YesNoOk

Trouble with Mode Select (Read 4529 times)

Started by Zobbes, June 28, 2024, 07:10:57 am
Share this topic:
Trouble with Mode Select
#1  June 28, 2024, 07:10:57 am
  • Sup Gamer
    • USA
Been trying to get more done with my screenpack as of late, but I've run into a couple of problems with the mode select feature.

I've tried looking into other screenpacks to see what others did but to no avail.

Here's the code I have so far

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I like things
Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 07:15:10 am by Zobbes
Re: Trouble with Mode Select
#2  June 28, 2024, 01:40:46 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
What is the issue exactly? Is the first image what you want the second one to look like? Is one P1 and the other P2?

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3  June 28, 2024, 05:16:57 pm
  • Sup Gamer
    • USA
What is the issue exactly? Is the first image what you want the second one to look like? Is one P1 and the other P2?

My bad, I thought I was being clear. The first image is almost correct. The end result is supposed to look like this from my mugen screenpack build:

The two issues is that
1) The icons for how many characters are a multi and turns are not showing up.
2) When you select modes, the text moves across the screen despite when in fighter factory, it doesn't shift/move at all.

I don't know if I have the right values for group and index in the sprites
(Solo - 0, 103)
(multi - 0, 109)
(Tag Team - 0, 84)
(Turns - 0, 85)
(Ratio - 0, 86)
I like things
#4  June 28, 2024, 08:39:23 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Would it not have made more sense to take the MUGEN screenpack and add in the extra stuff from system.base.def? If the original doesn't display properly in IKEMEN without modification, then there's either a bug with IKEMEN or it's since been fixed and you're running an outdated build.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5  June 30, 2024, 07:44:14 am
  • Sup Gamer
    • USA
Would it not have made more sense to take the MUGEN screenpack and add in the extra stuff from system.base.def? If the original doesn't display properly in IKEMEN without modification, then there's either a bug with IKEMEN or it's since been fixed and you're running an outdated build.

I'm using the latest non-nightly build of 0.99. Didn't think to use the system.base.def so that made things a bit easier. I was able to fix up the little icons for how many players is on a team.

Now my current issue is that the mode select is still doing what is shown in the pictures on. Do I have the right sprite values for the group and index in the previous message above? In Fighter Factory it looks correct, but in Ikemen the images are all over the screen.

I like things
#6  July 09, 2024, 06:59:53 am
  • Sup Gamer
    • USA
https://i.imgur.com/s0NjcAC.mp4

Still need help with this. Video should show what the issue is.

Code below.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I like things