YesNoOk

Climax Sacrifice Lifebars 2.0 (Read 7717 times)

Started by Tanky Blobbit, December 02, 2023, 08:18:19 am
Share this topic:
Climax Sacrifice Lifebars 2.0
New #1  December 02, 2023, 08:18:19 am
  • Rabbit + Fantasy Blob = Blobbit with very high DEF
    • USA
It's been a minute, hasn't it? I'mma fix that by updating these Lifebars. This is it's own thread from the topic of the screenpack because most of my focus will be on updating the lifebars. Also to celebrate my 100th post.

What's New:

+ Added Red Life
+ EVERYONE HAS A FACE. Meaning Simul and Tag partners now have visible faces.
+ Redone the Action messages.
+ Added colored win icons:
White - Normal, Green - Special, Red - Super, Blue - Throw, Yellow - Cheese, Cyan - Time Over and Black - Suicide.
+ Support for both 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions.

---Recent Changes For 480p lifebars---
+ Adjusted the lifebar positions a little better
- Removed the flashing powerbars until I figure out a way to make them look more appealing.
+ Added Stroke borders to the win icons for better visibility. Also adjusted the winicons posistions a little more because the 2nd win icon and other icons would go up instead of left or right.
+ Messasges are posistioned better.
+ Scaled the faces better.
= I'm experimenting with having 4 digits for the powerbars. Lemme know if you like it or not.
+ Used and adjusted the unused "Ready Fight" animation.
+ Replaced announcer with the one from Tekken 7. (I used AI to make him say "Ready" Don't know why I didn't do that sooner)
+ "Winner" image is lowered down.
+ "K.O." Now covers the whole screen.
+ And some other things I can't remember atm.

For now, the 480p version gets some love. I'll work on the 720p version sometime in the future. I'll also update the preview pics at some point.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/brpjr4uyn59ug1a/Climax480p.zip/file

4:3 Single

4:3 Simul

4:3 Tag and Turns

16:9 Single

16:9 Simul

16:9 Tag and Turns

What I want to add but fail to do:

- Add damage display with combo.
- Background for Action messages.

Also I did this with the mindset of being P1 all the time. So you'll have to readjust the P2 Score position and all that if playing with a buddy.

Consider this my early Christmas gift to yall! https://www.mediafire.com/file/t65echnrowzohpk/ClimaxBars.zip/file

also don't mind the active tag message. d:

Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 10:04:42 pm by Speedpreacher
Re: Climax Sacrifice Lifebars 2.0
#2  December 02, 2023, 10:41:36 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
These are really cool. :thumbsup: A few thoughts (tested 480p):

- Maybe these spaces could be about the same, i.e. move bars a bit up?

- "Round 1", "Ready", "Fight". If you're not going to add a ready voice you should leave out the text IMO and thus make the fight start a little faster
- The lifebar messages like counter hit etc are getting shown on top of the combo counter when there's more than one. You could align it so that the combo is always above and the messages pop up under it
- Dividing the meter indicator by 10 feels a bit arbitrary. If you want 3 digits you could use a decimal indicator (I forget if it's possible already). I mean 750 meter showing up as 0.75
- Team leader portraits and names are a little small IMO
- The dark box that shows on KO does not cover the screen entirely
- Win indicators are a bit hard to see
- Common sound and effects choices are great
- Life starts flashing red a little too soon. Should probably be like when a couple hits will kill you
- Most of all I feel like it's missing stun and guard bars
- During tag you can see the red life bar under the regular life. Seems more like an issue with the engine. Probably worth listing it on GitHub
- Seems a bit weird that level 2 powerbar has a warmer color than level 3 and up

EDIT: Parts of the powerbar are layered incorrectly:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 02:42:43 pm by PotS
#3  December 02, 2023, 07:18:27 pm
    • USA
- Yeah, I could adjust the pos for the bars.
- I actually want to use the Power Stone 1 announcer for the rounds and have him say "Are you Ready", but he says "Challenge" instead of "Round". To make it consistent, I would have to recreate InfantryDoubleZero.exe's round sprites (or PNG) from scratch.
- lol, I got mixed up and confused when trying to test the 480p and 720p bars adjusting the messages I sorta forgot to adjust it more for 480p.
- I was going for a DBZ power-level feel for the numbers. I can try to adjust this differently.
- Honestly, I want to use a clearer font for the names because it can be confusing to see if being on a stage with a white or very bright background. And as I'm writing this, I have an idea for the faces.
- I need to adjust the KO scale a little then.
- I can add a stroke border to the win icons.
- Dragonball Z SFX is like audible chocolate.
- This originally was a mental reminder for me to start being more defensive instead of offensive towards the opponent.
- I'll think of a way to implement stun and guard bars in the future.
- So I'm not going crazy then. Because I've been trying to figure out why the red life behaves like this.
- I'm actually thinking of reverting these back to the way InfantryDoubleZero.exe had the powerbars.
- I'll address the layer issue.

But overall, I'm glad you enjoy them, Thanks for the feedback!
#4  December 07, 2023, 01:04:40 am
Dope bars, need to grab the latest Ikemen and fiddle around with it when I have the time.
#5  December 07, 2023, 03:10:27 am
    • USA
#6  December 07, 2023, 09:08:49 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
These bars are really fantastic. The only complaint I have is that you should list gofx so the dizzy/guard break mechanics look as intended.
#7  December 09, 2023, 10:57:14 pm
    • USA
These bars are really fantastic. The only complaint I have is that you should list gofx so the dizzy/guard break mechanics look as intended.

I'll include that on the next update. Which is soon-ish cuz I found another oopsie with the tag lifebars.