YesNoOk

Is it possible to make a char's transformation invincible/take no damage? (Read 874 times)

Started by Giorno Giostar52, December 26, 2019, 09:58:17 pm
Share this topic:
Is it possible to make a char's transformation invincible/take no damage?
#1  December 26, 2019, 09:58:17 pm
I have a Sonic char that transforms into his Dark, Super, and Hyper Sonic state. I'm absolutely fine with his moveset and am in love with the way he was built, probably the best Sonic char out there in Mugen (in my opinion). One thing I did notice playing as Sonic was that he still takes damage as Super/Hyper Sonic. At that moment, my inner Sonic fan was screaming in horror lol. Canonically speaking, Super Sonic is supposed to be nigh-invulnerable, taking no damage whatsoever. The only thing that can hurt him is a higher force of Chaos energy ( I'm referring to the Master Emerald for those who don't know Sonic lore, Hyper Sonic is immune to this though) yet this Super Sonic takes damage, in fact from what I've seen, all Sonic chars in Mugen that have Super Sonic as a transformation seem to have him take damage.

I've done some scoping and have looked at things like "NotHitBy" and "HitOveride" and tried applying them to Super Sonic's cns file but to no avail. At this point I don't know how to make Super/Hyper Sonic invincible in my Mugen. I'm no programmer or coder so this is a completely new world to me, which is bad enough because I've only recently discovered Mugen and am completely a newbie to this game and community. If possible, can someone help me please? Is it really possible to have Super Sonic take no damage? I'd really appreciate it.
Oh, and here's the download file to Sonic if you wanna take a look at it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/19fo1j5yvcx9ow3/Sonic.rar/file