07:00:39 am
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
A couple things I found:

- This is more personal preference, but IMO Tail Wag and Kendama should have their commands swapped. It's a little weird how a move where you swing your legs is activated with a punch, but then a move where you swing your arms is activated with a kick.
Alrighty then, will swap their commands in an update.
- The super portrait doesn't bind to the screen (explod needs "bindtime = -1")
Oh, so THIS is what I've missed. Will fix that in an update.
- While each version of Kendama deals a different amount of damage, the animations and hit properties are the same for each one. Which means you really only need to use the HK version since it does the most damage. I would either make it so there's only one version, or change up the other versions a bit.
I'll make it so that each version of it deals the same amount of damage (I also thought about doing the same to his other specials but since they have differences, being increased velocities for stronger versions, I decided to keep them like that).
- His hitboxes disappear at the end of his jumping strong punch.
Small correction - his hurtboxes. Will fix that in an update.
- Really minor, but you forgot to delete the landing sound code in state -3. It's not needed since he doesn't have a landing sound.

You're getting better at this, slowly but surely!

Will remove it in an update.

Thanks! :)

Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 04:36:44 pm by DeluxeGamer705
#9  February 04, 2024, 08:05:37 pm
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
DeMille has been updated to v1.2.
Changelog:

- Fixed an issue where DeMille lacked hurtboxes on the taunt, causing him to be invincible for its entire duration, as well as in jumping strong punch's ending frame.
- DeMille now can attack while running.
- It's now possible for DeMille to cancel his weaker punches into stronger kicks (the same applies for his weaker kicks into stronger punches).
- DeMille now cancel his light and medium normals into specials.
- Tried to remove a way to juggle the opponent several times by rapidly cancelling his crouching kicks from light to heavy.
- DeMille's normals push the opponents into a farther distance.
-- However, to try to counter this, I've made DeMille's standing stronger normals move him forward a bit.
- A-B Glove no longer knocks down the opponent if it hits.
- Tried to tweak the damage scaling.
- Tail Wag and Kendama now can be also performed while airbone.
-- Speaking of Tail Wag and Kendama, their commands, along with Tail Charge's command, were swapped.
- The hypers' startup time has been lowered, allowing them to be cancelled from his hard normals.
- The hyper portrait now binds to the screen.
- Removed an unused code in his landing sound since he doesn't have any landing sounds.
- Kendama now has only one variation instead of three, since its animation is the same, though it still can be perfomed with three attack buttons (in this case, punches).

#10  March 21, 2024, 05:44:32 pm
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
And here we go with another update, being v1.3. :)
Changelog:

- Added a dodge, a power charge and a super jump.
- DeMille's crouching strong punch now launches the opponent into the air instead of simply hitting the opponent.
-- This allows DeMille to cancel it into his super jump, allowing for aerial raves.
- Slightly modifed Readme's style.