YesNoOk

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves (Read 346066 times)

Started by videoman, August 07, 2022, 11:04:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves
#41  August 07, 2023, 01:17:21 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I mean, the models were tweaked enough (compare the details on Terry's jacket or his face, for example) to not look exactly the same. The game is also going for a unique semi cel-shading style, different from XV.

Models in this game are different from XV, as much as SF x Tekken models were different from SFIV.

I do expect a story mode that takes place after Mark of the Wolves and might see those characters from that canceled* (more like postponed) Neo-geo sequel along with brand new characters.

Watch as the story actually ties in to the newest KOF timeline, just to have a excuse to de-age Mai and the AoF crew once again...! :pwn::goi:
#42  August 07, 2023, 01:34:27 am
    • Argentina
a video so you can see the differences with kof XV
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#43  August 07, 2023, 01:58:27 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I want this game to have a City Tour mode similar to SFVI World Tour mode, which could be its story mode. In this mode, you travel around South Town. It can do something similar but more condensed. You are playing as an original character going on missions and learning from the masters.

Please no. I'd rather follow the stories of the actual characters and not a faceless oc. WT was fine and all but making it the main story mode was a huge mistake.

Hokutomaru, Kevin Rian
Many are saying that it's actually Andy and Billy Kane.
The voice just before Mai sounds way old for Hokutomaru, but for Kevin, just before the "fire" that might be Billy, isn't that also Kevin's "bingo" kick super ? And the airport was already his stage in MotW too right ? I love his style and I hope he comes back, same for Jae Hoon. And Freeman. I think Grant's staying dead though.
Is Jenet not there ?
Trailer without reaction noise https://youtube.com/watch?v=1bMKYAeMWr4

https://twitter.com/GenesisDC02/status/1687979120376889344

I do expect a story mode that takes place after Mark of the Wolves and might see those characters from that canceled* (more like postponed) Neo-geo sequel along with brand new characters.

I really want for those characters to appear, they're too good to go to waste.
#44  August 07, 2023, 05:32:41 am
    • Brazil
Yeah, I really hope they don't just shove a bunch of KoF characters in this. Its supposed to be a different game, not just another KoF.
#45  August 08, 2023, 01:53:07 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Honestly, I'd rather want them to shove more of AoF if they are to shove any other outside of the FF cast.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#46  August 08, 2023, 04:09:00 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#47  August 08, 2023, 04:35:32 pm
I think Grant's staying dead though.
in the cancelled garou 2, he survived, so we are not sure if he is gonna make it here lol

Yeah, I really hope they don't just shove a bunch of KoF characters in this. Its supposed to be a different game, not just another KoF.
iori yagami was a guest character in gameboy version of real bout fatal fury special, but that was develop by takara, so we won't know what snk might be cooking

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#48  August 08, 2023, 04:45:31 pm
I think Grant's staying dead though.
in the cancelled garou 2, he survived, so we are not sure if he is gonna make it here lol
If they put Kain in the trailer, I imagine they would have put Grant, so at this point I'll assume he's not making it. It's looking like they put mostly the returning characters, and I don't supposed they'd have left more returning characters out of that trailer
so it looks to me like Grant, Freeman and the Kim kids are getting the cut (and maybe Hokutomaru if that older voice with Mai and Jenet isn't him). I imagine they didn't want to put two Kims, and they didn't want to put one and not the other, so maybe they'll just come up with a new Taekwondo character to replace all of them.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#49  August 08, 2023, 06:03:59 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
If they put Kain in the trailer, I imagine they would have put Grant, so at this point I'll assume he's not making it. It's looking like they put mostly the returning characters, and I don't supposed they'd have left more returning characters out of that trailer
so it looks to me like Grant, Freeman and the Kim kids are getting the cut (and maybe Hokutomaru if that older voice with Mai and Jenet isn't him). I imagine they didn't want to put two Kims, and they didn't want to put one and not the other, so maybe they'll just come up with a new Taekwondo character to replace all of them.
My safe take is that the older sounding voice is actually Andy given he was in one of the teasers with a new look. Probably safer to bring back as many older characters due to already having assets they can base things off.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#50  August 08, 2023, 06:47:27 pm
Ah right, asset reuse does explain the instant reveal for the likes of Billy and Mai for a FF game.
That only makes me wonder harder what they'll do with the Taekwondo rep.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#51  August 10, 2023, 02:42:40 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I just screamed like EVO crowd when I saw for the first time that trailer, so yeah, don't expect my expectations with this game would be low

I hope they continue the original FF/AOF timeline with this game and make it apart of KOF, like they did with SamSho. Eventually also I hope the whole Garou crew will be back (yeah, Grant too), and the FF additions is good to see them back like Andy, Mai, Joe and Billy, I hope to see more and even guys from AOF (apart of Old Ryo/Mr. Karate II would be great to see Old Robert like in NGBC)...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#52  August 10, 2023, 05:49:14 am
    • Brazil
I feel like they'll bring the entire original roster back at the very least. After all, either they have some success (Rock, Jenet, Hotaru, Gato, Tizoc) or they could use some love since they didn't really show up as anything but cameos.
#53  August 10, 2023, 03:45:40 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Give or take, this game will probably feature the Garou cast (14 characters), plus Andy, Joe, Mai, Billy, plus three or four newcomers. This would give us a starting roster of around 20/22 characters.

This of course not taking DLC into account, which this game will surely have. Characters like Rick are obvious DLC material.
#54  August 10, 2023, 09:28:42 pm
    • Brazil
I just hope they A) bring White back, since he is obscure even among obscure SNK characters and B) don't just slap a bunch of KoF characters into this. I know its the same universe and Garou is a Fatal Fury game, which shares characters with KoF, but this is supposed to come after Garou, and Garou's whole thing was having new characters, except for Terry, because he was the protagonist.
#55  August 10, 2023, 09:34:26 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I just hope they A) bring White back, since he is obscure even among obscure SNK characters and B) don't just slap a bunch of KoF characters into this. I know its the same universe and Garou is a Fatal Fury game, which shares characters with KoF, but this is supposed to come after Garou, and Garou's whole thing was having new characters, except for Terry, because he was the protagonist.
I would like to see Meira brothers as DLC chars if SNK is not afraid of success (considering KOF:MI games occur in the FF/AOF timeline)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#56  August 10, 2023, 10:47:31 pm
    • Brazil
Wait, really? I thought it had its own timeline. Well, lets hope they use this opportunity then. Its really a shame that Maximum Impact wasn't given any attention after Regulation A, not even in that mobile game.
#57  August 11, 2023, 12:07:18 am
    • USA
Wait, really? I thought it had its own timeline. Well, lets hope they use this opportunity then. Its really a shame that Maximum Impact wasn't given any attention after Regulation A, not even in that mobile game.

At the very least the MI timeline is closer to that of FF than KoF is, in MI the AoF characters still seem pretty young. It is still weird we have barely even gotten a peep of the MI roster in newer games; maybe the higher-ups really dislike the characters?

I also think Shun’ei is connected enough to the FF storyline, as one of Tung’s last students, to technically be a viable character pick for COTW. However, how would people react to characters from KoF who had connections to FF story wise making it into FF games? To me it would make more sense than the characters with no connections to FF, but I could still see characters like Shun’ei and Malin as controversial if they made it in.

And yes, I do want to see deep cuts from late-run FF like Alfred and Tsugumi make their returns. Has anyone else noticed that the logo for the game has 7 slashes… yet including this there are only 6 canon games, and far more than 7 total games. What does this mean? Is Dominated Mind now canon? Now I want a Dominated Mind UM with Rick, Li, and some more bonus stuff.
Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 12:10:26 am by Miru962
#58  August 11, 2023, 12:42:23 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
...I am just hoping for the newcomers from the scrapped MotW 2 to show up in this game

...am I asking for too much?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#59  August 11, 2023, 12:54:14 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
...I am just hoping for the newcomers from the scrapped MotW 2 to show up in this game

...am I asking for too much?

I think that's a reasonable thing to ask for, honestly. I felt the same way when they did the initial reveal last year, especially since it was hot off all of the Garou 2 assets getting dumped online.

I did like the new trailer but at the same time I have the same worry as everyone else that they're just gonna dump all of the FF characters that were already in KoF into the game and call it a day. I wasn't as worried about this when they revealed that Andy and Joe were gonna be in somewhere (since they were in the aforementioned leaks) but all of the talk about Mai's voice really heightened it as I really would've wanted them to keep their promise about her not playing as big of a role due to her getting old (or something like that).
#60  August 11, 2023, 01:04:11 am
    • Brazil
I don't know, when they scrapped the characters for KoFXII, they didn't come back for any installment that came after, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were gone for good.