YesNoOk

Update: MvC:EoH Evil Ryu (Read 5532 times)

Started by vyn, August 04, 2024, 07:58:36 am
Share this topic:

vyn

Update: MvC:EoH Evil Ryu
#1  August 04, 2024, 07:58:36 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Im updating my very old MvC:EoH Evil Ryu, here are some screenshots of progress.

Should be done soon.

Big thanks to DCL for the .sff, its making things a whole lot easier.
Re: Update: MvC:EoH Evil Ryu
#2  August 05, 2024, 04:32:06 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
That is something else! Will all of your old works receive the same treatment.

vyn

#3  August 13, 2024, 05:23:14 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
some progress:

#4  August 13, 2024, 05:47:23 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Nice to see DCL is contributing to this as I was a big fan of his old works back in the Winmugen days when he based his MvC-EoH characters off yours. However, I feel like the visuals felt downgraded from the original. The Shinkuu Hadouken lacks oomph as the hitsound feels to light on each hit and no beam spark upon impact. Also, the new default palette is simply just using Akuma's colors and uses the normal Ryu stance instead Akuma's one from the original MvC (Unless it's intentional if you're basing it off Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX). There's also a delay when the super spark comes out as the sound can be heard before the effect appears. The removal of combo messages feels empty without them.

I really like the blend between MvC2 and CvS2 back then and I understand you want it changed to fit modern standards since the old version does feel kinda dated now, but I'm just not feeling this current one in my opinion. The only positives I can give is the super portrait animations as it's unique and gives off the X-Men vs Street Fighter vibes.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 05:54:53 am by ZolidSone
#5  August 13, 2024, 06:17:43 am
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/utha9mw5dg7tn/My_Chars
It's looking really good man.
I really liked the old version of that Ryu back in the day, also liked your other works like Wolverine and Violent Ken.
Keep it up!