YesNoOk

Gouki, Gouken, Ryu and Akira updated (15/07/2024) (Read 15107 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, June 30, 2024, 06:30:47 pm
Share this topic:
Gouki, Gouken, Ryu and Akira updated (15/07/2024)
#1  June 30, 2024, 06:30:47 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)
Download

Spoiler: Gouki's Changelog (click to see content)
Spoiler: Gouken's Changelog (click to see content)
Spoiler: Ryu's Changelog (click to see content)
Spoiler: Akira's Changelog (click to see content)

Compatibility Patch for varo_hade's Gen.

Q: What is the deal with your Gouki?
A: It has three modes. It has one based off his Classic Moveset, another one based off his Shin Gouki appearances, and finally a last one based off SF6. Shin Gouki is a broken boss tier character so I won't go over him, but the main different between Classic and EX Gouki is that Classic has very strong neutral and tricky mix while EX Gouki has better damage and straight forward frame traps.

Q: Will Gouki be updated beyond this?
A: Besides bugfixing, I have hopes for his two missing normals to be sprited and added. I will also revisit him to add Oni Mode and Mech Gouki, but that won't happen any time soon.

Q: What is next?
A: It's Ash.
Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 02:35:46 pm by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Gouki released, Gouken and Ryu updated (30/06/2024)
#2  June 30, 2024, 07:35:47 pm
Great Work. Better on better skills, screenshots are Amazing.
Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 08:46:54 pm by kyoman
#3  June 30, 2024, 09:08:38 pm
  • I LOVE MIDUMA ❤
    • Argentina
Your Gouki/Akuma is pretty good, my only complaint is that the Gohadoken is poorly positioned, as is your Ryu's Hadou Ken (In My Opinion)

Same and it's pretty good.
#4  June 30, 2024, 09:23:45 pm
    • Brazil
    • lilyrica.neocities.org
Congrats on the release! Was waiting for this one.
I found a few things that you might want to look at, though:

Classic:
- The small portrait has the wrong palette (at least for normal mode)
- Hyakki Gosai (normal kick throw) is going back instead of forward when you grab P2
- Kongo Kokuretsuzan is giving a debug error

Shin:
- Tenma Shurettou (punch version) makes him invisible, probably a missing animation

Now these are most suggestions and you may ignore if you feel like it.
Would you consider making alternate commands? Mostly to follow his CvS2 commands, like DP+k for Hyakkishu, 2QCB+P for Messatsu Gohado, 2QCF+P for Messatsu Goshoryu, etc. Also for Shin mode, since he doesn't have EX moves, you can add a shortcut to his teleport using 2P and 2K instead of 3. Finally, for Tenma Shurettou, I think the timing is a bit tight (I know it is thight in CvS2, I made the animation on my Shin Gouki longer on purpose lol), and you could also make a version with 2P and 2K instead of 3.

I think that's all. I only tested Classic and Shin, will be back if I find something else.
Thanks for one more awesome character! ;D
Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 09:28:25 pm by DeathScythe
#5  June 30, 2024, 11:49:09 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
It was a nice surprise to see you working on him, I was waiting since I saw on discord.
For now I can only address two little things:
All of his sfv pals have some bright blue colors for his gloves and it doesn't seem intentional.
Shin mode taunt uses Evil Ryu's voice.
#6  July 01, 2024, 12:08:13 am
    • USA
Having alot of fun with your Gouki! The EX is really fathful and has it's own little things which is nice.
#7  July 01, 2024, 04:02:54 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Btw I did a thing:

SF EX+a Light
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
SF EX+a Medium
SF EX+a Heavy
#8  July 01, 2024, 09:03:37 pm
  • F*** My Life
  • 2021-2023
GREAT!!

Thank You!!

EX Gouki Is AWESOME!!
I wanted to make a lot of cool games and characters but I don't have time or assistance!

I quit but I'm around to Test & Press F1

All of my projects are OFFICIALLY cancelled. If you want to make it better... don't give me any credit. I'm not the greatest of all time

My attention deficit disorder got a lot worse so I can't do anything. I don't have time because I'm a slave to the system
Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 10:37:00 pm by Emerie The Devil
#9  July 02, 2024, 04:19:29 pm
I have not played sf6 yet, but his this move looks pretty impressive using cvs sprites  :msurprised:

A: It has three modes. It has one based off his Classic Moveset, another one based off his Shin Gouki appearances, and finally a last one based off SF6. Shin Gouki is a broken boss tier character so I won't go over him, but the main different between Classic and EX Gouki is that Classic has very strong neutral and tricky mix while EX Gouki has better damage and straight forward frame traps.
If you added Ex Shin Gouki mode with his movesets from SNK vs. Capcom Chaos, he could be even broken boss tier than the one in cvs2, super moves no meter spend :P

My real life is coming soon........!
#10  July 04, 2024, 01:51:26 pm
    • Germany
Great Work. Better on better skills, screenshots are Amazing.
Thanks!!

Your Gouki/Akuma is pretty good, my only complaint is that the Gohadoken is poorly positioned, as is your Ryu's Hadou Ken (In My Opinion)

Same and it's pretty good.
Thanks!!
Yeah it's true that the position could be a bit better.

I'm using the data values from CvS2 but they have minor display differences. Not sure if its the hi-res process or the rips or what. Very close though, and fireball hitboxes should be spot on.
Congrats on the release! Was waiting for this one.
I'm glad! :) Thanks!
I found a few things that you might want to look at, though:

Classic:
- The small portrait has the wrong palette (at least for normal mode)
- Every time lmao. Fixed.
- Hyakki Gosai (normal kick throw) is going back instead of forward when you grab P2
- Nowadays I'm making it so the grab sends the opponent into the direction you're holding.
- Kongo Kokuretsuzan is giving a debug error
- Fixed.
Shin:
- Tenma Shurettou (punch version) makes him invisible, probably a missing animation
- Fixed.

Now these are most suggestions and you may ignore if you feel like it.
Would you consider making alternate commands? Mostly to follow his CvS2 commands, like DP+k for Hyakkishu, 2QCB+P for Messatsu Gohado, 2QCF+P for Messatsu Goshoryu, etc. Also for Shin mode, since he doesn't have EX moves, you can add a shortcut to his teleport using 2P and 2K instead of 3. Finally, for Tenma Shurettou, I think the timing is a bit tight (I know it is thight in CvS2, I made the animation on my Shin Gouki longer on purpose lol), and you could also make a version with 2P and 2K instead of 3.
- Hmmm not really considering alt commands for most of those, but the 2 button shortcuts for S.Gouki's Teleport and Counter are a great idea! Just added 'em.
I think that's all. I only tested Classic and Shin, will be back if I find something else.
Thanks for one more awesome character! ;D
Thanks man :)
It was a nice surprise to see you working on him, I was waiting since I saw on discord.
I'm glad man :)
For now I can only address two little things:
All of his sfv pals have some bright blue colors for his gloves and it doesn't seem intentional.
- Hmmm the gloves? Just to be clear, not the belt, right?
Knucks did tell me to change the belt colors if I felt they were too bright.
Shin mode taunt uses Evil Ryu's voice.
- Fixed.
Having alot of fun with your Gouki! The EX is really fathful and has it's own little things which is nice.
Eyyy I'm glad you're liking it.
Btw I did a thing:

SF EX+a Light
SF EX+a Medium
SF EX+a Heavy
Yoooo thank you so much. 3D palettes are always welcome and the Light one is right down my alley in terms of the colors I use.
GREAT!!

Thank You!!

EX Gouki Is AWESOME!!
Thanks!!
I have not played sf6 yet, but his this move looks pretty impressive using cvs sprites  :msurprised:
Took quite a bit of trial and error. Shout outs to the guys over Discord for the feedback provided.

If you added Ex Shin Gouki mode with his movesets from SNK vs. Capcom Chaos, he could be even broken boss tier than the one in cvs2, super moves no meter spend :P
Hehehehe. I low key considered him having gain meter passively while controlled by the AI.

Some other feedback from Discord:
.JSON
Gouki's unintended Light Tatsu combo.
- Fixed.
Evil Ryu Intro Bug.
- Fixed.
Kongo Shakka cancelability.
- Might add super cancel into the follow ups.
JtheSaltyy
MAX Messatsu Gohado whiff at specific distances.
- Fixed.
RagingRowen
Sometimes Shun Goku Satsu turns P2 incorrectly.
Can't reproduce that bug.
Tohru
Ryu:
-Charging FX on Denjin Hadoken doesn't seem to be bound to Ryu (noticed this after the opponent pushed him after an EX Jodan Sokuto Geri wallbounce).
-Speaking of EX Jodan, the wallbounce seems to behave weirdly on some characters (landed the move on ohgaki's Lilith, only for her to for some reason not go back in the direction of Ryu, I checked to make sure she had the right animation numbers, and she does, so I don't know what the deal with that is).
- Fixed.
- Working on it. Its related to anim 5902.
Gouken (not really your current focus, but I'll leave this here anyways):
-One of the sprites on crouching HP has Gouken's gi on the wrong shoulder (only a minor thing but I just though I'd mention it).
-Fully Charged Gohadoken has a shadow upon destruction.
- Fixed.
- Fixed.

It has been a rough start of the week so only yesterday I could sit up and work on some fixes. I have three pending bugs so later today I'll update these fellas. Thanks for all the support!
#11  July 04, 2024, 04:52:53 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
Oh boy, the SF6 stuff looks great, will try him out for sure!

#12  July 05, 2024, 12:07:35 am
    • Brazil
    • lilyrica.neocities.org
- Nowadays I'm making it so the grab sends the opponent into the direction you're holding.

Oh, no, I meant the kick grab from demon flip. Whatever direction I hold, he is always going backwards.

Also thanks for considering some of my suggestions!
#13  July 05, 2024, 05:35:40 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Something I should ask:
Was his Messatsu Gouhadou projectile always slow? It's probably like that in CvS2 and I'm used to super fast projectile supers, but it's worth bringing up to satisfy my curiosity.

Oh, no, I meant the kick grab from demon flip. Whatever direction I hold, he is always going backwards.

Seems like it could be potential, the punch throw goes forward while the kick throw goes backwards.
WIP Schedule:
Most likely my next full-game
Re: Gouki, Gouken, Ryu and Akira updated (07/07/2024)
#14  July 07, 2024, 01:59:33 pm
    • Germany

Ohhh. I thought the autoturn was a bit weird.
Something I should ask:
Was his Messatsu Gouhadou projectile always slow? It's probably like that in CvS2 and I'm used to super fast projectile supers, but it's worth bringing up to satisfy my curiosity.
Yup.

Gouki, Gouken, Ryu and Akira were all updated.
Spoiler: Gouki (click to see content)
Spoiler: Gouken (click to see content)
Spoiler: Ryu (click to see content)
Spoiler: Akira (click to see content)
Re: Gouki, Gouken, Ryu and Akira updated (07/07/2024)
#15  July 07, 2024, 07:56:39 pm
    • USA
I don't know if it's just me, but Gouki's super activation sfx seems to fluctuate in volume, mostly noticed this in EX and Shin mode, not sure about classic.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had my earbuds plugged in with one earbud in my ear, disregard what I said here.
Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 11:00:27 pm by LohrFF0rt
Re: Gouki, Gouken, Ryu and Akira updated (15/07/2024)
#16  July 15, 2024, 02:35:59 pm
    • Germany
I don't know if it's just me, but Gouki's super activation sfx seems to fluctuate in volume, mostly noticed this in EX and Shin mode, not sure about classic.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had my earbuds plugged in with one earbud in my ear, disregard what I said here.
Was going crazy for a second hahahaha.

Akira, Ryu and Gouki updated.
Spoiler: Gouki's Changelog (click to see content)
Spoiler: Ryu's Changelog (click to see content)
Spoiler: Akira's Changelog (click to see content)
#17  July 16, 2024, 07:25:19 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Finally got around testing Gouki and have to say that he's pretty well done. I find it smart you called him by his Japanese name instead so it doesn't conflict with DeathScythe's version. Was originally planning to use Shin mode only, but the SF6's moveset was a nice surprise. Just like Iori, the additional modes makes the characters worth playing standalone.

Although, I find it odd that Gouki's special intro in Shin mode does not trigger with your Evil Ryu. Yet it works fine with Classic and EX Gouki, just not Shin mode for some reason and they do their regular intros instead. Also, since you have a compatibility patch with Gen, can you have one with Victorys' Evil Ryu too? DeathScythe and DW does, but it's one or the other and not both. So thought it would be easier to add yours along with theirs for convenience sake.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#18  July 16, 2024, 01:27:35 pm
    • Germany
Finally got around testing Gouki and have to say that he's pretty well done. I find it smart you called him by his Japanese name instead so it doesn't conflict with DeathScythe's version. Was originally planning to use Shin mode only, but the SF6's moveset was a nice surprise. Just like Iori, the additional modes makes the characters worth playing standalone.
Eyy, thanks man, I'm glad you're ejoying him :)

Although, I find it odd that Gouki's special intro in Shin mode does not trigger with your Evil Ryu. Yet it works fine with Classic and EX Gouki, just not Shin mode for some reason and they do their regular intros instead. Also, since you have a compatibility patch with Gen, can you have one with Victorys' Evil Ryu too? DeathScythe and DW does, but it's one or the other and not both. So thought it would be easier to add yours along with theirs for convenience sake.
I want to limit Shin Gouki's Special Intros to keep a bit of his final boss aura, altho I'd like to come up with a Special Intro vs Serious Mr. Karate and/or God Rugal in the future.
Regarding Victory's compatibility patch, there you go:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/aje8js0b82ry7a5/EvilRyu_%2528compatibility_patch_for_Victorys%2527_Evil_Ryu%2529.rar/file
I ninja updated (no changelog) Ryu and Gouki for compatibility with this character, so redownload those if you expect the intros to work.