YesNoOk

Metal Alien + stage (Super Contra Arcade) for AVP Project (Read 7724 times)

Started by sergeus, September 08, 2023, 11:31:17 pm
Share this topic:
Metal Alien + stage (Super Contra Arcade) for AVP Project
#1  September 08, 2023, 11:31:17 pm
  • AVP Project
    • Spain
    • sergeusmugen.blogspot.com
Hi! i´m back again to bring you my new stuff for my Alien vs Predator Project: METAL ALIEN

Sprites ripped from Super Contra Arcade (1988) by Afruitaday! (metal alien) and Sledge (helpers), adapted to fit the standards of my AVP Project
This special character is not playable, only used by the CPU. The pack includes the stage and the original music.

You must defeat a flying metal alien, but be careful, it has some random helpers:
-A chestburster like alien and a worm from the intro (both of them appear from an egg)
-A facehugger like alien and a little drone during the fight
When the round begins, there could be up to 2 helpers and the metal alien is sleeping,
until you hit it for the first time. Then, the helpers will appear one by one.

Metal alien attacks:
-Inner jaws (normal)
-Inner jaws (close)
-Spit red acid
-Life regeneration (everytime it gets power level 3)
The char has 2 different intros and 1 win-pose (it flies away...)

A video of my youtube channel with a test of the char:

Download:
http://sergeusmugen.aluzinecomix.com/mugen/des.htm
Enjoy!
Re: Metal Alien + stage (Super Contra Arcade) for AVP Project
#2  September 09, 2023, 10:19:40 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
It looks like the char is a few years old already. But no matter. Here's some feedback:

- The character and the background colors are too similar. You could make the stage a bit darker, or give them different hues, or both
- It's too vulnerable to spamming crouching attacks. You could make it like if the char receives X hits or damage, it will retreat with invincibility. Or make every hit push it back
- The eggs take longer to hatch if you skip the intro. You should make them hatch in roundstate 2
- I don't know how it happened but there was one round where it stopped taking damage. I'd hit it but its life would not go below 500
- The helpers could do more damage
- If you stand still and let it come to you, sometimes it will stop at a range where it's not programmed to attack, so it'll just stand there

In a nutshell the char is hard to see but easy to beat.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Re: Metal Alien + stage (Super Contra Arcade) for AVP Project
#3  September 10, 2023, 12:25:27 am
  • AVP Project
    • Spain
    • sergeusmugen.blogspot.com
It looks like the char is a few years old already. But no matter. Here's some feedback:

- The character and the background colors are too similar. You could make the stage a bit darker, or give them different hues, or both
- It's too vulnerable to spamming crouching attacks. You could make it like if the char receives X hits or damage, it will retreat with invincibility. Or make every hit push it back
- The eggs take longer to hatch if you skip the intro. You should make them hatch in roundstate 2
- I don't know how it happened but there was one round where it stopped taking damage. I'd hit it but its life would not go below 500
- The helpers could do more damage
- If you stand still and let it come to you, sometimes it will stop at a range where it's not programmed to attack, so it'll just stand there

In a nutshell the char is hard to see but easy to beat.

Thanks for the feedback, PotS

Well, about the colours i tried to let the original ones (i agree, they are too similar and sometimes you can´t see right the char and the helpers),
The helpers are made to bother the player, not yo make a lot of damage, it was my intention.
I´ll have a look and fix those things you say, and yes, this char and the stage were made in 2020, but i didn´t released them...

Thanks again!!