YesNoOk

dual character portraits (Read 3845 times)

Started by TRyu, February 16, 2008, 08:37:59 am
Share this topic:
dual character portraits
#1  February 16, 2008, 08:37:59 am
  • fallen...
I noticed Warusaki3 creates dual characters ... like Ken and then Violent Ken by holding START at the select screen. 
The only thing is, the portrait for Violent Ken doesn't appear during the "versus screen" after the select screen.
The cns and air files are shared so does anyone know what commands trigger the portraits and is this even possible ?
Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 07:04:38 pm by TRyu
Re: dual character portraits
#2  February 16, 2008, 11:53:22 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Errrm... those characters are activated by the code. The portraits can't just MAGICALLY change when you want to be Violent Ken.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#3  February 16, 2008, 07:17:04 pm
  • fallen...
hmm ok, well after the select screen comes the versus screen in between loading so since VKen is being loaded with his dedicated sprites why can't Mugen point to the Vken portrait instead of regular Ken?

It just seems like something that is do-able.. I just haven't learned enough of Mugen's coding scheme.  But I've done C++ and assembly (but not disassembly).

Unless its hardcoded in the exe but I hope not 
#4  February 16, 2008, 07:36:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that's the point, there is no Vken dedicated sprites as both ken and vken use the same sprite set.
#5  February 16, 2008, 07:45:56 pm
  • fallen...
that's the point, there is no Vken dedicated sprites as both ken and vken use the same sprite set.

yes , cvs ken DOES have dedicated sprites for both ken and Vken.  It has cvsken.sff and cvsken_ex.sff.. both with different character portraits.

CMD, cns and air file are shared.  The DEF files, cvsken, and cvsken_ex are separate. 
So basically, at the versus screen before the match (after the select screen is done), mugen should reference the cvsken_ex and grab the Vken portrait.  I mean why not? It will eventually load the Vken sprite anyway so why not reference it earlier ?
#6  February 21, 2008, 10:19:21 pm
    • USA
that's stupid, saying that shows how much you dont know about mugen  :-X, go read their .def files before discussing with someone here again, you will note the characters can use only 1 sff file.
#7  March 07, 2008, 04:57:06 am
he has reason, THERE IS a separate sprites for vken.